TechBlick 22 - Peter [EN]

So you currently own a car?

I own a car. Yeah.

Which kind of car is it?

It’s a BMW 530.

Electric hybrid or petrol.

It’s a diesel. It’s a diesel engine. Yeah, yeah, yeah, but my wife has just ordered for company purposes an electric car. Just just to to add that. Yeah, yeah.

What personal or professional experience have you had with electronics in cars you have used?

Experience with electronics.

Everything is working properly or any issues, any problems or never?

The approach to this one. Yes, certainly with with current electronics you always face face issues and this is something sometimes it’s bad luck. Yeah. There’s one car where you have some issues and another one which had never a problem. So it’s it’s mixed basically the main thing is that you get it fixed properly and think and one of the things you can’t repair it yourself anymore, everything is so complex. And this is something that the automotive industry has to work on, not just to replace things and throw them away rather than repairing them. Yeah. So yeah, but but that is that, that is an issue. Yeah. Yeah.

And what was your experience with electronics in a car. your personal experience.

Oh. I had some 1 or 2 breakdowns due to electronic issues, but yeah, but that’s that’s life, I would say. Are you asking for something very specific? Yeah. No no, no. Okay. Um, no, not more I can say about that, actually. I’m sorry.

No. No problem. Do you have concerns about privacy and personal data stored by electronics in a car?

Not not not at all. When I’m surfing in the internet, I shouldn’t be concerned about all these things. Um. I’m. Let’s say I’m. I’m not very much concerned. Concerned about that. Yeah, I know other other people are more of sharing personal data. Yeah, maybe I’m not sufficiently cautious, but I don’t care so much about that. Yeah.

Especially thinking about reusing electronic devices from your car or things like that.

No, no, I don’t have I don’t have a concern.

electronics in general.

Also not not not that much. Okay. When you when you want to enjoy all the benefits of the society, etcetera, data sharing is important. It’s part of our the wealth that we have developed. Yeah. And if I don’t want that at all, I have also to reduce my expectation on standard of living and everything. Yeah, I can’t use all of this feature without of the slight negative side. Yeah. So that’s that’s my opinion. Yeah.

So it’s okay. Yeah. Does recycling and reusing mean different things to you?

Um, yeah it does. Recycling is just that you do something with a with a product and reusing. Oh, no, it’s actually. No, I wouldn’t see a difference. Um, yeah. You could. I mean, if you recycle it, it also means that it’s being used for something. Recycling is just the process to convert it in something that you could reuse. So reusing comes after recycling. This is how I would define it. Yeah.