Weekend 25th March

So sorry I can’t make this as I’ll be in England. Hope it goes really well, and looking forward to meeting people another time!

Hi ! Thank you for the research Dave and Lara !

For my part, in that case, I will not sleep over but I am up for coming on Sunday. (400€ / 15 = 26,67€ per person if 15 participants)

1 Like

Hi y’all,
Thanks a lot for researching this!
@BarbaraG, Alicia and I would be present for the meeting on Sunday, and we would be up for an activity on Saturday (there or somewhere else) but would prefer sleeping at home.

Thanks Dave. I am happy to join any team activities, meetings and fun time on Saturday and Sunday and prefer to sleep at home.

1 Like

Cheers Dave! Answers below:

• The 3 of us would like to sleep over (@Nele , me, and our daughter Zohra)
  • Zohra will be 1 year and 5 months old
  • We’d like a baby bed/cot for her, but if necessary, she can sleep in our bed.

Is anyone traveling from Brussels by car? We’ve got a travel baby bed that we could bring in case there are no more baby beds for our daughter, and we’d be grateful for some help with bringing it to Heverlee :slight_smile:

Thanks a lot @Dave_behave and @Lara!

I would like to sleep over and at the same time I am feeling a bit torn about the fact that the price of a sleepover is not accessible to everybody. For me that would be an argument to just stay in Brussels I think.

The price of the meeting room however I would propose to invoice to The Reef. 400 euro is a bit more than what we had budgeted for meeting rooms, but that should be easy to overcome with a short post in the “unforeseen expenses” thread, no?

2 Likes

Thanks @reef-logistics for all you work with this!

If this is the plan, then Sarah and I will take a double room for the Saturday night :slight_smile:

Hey everyone, thanks for putting this together. I would sleep over :slight_smile:

I agree… Especially if we do have a day together on Saturday, it would certainly be nicer if everybody could join…

2 Likes

Also agree to this. What about planning something in Brussels and having dinner together on Saturday night?

1 Like

Hi all, we (@JeremyH and me) also agree and are happy to do something here in Brussels. Makes life also easier with the kid :wink:

Hi all, thanks for your work. I will not sleep over but happy to join you the day we are going to meet (is it on Sunday or Saturday?). Many thanks

I’m afraid I missed the deadline to reply, but seeing as it’s all double rooms: @lenaftng, would you be up for sharing your room with me (2 single beds)? I’d like to sleep over if that’s still the plan and possible.

Hi everyone!

Seeing the different concerns Dave and I have dropped the staying-over part of the weekend and instead we will organize a day together on Saturday (and a location for Sunday of course).

If you have suggestions or ideas of what we could do together, now is the time - shoot! :smiley:

4 Likes

Hi @Lara and @Dave_behave,

Thanks a lot for taking this on you. I realise now that there must have been a misunderstanding about the Saturday, which is probably on me.

So what we had in mind in the Coordination Group is to use part of the Saturday for some deeper reflection and/or some team building activities. The most important one that we have on the list would be the “holistic mandala”, which is an exercise in which a group tries to translate its values (very abstract) into more concrete principles and even actions.

@reef-conflict, would you be willing to take responsibility for the organisation of the activities on Saturday? This could be a mix of mandalas and whatnot and other more relaxing activities (whatever people like).

In practical terms: @reef-logistics,

• Would you be willing to check with GC Ten Weyngaert whether we can rent one or two rooms from Saturday until Sunday early evening, and then if the price is reasonable book it?

• Would you be willing to make a plan regarding food, drinks and other logistics (e.g. pillows or whatever we need)? No need to everything yourself, but it would be really helpful if a couple of people could lead the way.

I can take care of the agenda for Sunday (based on what we discussed in the Coordination Group), so then we just need 2-3 people to facilitate the plenary sessions on Sunday?

3 Likes

I’m sure that between us we can do something along those lines. However, it would be good to get some feedback from the group about what people would like to get from that Saturday session. We already have ‘translating values into concrete principles/actions’ and ‘relaxing activities’. Feel free to make suggestions here…

I’m sure that Team Facilitation can cover that… is that ok for you @BarbaraG and @RalfWetzel ?

1 Like

@reef-logistics: we have a car, in case that would help in any way! (Depending on where we will meet, we would also need to use it to get there, or we could fully offer it for transporting stuff.)

1 Like

Hey Lee,

Thank you for the information! I personally definitely had a different picture for the Saturday before (informal get-together).

I just had a call with the GC Ten Weyngaert and they suggested to book the Lodewijk de Raet zaal.
The price seemed reasonable to me, so I directly made a reservation on the website.

What I still need to know:
It’s 30EUR per started slot, and the slots are: 08:00 tot 13:00 / 11:00 tot 19:00 / 17:00 tot 22:00
@Lee + @reef-community please let me know the end and start time of each day. The biggest question for me is if we will use the room after 17h, because that would mean that we start a new slot.

@Lee just for info: I needed to give the name and telephone number of the “responsible person” of The Reef. I gave yours, but put my information as contact person.

Second point for food/drink/logistics noted (tagging @Dave_behave). @reef-community and @reef-facilitation: please reach out regarding your needs for those two days.

2 Likes

Thanks a lot @Lara!

I can’t really see how big this De Raet room. Are you sure it’s big enough to do break-out groups? Also: would you know whether the room that we usually use (first floor to the right) is available?

The time slot question makes my brain hurt (I don’t understand it), but I would say on Saturday we need a room from 12 until 6 (so we can go for dinner afterwards), and on Sunday I would say from 10 until 5. Would that make sense?

For those that are interested, I started a separate post for the logistics of the weekend. Link below.

What’s most interesting for all @reeflings at this time is that we will meet up at GC Ten Weyngaert at Vorst/Forest on Saturday and Sunday 25/26 of March.

This is not a final planning, but just an idea for the timing and food plans. The final info will still come.
Sat: optional potluck brunch/lunch (if weather permits in the park) then afternoon activities in the meeting room, optional dinner in the area
Sun: start at ±10am, sandwich lunch, meeting until ±17h

5 Likes