Coordination Group

Hi @ChrisM
no stupid questions, don’t worry! actually, your questions make me think and it’s great. I haven’t yet put any new doc for fiscal year 24, that’s for sure. as for the deadline, we still have 2 weeks till April, but let me talk to the @reef-finance this Wednesday to define the deadline.
RE “are you the person to ask if something like training seems reasonably priced and within our budget?”, - i don’t think I am the person. Not sure, though. I would understand it’s the facilitation team that decides and these expenses could be possibly envisaged, right? pinging @Lee & @alberto here.

RE “should know by now’ mode, do we need to inform anyone when we put a Reef-related invoice that we’ve paid ourselves in the ‘Invoices’ file”: @alberto , would you know whether this was the process before? I have never done it myself.

1 Like

Hi @ChrisM ,
What i found in our disbursement doc as a process is:
"Starting in August 2022, since The Reef has a bank account: if the invoice is fronted by a member, also add it as an expense in the “Expenses fronted by members” tab. Add the member’s name in the “Fronted by” column of the table.
When The Reef refunds the expense, add the date of refund in the dedicated column.
The “members tabs” tab calculates how much The Reef owes to each member.
The “Teams " tab calculates how much money of its allocated budget each ream has already spent.”

1 Like

If everyone else can do the 30th of March I would prefer to meet on that date! That said, if not everyone can make it on the 30th I can technically make the 27th too :slight_smile:

@ChrisM: for trainings that seem reasonably priced I would follow the process for our other expenses: include them in the provisional budget if you can, and otherwise get consent through the “unexpected expenses” thread.

To retrieve proposals that we have agreed on, the decision log is your best friend. It takes a couple of clicks, but once you are there a simple ctrl + F should make it quick. That being said I’d be all in favour of saving all proposals in Team Reef’s “proposals” folder, but I don’t have enough energy to make a point out of it.

1 Like

@ugne, would you have an excel file where you can insert the information?

Also: is there a specific deadline?

TIA!

Hi @reef-coordination
Yes, @Lee , as mentioned to Chris, it can be provisionally added here under the tab called “Teams”.
After Alberto will move it all to our brand new accounting system.

Deadline: 24th March would be great so we have an estimated budget for our weekend. If not, possible, early April, but will confirm it with team-finance tonight during our call.

1 Like

hi @reef-coordination
Note that we decided today that the FY24 budget provision by team can be decided and communicated by Monday, 3 April.

1 Like

For some reason I can"t edit it (even if only to put some 0!)

1 Like

Hey @reef-coordination, according to the poll results, our next meeting is scheduled for the 30th of March. However, as Lie has pointed out, that would mean a lot of Reef meetings in one week. An alternative would be to find a new date relatively quickly after the plenary of 3/4 (but then Easter gets in the way).
So here is a poll to see if you’re still happy to meet on 30/3 and to check everyone’s availabilities just after 3/4 (make it 8pm):

• Happy to keep the meeting on 30.3
  • Available on 4.4
  • Available on 5.4
  • Available on 6.4
  • Available on 10.4

0 voters

3 Likes

@Sarah and @alberto, what about you?

@reef-coordination, we have a new date for our next meeting: the 5th of April :slight_smile: Is 7-8.30pm ok for everyone?

6 Likes

I’m sadly not available on 05/04 as indicated in the poll, but I can provide you with a written update similar to what Chris did last time :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hello @reef-coordination,

I have prepared a draft agenda for tomorrow, in the usual place (internal link)

I believe the main point is how we can get organised in April and May, so I wrote up a list of things that need to be done. My idea would be to go through it together tomorrow, see which are the most urgent priorities, and how we can distribute the work. The link to the document is in the agenda.

2 Likes

Hi @reef-coordination
Just a quick message to say that if you haven’t yet filled the FY24 team budget, just send me the numbers and i will take care of the rest.
Thanks

2 Likes

Thanks Ugne!
I’ll do mine tomorrow :slight_smile:

hi @reef-coordination
Just a quick note to let you know that unless i missed, it i can’t see the FY24 budget estimations for the following teams:

• IT
  • COMM
  • Logistics
  • Building

Please send me a quick email or even whatapp or signal message with an amount.
Thanks
ugne

1 Like

For building, this needs to be one of the topic of the next meeting I think…?

ok, ignore my post above, we came up with numbers ourselves (+ discussion on signal with team building members : Maria Claudia and Maria). So we are good. Thanks

2 Likes

Hi @reef-coordination !

The next plenary is on 16 May, and there is a lot going on in terms of moving towards buying a site. There is also another presentation to schedule and make happen (more on this in another post). For both these reasons, it would be ideal to have a coordination group meeting before then.

I have created a Framadate poll for next Saturday, with potential slots throughout the day. Hopefully there is a time that will work for everyone. Here’s the link: Sondage - Coordination Group meeting - Framadate

As Team Governance, Team Community and Team Inclusion are “on pause”, they don’t need to be represented.

I will represent Team Facilitation, and can also represent Team Recruitment and Onboarding.

@ugne - hoping you will be available to represent Team Finance and Legal

Can either @manuelpueyo or @alberto represnent Teams IT, Logistics and Communication?

Can @reef-building please nominate someone to represent them.

:slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yes, will be there representing team finance

1 Like