Web 3.0 DevSprint @unMonastery:Matera?

Sam, Daniel, James at Unmon in June

Summary of what Sam, Daniel and I would like to do at Unmon in June, which we would enjoy doing together with people at Unmonastery.

1) Play with hackathon and living/working space concepts
- We're interested in running small, playful experiments to play with how we interact with each other, and with each other's projects. Our goal is to support each other better, support each others' projects, and find patterns that can be used in future in 'hackathons' and living/working spaces.
2) Common Projects
- Following from OuiShare Labs Camp, we want to continue looking for common threads that we're all working on, agree on common definitions, and build stuff together to share the work and avoid duplication. For us, our main common thread is the Linked Profile project which can be a foundation of many of our projects. We want to work towards understanding common functionality that everyone can use, and build it.
3) Personal Projects
We each bring our own personal projects:
 - James: Human Search - connecting with people based on your un-Googleable needs (building on top of Linked Profile). 
 - Sam: realtime tracking of common resources. Interest to drive some of the 'Play' projects to optimise group collaboration and processes
- Daniel: Web Workstation: a tool which can be used to browse the web in an interactive and  collaboratorive way. Even static html pages can be commented or  annotated and shared between users.

As per the Facebook thread, we're completely happy to integrate with existing members and their routines, including any stuff like cooking and eating together, and regular routines like morning/evening updates.

Cheers :)

James, Sam, Daniel

1 Like

Approved

Hi James,

This was approved in today’s meeting - I believe myself and @elf Pavlik will be taking leadership on organising the logistics. Today is quite frantic but how about we schedule a call for tomorrow morning?

Very excited about this :slight_smile:

1 Like

Cool! We’re very excited

Can’t wait to be back in Matera

Yep, call tomorrow is good, will email you.

1 Like

Logistics

Very likely we can allocate smallest bedroom for 3 of you (post with building plans .dwg)

Still coworking space and kitchen IMO could easily serve at least 3 more people! We could start with bootstrapping accommodation search in case few more people would like to jump into action now and then, while appreciating hospitality of local community :slight_smile: @guaka ?

When it comes to food I hope that we can order some basic ingredients in bulk and then focus on investigating further in-kind donations of food served at unMonastery nodes.

If you want to get here all together I would suggest checking ridesharing services, especially BlaBlaCar, you could also take some time to hitchhike but most likely splitting on a way and practicing patience if you can’t communicate in italian language :wink:

Last but not least, I hope we can help with running some Open Tech School workshops in Matera, please check out call for collaborators published by @Kei and elaboration posted by @Ben. Also if you can work with hardware please bring your soldering irons and other tools since we may do some Restart events

LDP > N3

When reading through the resources Henry used to send via E-Mail in Paris, I’ve read a little about N3. It seems to be an interesting way of logically querying LDP RWW stores.

I had to think of Alex’ UI proposal/sketches once again.

geek talk on other channels please!

Hey Jon,

Happy to see you jumping in!

Let’s please keep technical talks on other channels, including OuiShare Labs and W3C.

Most people here can find it a noise and we already struggle with clear strategy for our communication :(

Same goes to me, if I get to technical here, someone please also remind me to save it for other audiences…

Thanks!

No problem with geek talk :slight_smile:

On the contrary, @elf Pavlik, there is no problem with geek talk. It could even arise curiosity in the less technical edgeryders. Remember? Some randomness in the interaction is good… :slight_smile:

1 Like

Working on the sprint from afar

Hi all,

I am not available to come to unMon in June (until the last week, when I’ll have to leave as soon as I’ve arrived).

I do however want to be involved and should be available to collaborate, think, work, etc from Copenhagen, where I will be for most of June.

Looking forward to it.  Sad I won’t be there to break bread with you all! :confused:

strong emphasis on remote participation!

4-6 people staying in Matera can set rhythm and help with staying focused on topic, still I would like to make sure that everyone who wants to participate remotely also has possibility to feel connected!

even better if people can manage to run shorter satellite events during those few weeks and still have chance to meet and work together #IRL :slight_smile:

of course while we work here in Matera we may want to already plan further events elsewhere to ensure continuity of all the desired developments!

