Coordination Group

Hello @reef-coordination,

We have our next meeting scheduled for the 13th of March, which seems a bit far in time, given that we’ve got so many things going on, and also that we have a pressing deadline coming up shortline.

Therefore I would like to propose to have a quick meeting to go over the state-of-play after the next plenary meeting.

Can you please let me know your availabilities by Wednesday COB? No need to worry if you can’t make it. If you can send a team mate that’s also good.

• Monday 27/02 8 pm
  • Tuesday 28/02 8 pm
  • I can’t make it on those days

0 voters

1 Like

There is one more person who can make it on the 28th, but then there is also a Team Finance meeting on the 28th and so I think it would be better to hold the meeting on the 27th. Shall we say 7 pm?

If you can’t make it, can you please send a team mate? I’ll post a draft agenda in the course next week.

Cheers!

4 Likes

See you tonight? I updated the draft agenda in the usual place, it’s mostly the same as always. Key points would be an update from the teams, planning topics for the plenaries (setting deadlines) and clarifying who does what for the Reeflings weekend. If you have any other points these can of course also be added the agenda.

3 Likes

Hi Coordination Group!

I was the 25% of the poll that couldn’t make it this evening, so I won’t be joining. Because both Team Facilitation and Team Conflict Management have been in a bit of a flux recently, I talked to Lie about writing up a report rather than sending replacements. So the report, which I have tried to keep brief and to the point, is attached.

Have a great meeting!

:slight_smile:

Report - Team Facilitation and Team Conflict Management.pdf (20.8 KB)

2 Likes

heyo :slight_smile: luckily I just got an answer from the architects about the survey yesterday evening, so I’ve incorporated their feedback in the survey and have posted a topic on edgeryders to ask people to fill it in. Thanks for your help on this task during the coordination meeting Monday!

4 Likes

Great news! Will let team finance know as we needed some input on this.

@ugne,

I was just scrolling through the decision log, and I realised I forgot to mention the next budget, which is due the beginning of April. Can you please ask somebody in your team to take care of this?

What needs to be done is this:

1. Report on the previous budget: how much money did we actually spend?
  2. Ask all Teams to estimate their expenses, say from April until the end of September?

TIA!

2 Likes

Hi @Lee , indeed, i was thinking this should come shortly. Ok, will add it on the list and follow up.
Thanks for the reminder.

1 Like

We have a meeting scheduled on Monday, but I personally don’t think we need it. We agreed on the list of topics for the next two plenaries, and I’ll follow up on Sunday on each and every one of them.

Shall we cancel this meeting and schedule one after the Reeflings weekend, so that we can discuss our next moves?

Here’s a quick poll:

• Monday 27 March 8 pm
  • Thursday 30 March 8 pm
  • I can’t make it on those dates but I’ll send somebody else

0 voters

Noting that we have the next plenary on 3 April, I think the 27th is the better option, but I prefer to see whether enough people can make it.

3 Likes

Thanks, @Lee .
Agree and vote for 27th March.

Hi all @reef-coordination
Because it seems we won’t have our coordination meeting upcoming Monday, could i kindly ask you to get the following information for me:

• your team’s budget provision from April 2023 to September 2023 (inclusive).

Thanks,
ugne

2 Likes

@ugne - I feel embarrassed asking this, but where is the budget provision document? I can find the one we did until March/April '23, but not a new one :-/

Also, when is the deadline for this? I’m hoping to sort out some training for both Team Conflict Management and Team Facilitation in the near future, but I don’t yet know how much either will cost? On a related note, are you the person to ask if something like training seems reasonably priced and within our budget?

And finally, while I’m in ‘asking stupid questions that I should know by now’ mode, do we need to inform anyone when we put a Reef-related invoice that we’ve paid ourselves in the ‘Invoices’ file?

Thanks!
:slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi @ChrisM
no stupid questions, don’t worry! actually, your questions make me think and it’s great. I haven’t yet put any new doc for fiscal year 24, that’s for sure. as for the deadline, we still have 2 weeks till April, but let me talk to the @reef-finance this Wednesday to define the deadline.
RE “are you the person to ask if something like training seems reasonably priced and within our budget?”, - i don’t think I am the person. Not sure, though. I would understand it’s the facilitation team that decides and these expenses could be possibly envisaged, right? pinging @Lee & @alberto here.

RE “should know by now’ mode, do we need to inform anyone when we put a Reef-related invoice that we’ve paid ourselves in the ‘Invoices’ file”: @alberto , would you know whether this was the process before? I have never done it myself.

1 Like

Hi @ChrisM ,
What i found in our disbursement doc as a process is:
"Starting in August 2022, since The Reef has a bank account: if the invoice is fronted by a member, also add it as an expense in the “Expenses fronted by members” tab. Add the member’s name in the “Fronted by” column of the table.
When The Reef refunds the expense, add the date of refund in the dedicated column.
The “members tabs” tab calculates how much The Reef owes to each member.
The “Teams " tab calculates how much money of its allocated budget each ream has already spent.”

1 Like

If everyone else can do the 30th of March I would prefer to meet on that date! That said, if not everyone can make it on the 30th I can technically make the 27th too :slight_smile:

@ChrisM: for trainings that seem reasonably priced I would follow the process for our other expenses: include them in the provisional budget if you can, and otherwise get consent through the “unexpected expenses” thread.

To retrieve proposals that we have agreed on, the decision log is your best friend. It takes a couple of clicks, but once you are there a simple ctrl + F should make it quick. That being said I’d be all in favour of saving all proposals in Team Reef’s “proposals” folder, but I don’t have enough energy to make a point out of it.

1 Like

@ugne, would you have an excel file where you can insert the information?

Also: is there a specific deadline?

TIA!

Hi @reef-coordination
Yes, @Lee , as mentioned to Chris, it can be provisionally added here under the tab called “Teams”.
After Alberto will move it all to our brand new accounting system.

Deadline: 24th March would be great so we have an estimated budget for our weekend. If not, possible, early April, but will confirm it with team-finance tonight during our call.

1 Like

hi @reef-coordination
Note that we decided today that the FY24 budget provision by team can be decided and communicated by Monday, 3 April.

1 Like

For some reason I can"t edit it (even if only to put some 0!)

1 Like