Some time ago @davideagazzi told me to be on the lookout for smart people to apply to this call for project. In my understanding we (as in unMonastery powered by Egderyders) tick all of the boxes. They want projects that are:
- socially innovative cultural projects ("progetti culturali di innovazione sociale")
- scalable ("scalability is a myth", as @pietro reminded us at LOTE3, but we can argue that)
- sustainable for themselves and the people who work for them (we would probably say "in" them for the unMonastery – plus we have a heterodox approach to sustainability... )
- conducive to positive local impact
- open source
It works like this:
- apply by December 9th.
- it must pass a hurdle of expert evaluation .
- if it does, it is put on some website and left online two months. People vote for their favorite projects (42K voters last year).
- the 8 most voted projects are then re-assessed by expert evaluators.
- the winning projects stands to win the very respectable sum of 100K.
The catch is that the applicant (or the leading applicant in case of a partnership) must be Italian. For the unMonastery, a natural partnership would be Comitato Matera 2019 + Edgeryders LBG, but other possibilities might be considered.