What did we discuss during the Covid19 Community Response Call #1 & What will we do next?

Hi to all! An hint for @mstn. There is a project (map based) to find nearby home deliveries, started in Reggio Emilia and now open to all Italy: https://www.vicinoesicuro.it/ (I could reach Cristiano Ferrari TW: cieffe27 - main developer is TW: sghedo)

5 Likes

Our aim to start Didi Asks was to enhance communication that we believe nurture social connection that has the potential to become your support network. We personally and generally touched how isolation can generate panic, loneliness, depression, and anxiety.

Therefore, once the call for #StayHome started we as a response shifted our work into online. We started last Thursday and so far we realized 5 calls, some of them connecting people from Colombia, Germany, Austria, Indonesia and the USA … we got a request from a group from India too.

We can see how tackling the social aspect of the crisis is as important as the medical part.
2 hours of socializing meeting new people or even playing it with your friends and knowing new sides about them, fuel the players’ energy and make them feel connected to a bigger tribe.

1 Like

where/ how are you doing this? Want to run one for this community and if yes what would you technically need to do this ?

We run two official calls per week (one Arabic and one English) we use Google Hangout since it is free.

For the community: i think it will be better to be hosted by your Zoom account. nothing else needed :smiley:
general info:
nu. of players from 5 to 14.
Duration: from an hour and half to two hours (depend on the number of players)

I will just need to know the number of the player before the call and their whataspp number (or any other proposed way) to send them privately their cards.

2 Likes

ok we can probably organise this as a nice next event? ping @MariaEuler can you help set this up?

2 Likes

I haven’t heard or seen anything Georgia specific, besides in the LGBTIQ community (who are hit really hard as a significant amount of people are homeless and/or sex workers) which have hosted fundraisers, organized community services online, and made it possible to deliver condoms and lube (in an extremely conservative country such as Georgia, the latter is a pretty huge deal).
I’m scouting for some more positive examples, but since most people live with several generations in one house, it’s a bit different here. I’ll keep you posted.

Do you know how they are organising?

several formal and informal groups, activists and community members are part of a very active facebook group where most is discussed and planned

Hello - I try to write a story ‘how to read figures’ starting from numbers communicated today (Italy: 4789 newly infected and total numbers 63,927; Germany: 4764 newly infected and total numbers 27,436). Purpose of the text ‘how to understand’ exponential growth, heterogeneous data, etc. best regards, Martin

p.s. the Video Meeting Room is open (mail me to get the link; keep in mind that i is an open space, my grandchildren may come in = home office second level)

3 Likes

Thanks, some guys and I are compiling a list in Italian for websites of this kind (do you want to join us?). GitHub - mstn/awesome-coronavirus-italia: Awesome list with resources to fight the covid emergency (mainly 🇮🇹) (vicinosicuro is already there! there is one for Milan https://www.filaindiana.it/)

I do not use twitter. Can you give me their emails in private? We can make a call to sync!

2 Likes

There are several initiatives now in the board game industry to design games which can be played online via zoom etc…also few contests to design solo games or games which can be easily printed at home and played by anyone (initiatives in response to the isolation period).

@HadeerGhareeb I would definitely like to learn more and also maybe bring more people to your game. There are big online communities, industry professionals and players, who could be interested.

1 Like

@msanti if you know them maybe it would be nice to write an email to them introducing @mstn ? could make it a bit easier to connect with them…

2 Likes

Thank you @jasen_lakic
Here is a link about the game I posted earlier in the platform and I will be happy to answer any questions you have,until we play all together :slight_smile:

1 Like

@HadeerGhareeb, as an event on the platform/for the community here maybe via zoom or similar, would work best. What do you think? If you want just give me a date and I set it up and we put together a post to share with people :). Do you have any images with which we could put together a flyer?

Happy to help :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Zoom will be great, if not we used Google hangouts and worked well.
Date: Friday 27th - 5 or 6 PM

Here is our FB Page, it has many pictures: Facebook

Looking forward to that :slight_smile:

1 Like

@ichraf would you be interested to connect in a call to discuss how to write a design call for the platform and beyond sharing for this?

1 Like

From Monday on Sunday the government closed of a region after a case of the virus was discovered in a late stage. The problem is that it’s a Azeri minority village and that a lot of people do not speak Georgian - and can’t follow the updates. Many woke up in a quarantined of zone without knowing what was going on. Yesterday and today, people still went along their usual routines, but I found out that one person is setting up a volunteer campaign going door to door in all the villages in order to inform people of the situation in Azerbaijani.

1 Like

OK, i will set that up with our community account on zoom. doe you mean 17:00 CEST?

1 Like

yes CEST

1 Like

Yes we can do that and see what solutions can we bring together, or improve existing ones.

2 Likes