Announcement: Bursaries for travel to the event

Announcement #1: the Bursaries for travel to the event (Terms for selected members)

They will receive

• A visa invitation letter.
  • Reimbursement for travel costs for up to 500 USD in exchange for receipts on arrival at the event in Brussels.

Before OpenVIllage Festival:

• Make sure you read the OpenVillage strategy and timeline and share your own thoughts as a comment on it.

• 3 minutes / day: Check the CountOnMe email and follow instructions (3 minutes).
    (@owen and @hazem: the count on me list should include the names of new members and a call to welcome them.)

• 15 minutes/day: Read comments on their posts and respond. Read other members’ posts and leave thoughtful comments with helpful information, constructive critique etc…

• 1 morning or afternoon - Conduct field work in their town or city. Methodology: They will design and deploy a version of the Kennisland methodology that is appropriate to their local context (see the video), article) posting results on the edgeryders.eu platform. Why do this? Here’s a suggested article to read.

• Do some research on funders, potential sponsors and or venture philanthropists to find possible supporters for the OpenVillage project (the more resources we can attract, the more opportunities we can create for one another, the more everyone’s work will benefit). Add 3 entries to the list of possible funders, investors, supporters, government stakeholders, media and partner organisations that we should reach out to about the OpenVillage project.

• Help us shape day 3 of the OpenVillage Festival program with Matthias, John and the other curators. Start by familiarizing yourself with latest version of the event program here. Then add your proposal in the OpenVillage Festival group on the platform.

During OpenVillage Festival:

• Participate in the workshops on community building/management and security with John Coate and Matthew Mitchell respectively. Contribute to the Documentation efforts following instructions they will receive before the event.

After OpenVillage Festival:

• Share their own learnings and reflections in a blogpost on the edgeryders.eu platform

**The members awarded travel bursaries to the OpenVillage Festival 2017 so far are:**

If you have any questions feel free to post them in a comment below or write to community@edgeryders.eu

8 Likes

we look forward to screening Zyara in Brussels and share our work with you all.
Thank you for gathering the change makers <3

Yaaaaaay… I am looking forward meeting you all in Brussels… Sorry for being virtually absent these couple of days I am traveling and don’t always have Internet… But yeah I will follow up once I am home again

2 Likes

Thank you all very much , & I’m very sorry , I wish I could come ,but unfortunately time couldn’t help me to Get the Visa , I wish you good luck & hope you do good job & I hope it will be a great useful event , & please if I could help in any thing ,any task ,any service , I would be happy to offer my services or to do any thing to help in resulting that great event