Ampat Koshy rides on the wings of love: Autism for Help Village

(

(Photo: Ampat Koshy)

When parents have to fight and advocate for their children, they find renewed hope and strength, because they love their children with every part of their being. Everyday brings unique challenges that can wear us down, or build us up. Parents of autistic children often run out to look for solutions. But parents have something very special, that any healthcare or social worker professionals cannot offer: they value differences and know a love and appreciation deeper than most.

Ampat Koshy, an assistant professor teaching English litterature, has his mind filled with poetry and love. He found wings he may have never thought he had. His son is autistic and he decided to do something to help his community by founding the Autism for Help Village https://www.facebook.com/groups/autismvillage/405164159510521 (edited link, March 9, 2012). He said that this is his lifetime project. He aims to bring adequate educational, therapeutic, medical, vocational, and other assistance to the unserved, autistic children/peoples, and their families and caregivers, in the communities of south India.

You have started a trip, you have a long way to walk, many of us want to share that trip with you, we can keep learning together at the Village of Equity [the Autism for Help Village]”, said Ternura Rojas, Ph.D, Pharmacist, Expert in environment/food science

Ampat inspires others and shows children amazing and unconditional love. He is hoping that parents and caregivers will receive long-term support, acceptance, and inclusion. Let us hope that Ampat will keep dreaming, loving, sharing, finding hope and strength. We need more people like Ampat in this world!

Read more about Ampat

Autism Village Project

A correction

The link given in the above article is no longer functional

Instead this link works: https://www.facebook.com/groups/autismvillage/405164159510521/ Ask to be added to the group from your facebook account,

That’s where you will get the latest news.

Dr A.V.Koshy

Broken link corrected

Hello Ampat. For your information, I did the correction in the initial post of this thread. Thank you for informing us about the broken link.

I had an idea, when I woke up this morning. So far, I wrote 7 ‘Shine your light’ mission reports highlighting Edgeryders participants. After I noticed that some participants posted the ‘Shine some light’ mission report on their Facebook page and they seemed quite happy about it, I thought of adapting the content and turning it into a LinkedIn ‘recommendation’. This way, the LinkedIn network of participants will have the possibility to see the information, and it will continue to be useful and live beyond the Edgeryders project.

This mission report has also been marked on the map of #futurebuilders: http://www.communitywalk.com/configure/1475601

Thank you

Lyne this is a brilliant idea.

Thanks alot  for the same.

Is there any way we can correct the link in the linkedin too.

2 more corrections

This darn broken link was been following us everywhere, hasn’t it?

I removed it from the LinkedIn version of your profile.

I also deleted it from the mission report Autism Village project.

Thanks

It was functional when I first gave it to you Lyne. Thaks a tonne. For correcting it.

Sorry aaronhap

I do not understand your comment, or the link you posted in it and what they have to do with Ampat’s post or any of the other comments. Can you explain?

Thanks

Thank you Lyne :slight_smile:

Thanks for the link, Dr. Koshy, I looked over the posts in the facebook group and I was truly impressed by this story, can’t imagine what it must be like Autism for Help Village Project | Nancygail Katzin-Nystrom | Facebook

Will keep following your work, make sure you keep us posted!

May God and yourself help these people and their children!