Yerevan is calling :)

Hi folks, I’m Anahit from Yerevan, Armenia and I’m more than amazed to join this fantastic platform. I’m a marketing spec. by profession, social media guru and tech geek. I’m active in different civic society movements, looking forward to great international experiences. Hope to see all of you soon in Yerevan

Soon is NOW :slight_smile:

Hi Anahit, great meeting you,

You’re just in time, as we’ve been sending last minute info to people who want to attend the workshop. Hashtag is futurespotters so keep an eye on that as well?

We’re already in Yerevan and are going to a cycling meetup tonight, if you wanna join we’ll see each other there: ՚Փողկապ ու Քամի՚

Looking forward to this!!

and welcome from Egypt too

welcome :slight_smile:

looking forward to see ur contribution and know ur story  with the other people of Yaraven . have fun cycling :D:D

Hello Anahit!

Welcome on the Platform:)

Will you join us tomorrow for the workshop at 10:00 am near the republic square?

Yeah, if you wanna join the cycling event tonight, you are welcome to! Only you need to let us know as soon as possible:)

My phone numbers are 055310379 and 091310379.

Hope to catch up soon!

V

Hey there :slight_smile: Sure I will. I have some little things to do until 10:30 AM, so I will join you probably 1 hour later.

I would love to join the cycling activity today, but my bike has some problems, so I will not participate this time. :( 

Have a nice evening and see you soon.

maybe we get a bike for you, let’s try

Very cool that you are joining us tomorrow!

But even tonight - it should work with the bikes, I can check with the bike shop soon, please get in touch with me if you feel like trying, call within an hour from now, to check if there is still a free bike to take, and join:)

cycling with ties - this doesn’t happen every day in Yerevan, common:)!

Sounds great!

I don’t have a tie with me :frowning: But anyway, I’m gonna call/text you in an hour to get more concrete info :slight_smile:

Save Theghut?

Hi Anahit, how’s it going? Hope you had wonderful holidays. Myself, ehm, unfortunately I had to spend the whole Sunday and Monday traveling from Yerevan to Tbilisi and then Bucharest…

I was wondering if you’d be up for sharing the story of how the Save Theghut movement begun, how you got involved and why (it would probably go well in a separate post?). I hope there’s material about this on the net, also in English, for further readings… If my memory doesn’t fail me, there was someone else in the room involved in this initiative, who was it?

Do you remember who was involved in the Mashtotz Park movement, so I can reach out to them for more information? Thanks, keep in touch!!

Hey there :slight_smile:

Hope you had a safe trip. Well, sure I am up to share our story about Teghut initiative, there was Arpine who is also from our group and Lilit. Actually, the boy that came 2nd day, told about Mashtots park, but me and Arpine were also involved in that movement, so we will carefully introduce you to our initiatives. 

Take care and see you soon :slight_smile:

1 Like

Great

Looking forward to this, learning about the initiative through the eyes of someone involved is always more interesting and can inspire more people to get involved…

This seems like a good spot for the post: /t/spot-the-future-caring-for-commons/559 We called the group Caring for Commons to hint at the fact that green spaces need all our care and protection to prevent them from being destroyed, bought, built on, anything that means the resource which is used by many is capitalized by a few and becomes a scarce resource…  You might wanna check this kind of reaction to a park in Tbilisi being sold to a construction companyhttps://edgeryders.eu/arrivals/if-you-can-kick-us-out-of-our-parks-then-we-can-kick-you-out

We have a video interview with some of the movement’s founders, so stay tuned :slight_smile: