Invitation to participate in shaping New EU policy making lab, April 20-21 in Brussels

Hi all,

I received the following invitation today. If anyone wants to go instead of me write to nadia [at] edgeryders [dot] eu. I’ve already asked whether they cover 1) travel expenses and 2) compensation for participants time but am guessing that they don’t :slight_smile:

The Foresight and Behavioural Insights Unit (FBIU) of the Joint Research Centre is currently in the process of setting-up a laboratory for innovation in EU policy making in Brussels.  As part of this process, we have launched a pilot project on the topic of “Social Change in a hyper-connected era”. The pilot has a twofold objective: building the Lab using a design approach, while at the same time co-designing new activities together with partners and stakeholders. 

On 20-21 April 2015, we are organising, together with Strategic Design Scenarios, a professional design team, the first in a series of four interactive OnSite workshops. 

We would like to invite you to participate in the session on 20 April, between 9.30-17.00, in which we will start to explore the topic using design and innovative facilitation methods. You will be asked to actively engage during the sessions to identify key dimensions of social change and future challenges together with our team. This will be an opportunity for you to contribute to the shaping of the Lab’s future projects and work, and to receive first-hand experience of using design tools.

Please confirm your participation by 9 April by writing to JRC-DDG-02-FBIU@ec.europa.eu. If you are not available, we would appreciate a suggestion for a suitable colleague to replace you.

Please do not hesitate to contact us for more information. We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Kind regards,

Tine van Criekinge, Daniel Bengtsson and Emanuele Cuccillato

1 Like