I’ll check if friends in Emerging Leader Labs would like to peer in June :slight_smile: @Kei I really need to put you in touch with @artbrock! BTW @nathanairplane if you stay in touch with Devin Balkind maybe he would also like to join there? I know that he sometimes stays in the same location as ELL site + while ago I helped for a while to run an instance of Sharetribe for their Permabank project…

1 Like

Yes please! Inclusive remote working!

I can offer a place to work in my house in West London in the second half of June.  Big table, lots of light, garden, local pubs, may be able to manage floor space too.

I’ll also be working and the Copenhagen Uni Biosciences building for most of the first half of June where there is free workspace if anyone wanted to join me.

always interested in how to do remote effectively…

…and that really seems to be the whole issue re. Edgeryders (such a spread out network trying to stay connected)

Collaboration / working space in England

Just spoke to some people in England about free spaces for living and or working for  after the unMon:Matera sprint then.  Mainly they are all provided on Meanwhile Leases (so you don’t know how long you have them for) but they are provided free for charities, social enterprises, etc. and so could be a really good option:

3space.org - Hot-desking in central London (charities only).  Work space in Croydon.  A number of work spaces coming online in South England in June/July time.  PS: They will be piloting &Share in there spaces.

healthyplanet.org - Work spaces in London and South East England.  Waiting to hear details / availability back.  Interested in &Share and going to discuss further.

dotdotdotproperty.com - Accommodation for free.  Waiting to hear details / availability back.

commonfutures.eu - Currently running the Common Libraries project.  Not able to provide space for us directly, but very well connected with people who have spaces they want to find socially beneficial uses for and reckon they can help us find a space that will work.  Busy/away now, but meeting them again in mid June to discuss.

commonfutures.eu

ping @CommonFutures ^

Hundredth monkey effect?

@almereyda check out what fellow unMonasterians unMonkeys :wink: have build in a weeks when I stayed in Graz/Berlin/Paris

http://mappingthecommons.org/ :smiley:

somehow it makes me think about Hundredth monkey effect, do you have somewhere compiled list of all the various projects working with such idea?

Mapping the Mappings.

Yes, there are lists:

• Soure : https://mapping-berlin.titanpad.com/1
  • Target : https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1gyqgHDoEj-w8LEdcPBs_J1FMtOf0GHFzZcHPtAQMorI/edit#gid=0

Is that what you intended to know?

I’ve already added two maps you mentionned to the Pad’s chat.

1 Like

Thanks!

Wow, this is a great list. It will take some time to explore all of these projects, want to make sure @mariabyck, @katalin, and @Lucia see this. After my initial glimpse, greatlakescommonsmap.org is of particular interest for its emphasis on stories, and it might be a worthwhile task to formulate our methodology along theses lines.

Mapping the Mappings. Networking the Networks.

As we see now, the Meta-Mapping of Mapping projects is crucial for easing out redundancies in our work : because in the beginning you have the impression you are following a great idea no one else has been thinking about, but once you get out there, you see there are already many resources available to build upon.

Additionally, it’s kind of important to connect all those activists within the field of visualizing the autonomous society (as @Pavlik might say).

So MMM will not only focus on the Taxonomy for entering this data into OpenStreetMap (OSM), but also on connecting the different mapping activities and providing an additional metadata layer for OSM so one can easily add “profiles” to items. Still authentication remains an issue.

Please enjoy http://14mmm.org for further info (continually growing).

Sharing Skills

@Kei, we plan to do a lot skillsharing among ourselves and can always announce our sessions on local OTS channels. I guess we may keep it more on advanced level but if people in Matera would like participate in some beginner level workshops we can happily act as coaches throughout the June :slight_smile: @James Lewis@Samsemilio and Daniel arrive here on 5th, if you like we could do hangout about it even on 6/7th!

Great

That’s exciting! Interested to hear what skills and talk about how to communicate the sessions (and maybe I can dial in for a few?). I could hangout on the 6th or after that, the 9th.

6th is great.