#LOTE: who is involved and how you can get involved too

LOTE is a community-organized event. Everything that happens is made by us and for us. So, if you want it to be great, get involved! Here’s who is already working on it, and what we are working on. Click on a person name to contact her if you want to help her with something. If you have an idea that no one seems to be exploring, contact Noemi at noemi@edgeryders.eu.

All this is voluntary work – we are all doing this on our own free time and no money is involved, though we do hope to be able to fund someone to travel to Matera. If you are interested, we are happy to give you a Linkedin recommendation (profile).

Activity Who's leading What you’ll actually do
Track 1: Upskilling for change

Alberto for now. But if you want to lead this, let’s talk!

Put together a track program. Hunt for great session speakers; propose your own session; organize the room; arrange for documentation to happen, etc.
Track 2: Building the unMonastery

@ben

Put together a track program. Hunt for great session speakers; propose your own session; organize the room; arrange for documentation to happen, etc.
Track 3: The unconference on the edge You? Put together a track program. Hunt for great session speakers; propose your own session; organize the room; arrange for documentation to happen, etc.
Social media team

@dorotea, @khusboo and @noemi

Reshare \#LOTE-related content online to drive participation and engagement. Onsite, blog, tweet, take pictures and video. It is already a large team (27 people so far!) but there’s always room for more. Speakers of Italian particularly welcome.
Logistics

@elf_pavlik and @ilariadauria

Help participants to reach Matera and find accommodation there for free or for cheap. People from Matera are particularly welcome.
Venue

@andrea_paoletti@havartu also volunteered.

Prep the unMonastery venue for hosting \#LOTE. See the discussion here.
unHalloween You? Organize a Halloween party to go down in the unMonastery annals!
Partnerships and fundraising

@nadia

Engage with public and private organization to ensure support and influence for \#LOTE
1 Like

Awesome!

Very useful :slight_smile:

I was thinking that what [Alberto] said about a “mixed team” being a great way to seed diverse collaboration in the matchmaking discussion: the making-of the Halloween party definetly goes in that direction too. There is no going anywhere without the locals’ knowledge of the city, at the same time it is a great wat to get to know the city by getting involved.

I can contribute on this too, although I prefer not taking the lead: I would be glad to put people in contact and get the willing ERs connected to the local resource people but I am sure I don’t want to be part of the organization - taking care of accomodation and ER’s hospitality is already a challenging task, we wouldn’t want anyone to stay behind! So just for information’s sake: who ever decides to take the lead on the party, bare in mind that this whill be a fun channel to get to know the city and its inhabitants, and that in the beginning you will not be left alone :-)… shortly after, I am confident that things will jost (rock ‘n’) roll!

Exactly what is needed

Great source to share with people who was afraid to get involved due to overflow of information! Grazie!