First in person meeting with two confesseurs - book your spot

Hi @Dave_behave
I see your spot is on 17 December at 12h30 actually. Ours is at 4pm and we could swap, if you want. ok @manuelpueyo ?

1 Like

Ugne, if we could swap it would help me out. (I have a training event suddenly scheduled for the same day.

1 Like

@Dave_behave , it’s done & confesseurs informed.

Image of the Salle commune at Brutopia from outside - Avenue van volxem 381C

2 Likes

Hi @reeflings

For those that have the confesseurs meeting today, please note again, the entrence is from the street side - Avenue van volxem 381C, not rue de Mérode.

Hello @reeflings,

I just wanted to flag to those who did not get a code green from the confesseurs that this should not necessarily be a reason to throw the towel right away. Sometimes, sadly, it is just not possible of course, but in most cases I think it can be made possible.

Depending on your situation there may be two options to be explored:

1. Triodos told us that they are ok to give a mortgage to people who are a bit on the edge, if they are part of a cohousing group, and especially if these people are among the group’s strongholders.

2. The Fonds du Logement offers mortgages to people who can’t get one on the market. Looking at their website it seems like their conditions are more more lenient than those of commercial banks, so there may be an avenue here.

For those who are interested my dad is happy to help you out. Don’t hesitate to ask Ugne or myself for his email address, or if you are going this Saturday, just ask him yourself.

8 Likes

Much more lenient. They lend up to 120% of the value of the home acquired! This is definitely a way to consider for many of us. Apparently about one third of L’Échappée’s households used it. Good job @Lee!

5 Likes

Hi @reeflings ,

For those who have confesseurs appointments tomorrow, Saturday, 17 December, here is the reminder of the time of your slot:

11:30 Bart van Besien
12:00 Nele Rosenstock
12:30 Ugne & Manuel
13:00 Claudia Maria
13:30 Lena Futing
14:00 Chris & Sarah
14:30 Anna Maria Bagnari
15:00 Malaz
15:30 Sophie
16:00 David Fryer
16:30 Céline & Thomas

Address: Avenue van Volxem 385 - in so called “salle commune”, NOT VIA rue de Mérode.

Nice weekend everyone!

6 Likes

Good evening, @reeflings ,
I was also told by the confesseurs Marcel that the public transport tomorrow will be for free, apparently:)

2 Likes

Hi @Ugne and thank you for organizing these meetings. As I’ve decided not to become a member of The Reef, I won’t need to see a confesseur. Sorry for cancelling last minute.

Sorry to hear this, @AnnaMB , bit noted & will inform the confesseurs.

Hello dear @reeflings,

How about we shower @ugne with :heart: :heart: :heart: to thank her for her angelic patience and for bringing this important milestone to an end?

6 Likes

Many thanks @ugne for the smooth organisation of the confesseur meetings!! They were very helpful indeed!

@ugne : :heartpulse: :heartpulse: :heartpulse: :heartpulse: :heartpulse:
Such a crucial part of the process! And now we feel closer to making this beautiful project happen! Feels fantastic!!

Second this ^. Thank you for organizing this, @ugne! Very much appreciated :blue_heart:

1 Like

haha! thanks to all @reeflings who took part in this! It went much smoother than i thought it will :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Yes, yes! This is bringing so much clarity. Team @reef-finance for the win :smiley:

2 Likes

Here is a post with more information about Fonds du Logement.

1 Like

Thanks SO MUCH @ugne !! :green_heart:

Yes thank you so much @ugne! :pray: :heart:

1 Like