I’ve been told before to be an oversharer, so bare with me.
After our content curation call, I made dinner, fed the toddler, and just knew I’d fall asleep with him when I’d take him to bed. Well, that didn’t happen (he slept instantly, I didn’t).
Because I had too many thoughts and ideas.
Why? So, we had some miscommunication about the campaign pages. What I usually do, is I make a mockup to avoid this. But I hadn’t in this case. Now I realize, I should’ve.
Low and behold, here’s a mockup of what the page should look like (if possible) and the copy it should have. Let’s be in touch on details @owen when you can tomorrow.
ping as well @nadia @johncoate @natalia_skoczylas @noemi @anon82932460
Love every section of your mockup. Nice funnel-based approach. And thing is that we can measure when people join us from each step.
@inge I appreciate it… but the time to have settled on this design would have been over a month ago, with the copy, translations, images agreed on and finalised… not today.
The version we have has been online for over a month for feedback. And I am working on implementing the changes we all agreed on yesterday to get this done…
but to come out with a new layout, a desktop layout with no mobile design, copy that didn’t exist (or agreed on) until now… and to want this done this week, I think I might have a little mental breakdown! Not to say your ideas aren’t good - but I’m scratching my head understanding the assumptions at work here…
understood @owen - this is on me, for not taking the lead earlier. My apologies.
I Have a few simple requests tho, which should be super simple:
- To keep all the background white
- To add the copy I have here (especially at the top, this is the same/similar to what I had added last week prior to our call
- to add an additional about page (as agreed on during our call last week) with the text from About Us to Share your story (with clickeable text or button with WRITE) + projects below that + media mentions.
Would that be feasible?
Yes, to 1, 2, and 3 yes except for projects - I need copy for all the projects mentioned and logos etc if I am to get this done in time.
we could also do it in just text format with a clickeable link and no logo?
I also love the mockup, great work Inge!!
What is most important and consistent with our decision from last week are 2 things: 1) the featured content (above the usual content) and 2( the story of Edgeryders. If Owen can find a way to include them, in his own design that would be great. I mean, we anyway all agreed these are important.
I’ve updated the site to include parts of Inge’s work and adapted it to fit into the current design.
You might need to clear cache.
Some notes -
- I removed the tag wheel as I don’t think it belongs here, but will be used elsewhere
- I included a call to action at the head of the page, this was discussed with @noemi as we need a clearer message to lead the page - the €200 byline was a suggestion in our discussion for the international version, it can be changed
- webcontent-wellbeing-featured international tag features no English content…?
- It’s pretty late and I need to rest now, the mobile part will be worked on tomorrow during which I need some help for the below points.
in order of priority…
- Translations of all text (or the basic necessary text) based on Inge’s copy - I imagine Czech is the priority (@Jirka_Kocian)?
- Copy of project descriptions, logos less important - @inge
- Images for the featured stories
- A domain for the website to publish to - we will also need to configure subdomains for each language - cz., rs., de., pl… I can do this once we register the domain.
What an amazing job, @owen, that must’ve been so much work!
Regarding your notes -
- “I removed the tag wheel as I don’t think it belongs here, but will be used elsewhere” Absolutely fine by me.
- “I included a call to action at the head of the page, this was discussed with @noemi as we need a clearer message to lead the page - the €200 byline was a suggestion in our discussion for the international version, it can be changed” can we change it to:
**We’re working together in order to build a bigger picture of wellbeing in Europe. **
Tell your story and qualify for a €200 price.
“1. Translations of all text (or the basic necessary text) based on Inge’s copy - I imagine Czech is the priority (@Jirka_Kocian)?” I will be adding google translated versions here - and will tag @Jirka_Kocian @MariaEuler @natalia_skoczylas and @anon82932460 to edit the texts. Will do this after posting this comment
- “Copy of project descriptions, logos less important” -
[project logo’s here with short description:
Open Care: Finding and assessing initiatives of community provided health and social care. Check the website
Future Makers. Prototyping the city as a wiki
European Capitals of Culture. Advising candidate cities to the title of European Capitals of Culture, and deploying projects to strengthen their bids. Clients so far: Matera, Italy (winner 2019); Galway, Ireland (winner 2020); and Bucharest, Romania (shortlisted 2021)
Design thinking for policy innovation. New methods to design and evaluate innovation in public policy
@anon82932460 can you help find the logos and send them to @owen?
“Images for the featured stories” here are the featured stories, @anon82932460 can you find relevant images for the stories today perhaps?
“A domain for the website to publish to - we will also need to configure subdomains for each language - cz., rs., de., pl… I can do this once we register the domain.”
Domain name: how should we do this easiest? @noemi @matthias @nadia?
And @owen here are some of my comments re the redesign:
I really like it, I think we should add Joanna’s and Mikolaj’s bios to the landing page as well
Very much agreeing, it would be great to have them!!
Also, I just found out that the most beautiful event we ever hosted imho - OpenVillage Festival - has its website back! We had lost it for a while and now we are able to reference it again!
@Inge and @Owen thanks for considering linking to it or somehow showing it as a good sample of the work of Edgeryders, if that makes sense.
@noemi yes found Inge’s files and put it back up a few months ago, we’ll include it in the projects section.
Can we have their bio texts/photos ready? @inge @Mikomann