Campaign Funnel Page Design and Copy

I’ve been told before to be an oversharer, so bare with me.

After our content curation call, I made dinner, fed the toddler, and just knew I’d fall asleep with him when I’d take him to bed. Well, that didn’t happen (he slept instantly, I didn’t).

Because I had too many thoughts and ideas.

Why? So, we had some miscommunication about the campaign pages. What I usually do, is I make a mockup to avoid this. But I hadn’t in this case. Now I realize, I should’ve.

Low and behold, here’s a mockup of what the page should look like (if possible) and the copy it should have. Let’s be in touch on details @owen when you can tomorrow. 1 2 3

ping as well @nadia @johncoate @natalia_skoczylas @noemi @anon82932460

3 Likes

Love every section of your mockup. Nice funnel-based approach. And thing is that we can measure when people join us from each step.

@inge I appreciate it… but the time to have settled on this design would have been over a month ago, with the copy, translations, images agreed on and finalised… not today.

The version we have has been online for over a month for feedback. And I am working on implementing the changes we all agreed on yesterday to get this done…

but to come out with a new layout, a desktop layout with no mobile design, copy that didn’t exist (or agreed on) until now… and to want this done this week, I think I might have a little mental breakdown! Not to say your ideas aren’t good - but I’m scratching my head understanding the assumptions at work here…

understood @owen - this is on me, for not taking the lead earlier. My apologies.

I Have a few simple requests tho, which should be super simple:

• To keep all the background white
  • To add the copy I have here (especially at the top, this is the same/similar to what I had added last week prior to our call
  • to add an additional about page (as agreed on during our call last week) with the text from About Us to Share your story (with clickeable text or button with WRITE) + projects below that + media mentions.

Would that be feasible?

1 Like

Yes, to 1, 2, and 3 yes except for projects - I need copy for all the projects mentioned and logos etc if I am to get this done in time.

we could also do it in just text format with a clickeable link and no logo?

Hei,

I also love the mockup, great work Inge!!
What is most important and consistent with our decision from last week are 2 things: 1) the featured content (above the usual content) and 2( the story of Edgeryders. If Owen can find a way to include them, in his own design that would be great. I mean, we anyway all agreed these are important.

1 Like

I’ve updated the site to include parts of Inge’s work and adapted it to fit into the current design.

https://wellbeing-europe-staging.netlify.com

You might need to clear cache.

Some notes -

• I removed the tag wheel as I don’t think it belongs here, but will be used elsewhere
  • I included a call to action at the head of the page, this was discussed with @noemi as we need a clearer message to lead the page - the €200 byline was a suggestion in our discussion for the international version, it can be changed
  • webcontent-wellbeing-featured international tag features no English content…?
  • It’s pretty late and I need to rest now, the mobile part will be worked on tomorrow during which I need some help for the below points.

in order of priority…

1. Translations of all text (or the basic necessary text) based on Inge’s copy - I imagine Czech is the priority (@Jirka_Kocian)?
  2. Copy of project descriptions, logos less important - @inge
  3. Images for the featured stories
  4. A domain for the website to publish to - we will also need to configure subdomains for each language - cz., rs., de., pl… I can do this once we register the domain.

What an amazing job, @owen, that must’ve been so much work!

Regarding your notes -

• “I removed the tag wheel as I don’t think it belongs here, but will be used elsewhere” Absolutely fine by me.
  • “I included a call to action at the head of the page, this was discussed with @noemi as we need a clearer message to lead the page - the €200 byline was a suggestion in our discussion for the international version, it can be changed” can we change it to:

**We’re working together in order to build a bigger picture of wellbeing in Europe. **

Tell your story and qualify for a €200 price.

“1. Translations of all text (or the basic necessary text) based on Inge’s copy - I imagine Czech is the priority (@Jirka_Kocian)?” I will be adding google translated versions here - and will tag @Jirka_Kocian @MariaEuler @natalia_skoczylas and @anon82932460 to edit the texts. Will do this after posting this comment

1. “Copy of project descriptions, logos less important” -
    [project logo’s here with short description:
    Open Care: Finding and assessing initiatives of community provided health and social care. Check the website
    Future Makers. Prototyping the city as a wiki
    European Capitals of Culture. Advising candidate cities to the title of European Capitals of Culture, and deploying projects to strengthen their bids. Clients so far: Matera, Italy (winner 2019); Galway, Ireland (winner 2020); and Bucharest, Romania (shortlisted 2021)
    Design thinking for policy innovation. New methods to design and evaluate innovation in public policy

@anon82932460 can you help find the logos and send them to @owen?

1. “Images for the featured stories” here are the featured stories, @anon82932460 can you find relevant images for the stories today perhaps?

2. “A domain for the website to publish to - we will also need to configure subdomains for each language - cz., rs., de., pl… I can do this once we register the domain.”
    Domain name: how should we do this easiest? @noemi @matthias @nadia?

And @owen here are some of my comments re the redesign:

5 Likes

I really like it, I think we should add Joanna’s and Mikolaj’s bios to the landing page as well

3 Likes

Very much agreeing, it would be great to have them!!

Also, I just found out that the most beautiful event we ever hosted imho - OpenVillage Festival - has its website back! We had lost it for a while and now we are able to reference it again!

@Inge and @Owen thanks for considering linking to it or somehow showing it as a good sample of the work of Edgeryders, if that makes sense.

http://festival.edgeryders.eu/

1 Like

@noemi yes found Inge’s files and put it back up a few months ago, we’ll include it in the projects section.

2 Likes

Can we have their bio texts/photos ready? @inge @Mikomann