6 hours of Nonviolent Communication training for small groups

The Sociocracy for all site offers a 6-hour nonviolent communication course (in 3 sessions) for groups of 2-8 people. For those of us that are fairly new to this, it might be a nice opportunity to move forward a little together. The course costs 120 dollars (whatever that is in euros), so if we got 8 people together it would be 15 dollars each. If there are more than 8, or if there are Reeflings who want to do this in the future, we can use this thread to keep putting groups together when needed.

Here’s the link:

If you’re interested, reply to this thread…

:slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’m in!

2 Likes

I would be interested to join out of curiosity. Happy to share in the costs.

@reeflings, is there anybody else who would be willing to join for 3x 2 hours of online training on nonviolent communication?

1 Like

I’m in, too.

2 Likes

@ChrisM: if it can be of help when booking the training course, you can always use The Reef’s email address. Everybody has access to it (it’s like a shared inbox for emails from third parties). The login credentials are in the folder of Team IT.

1 Like

I’d like to join as well.

2 Likes

interested

1 Like

I’m interested!

2 Likes

Interested too! Sorry, a bit late in answering though!

3 Likes

Hi everyone!

So that’s 8 of us interested, so we have a full crew :slight_smile: Unfortunately Sarah and I have run out of time to do this before we go to New Zealand. So two options: if those of you who have expressed interest are keen to do this sooner rather than later, feel free to go ahead and we can put another group together for a second round when we get back; alternatively, we aim to do it at the end of August when we get back. No wrong answers :slight_smile:

If the latter, I will kickstart this thread when I get back on 19 August. It’s 3 x 2-hour sessions, and I think it would be nice to do it in person, as getting a discussion going is the whole point of doing it in a group. It could be three individual sessions, or make an afternoon/evening out of it for all three, with a bit of time for a meal (which might actually be more efficient time wise). It would be no problem to do it at our place in St Guidon…

:slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi @ChrisM

I’d think it would be great to have you and Sarah join, so my proposal would be to wait. But maybe it would be good to try to fix the dates sooner than later? One little bottleneck for example is the fact that @alberto won’t be in Belgium between 15 September and 15 October. Happy to help setting up a Doodle if that is helpful.

Two further thoughts:

1. Given the price of the training and the fact that we have already agreed to invest in training, my proposal would be that The Reef pays for this one in one go. Does that sound reasonable?
  2. If there would be a 9th person who would like to join, I’d be happy to give up my place.
2 Likes

Thanks @Lee
No problem for me if The Reef pays for it :slight_smile:
Yes, setting up a Doodle would be appreciated! The window seems to be 20 August to 15 September…

1 Like

Great!

@ChrisM @Sarah @manuelpueyo @ugne @Sophie_Beese @EmmanuelleVM and @alberto could you please fill in the Doodle so we can set the dates ASAP? TIA!

1 Like

Done!

Done! I’d also appreciate setting the dates sooner rather than later, as my schedule starts to fill up very quickly in September. And for the record, I’m in favour of a Saturday or Sunday to do it all in one go, but happy to to 3 x two hours if that suits others better :slight_smile:

1 Like

Done ! Tanks for this. I agree with the propositions and suggestions of Chris and Sarah. Have a nice trip to New Zealand

1 Like

Hi!
If I am not too late and it is still possible, I filled in the Doodle in order to take part with you to the training.

1 Like

@ChrisM, given that you took the initiative for this one, would you be willing to choose the dates? Or would you rather I do it so as to gain time?

On the Doodle:

• @manuelpueyo: I see that your submission says that you’re not availalble on any of the time slots, is this correct or did something go wrong?
  • @ugne and @alberto: can you please fill in the Doodle? We really need to move forward and fix some days.
1 Like

Apologies, I’m done now. I was wrongfooted by Doodle’s new interface.

@alberto and @manuelpueyo: it seems like there is a misunderstanding on the Doodle. It has options until 20 September, so you need to use the sliding bar and go through all the options until the end.

Can you please make a new submission so that we can fix the dates ASAP?

@ugne: if you could also fill in the Doodle that would be great too. Thanks!