Edgesense: stewarding online conversations with network analysis

Stewarding a community is all about fostering rich, healthy webs of relationships among community members. Networks are a simple, intuitive way to describe the whole web of relationship in a community at the same time. Is the network dense or sparse? Are some people much more connected than others? Are there “islands” completely disconnected from each other?

We learn how to diagnose the health of a community based on its network representation, using a software called Edgesense. We will be doing a tutorial, so bring your own laptop or tablet. No installation is necessary, but you will need a reasonably up-to-date browser.

Date: 2014-10-26 10:30:00 - 2014-10-26 10:30:00, Europe/Brussels Time.

So what did you have in mind?

Hi Alberto,

Im putting together the program in a booklet for people to carry around (with practical information about the event e.g. schedules, maps etc). I have a few questions to prepare the section about your session…

1. What kind of a session is it (talk, workshop, bit of both)? and how much time do you need (1-3 hrs)?

2. Where do you plan to hold it and what resources do you need (projector, speakers, etc) ? I saw you want participants to bring their laptops.

3. Is it in English? Is it friendly to Italian speakers and if so do you think you can write one paragraph about it in the Italian?

4. Do you have any ideas on what you think is a good way to document what is learned from this session on the Edgeryders platform for everyone who couldn’t make it in person? Is there something we would need to prepare in advance e.g instructions for participants?

5. Do you have a short bio somewhere (1 paragraph) and a photo I can use for the program? And what’s the best way to reach you during the event…twitter/cell phone number?