I updated the OpenVillage Fest program page. So far we have two community curators handling two key themes which emerged out of opencare conversations throuhgout last year:
- “Living and Working Well Together” : highly relevant, this emerges at the intersection of building physical spaces for coliving/coworking and ensuring wellbeing in community. I titled it in honor of @johncoate 's recent blog posts (thanks!!).
What we need over the next week
We need a good outline for the theme + fitting sessions. I tentatively assign this task to Woodbine because it seems this is up their street. More than a space where for co-habitation or learning together, they are involved in running a place where activities are directed at providing care - preventative, through peer learning and building capacity which system healthcare lacks.
The sessions, demos and panels can be built from the following key stories (… and more out there, not yet on edgeryders!):
- How to share care in a living community
- Cosain Community Wellness
- When you live with your co-workers
- Calafou, a postcapitalist eco-industrial colony
- Conversation with Sigried about living spaces in urban environments.
- Spawning The Reef: re-inventing communal working and living (again) | What Makes The Reef Different?
How to curate a theme?
Process and instructions for curators are here.
Taking on this task gets you a Full Pass to the festival and potentially a Fellowship. Guys, let me know what you think? The rest of us, can we spread the word?