Many important news for those Edgeryders going to 32C3.
- @msanti (thanks!) has decided to support hostel accommodation for two more people, bringing the provisional total of Edgeryders at 32C3 to 12. In reality, there will probably be a couple of people from the community who will attend the event, but not stay at Generator.
- The theme has been announced: Gated communities. "It is 2015. A large part of the population has withdrawn to heavily guarded islands of comfort."
- The wiki is up. I created an Edgeryders asssembly page to let orga know we are going: https://events.ccc.de/congress/2015/wiki/Assembly:Edgeryders
- Tickets are not yet available. Prices also not announced. Last year, tickets cost 100 EUR.
- For people traveling overland, Deutsche Bahn offers a special deal on trains from anywhere in Germany. Check out the rail travel page, there are other cheap options available.
What should we do?
The assembly is thought as a meeting point – it’s easy to feel lost as you wander the Hamburg Congress Center, 31C3 had 10,000 people! But of course we could do something together. I’d be up for some social network hacking, maybe even using Edgeryders data (something along the lines of Masters of Networks, but simpler and more relaxed). This would work really well, especially if my brothers-in-arms @melancon or @brenoust were to show up. @danohu and @Nadia dreamed up a sort of performance-medical experiment on placebo which looked interesting and fun, not sure if they plan to follow up on it.
In Generator Hostel: