What I am working on this week (July 22 - 26)

In continuation from last week’s post, this is what I am working on this week. I am posting what I am working on, so people can flag if something needs more priority than something else, if I’ve missed something, or if there’s a job that can be killed.

HIGH PRIORITY:

PRIORITY:

• Edit call for speakers for the tech & inequalities event
  • Creating an influencer lists posts, to ask community to share who they think we should approach
  • Work on Deep Green campaign
  • Write a blog post about book published

LOW PRIORITY:

• Work on visuals - find illustrator - to illustrate the questions we are asking in a distinct style (eg upgrading technology is leading to downgrading humans)
  • Work on the interview with @matthias for our Deep green campaign in which we promote our environment related topics (delayed to give Matthias time to answer due to other responsibilities needing his attention, set date for Aug 8)

General work:

We need to have the job openings for people in Czech Republic and Serbia pushed out. Where can I find the material for this @natalia_skoczylas?

1 Like

I wrote this copy for it and tagged @anon82932460 last week - didn’t check where it got posted

Job opportunity: help us build and activate a network of active contributors from Czechia for our online community of activists, thinkers and doers, hackers, and others who want to make a difference.

You’ll be working with our community of changemakers, by organizing events on wellbeing - that of the people themselves, the state of the city, country, neighborhood, or family.

Find more info here :point_down:

So, I am not to sure where whose responsibility lies in terms of finding someone for this position, but I’ll gladly push it from my personal accounts and twitter some more.

@natalia_skoczylas and @noemi what do you think is the best course of action besides that? @anon82932460 perhaps you can share how it’s been doing on social media and ads?

1 Like

Pushed on FB as advertising. Will provide more info tommorow as travelling at the moment.

ok but not with hackers slant, correct?

1 Like

For Serbia I have a few personal connections to organizations that can push this to their networks. I just need a link and a text to send over

for tomorrow @anon82932460 , there’s an updated text:

Job opportunity: help us build and activate a network of active contributors from Czechia for our online community of innovators in business, work and life, working to make a difference.

You’ll be working with our community of changemakers, by organizing events on wellbeing - that of the people themselves, the state of the city, country, neighborhood, or family.

Find more info here :point_down:

Yup. No hacking ( or slashing ) involved :slight_smile:

or stabbing or defenestrating. Good

1 Like

Ok, the situation is that we’re waiting for EC to finally approve the deal with Serbia and then the call will go public. We worked with @Jirka_Kocian on the Czech call over the past days and it’s ready to be published. Let me know how should we go about it, I’m ready to help. @anon82932460 @inge

1 Like

please link to the post to which you are referring so everyone is sure they are talking about the same thing? …

It’s always the same call in Czech: EdgeRyders najímají lokální mediátory! - #4

Peter Bihr did two audio interviews, which I edited into decent podcast-quality items. And tomorrow I have the interview with Peter. I would like to make these audio files available here on the platform for those who want to listen, but I don’t know where, or even if, we put such things. I don’t want to direct people to our Google file space, unless someone thinks that is how we should do it.

And I want to transcribe them into text. For that, should I get it done and get reimbursed for it? Or it is simpler for someone else to do it from Brussels?

1 Like

I remember @anon82932460 and @nadia having a conversation about this. There’s some services we could ask to transcribe them, and there should be ways to put audio online.

What I think it best if you clean them up. And then we have them transcribed asap and put online. Like I said during last call, I thought they are very engaging and interesting and need to be shared widely.

Tho, I am not against you transcribing them, just not sure if that’s the best use of your time :slight_smile:
Also, I am not sure of the quality of the transcribing from the platforms we know?

genko.com - we have an account there already

1 Like

Oh good. I never intended to transcribe them myself. With the way I type it would take a month. The idea was always to use a service. My question was really about the payment process. So if we have a subscription then great, let’s use it.

1 Like

Ha, you just made me laugh!

Great we figured it all out :slight_smile:

It would be useful if we had the storage space to house some audio and video files on the platform rather than a link to somewhere else. Storage is cheap. Why don’t we do it?

I think that’s fair. Perhaps embedding could work. Tho I think these are questions @matthias will have a better answer to.

Staff users can already upload .mp4 video files and they will be embedded in the post like an image. Might work with .mp3 and .ogg audio files as well, but I did not try that yet. Max. upload size is 100 MiB at the moment, but this is configurable.

Since all storage use becomes 20 times as much when including the backups, and large backup archives become unwieldy to handle, use the uploading of media files responsibly. Means, use proper resolution and compression as suitable for the type of media.

1 Like