Hi! I hope everyone had a well deserved summer packed with fresh air and breathing time, I know I’ve had my share. Here’s a gift to us all, courtesy of @Gabi_Copoeru whom you met at the July workshop. Thank you Gabi and everyone who took the time!
What did you guys think? I liked how it reflects us dipping our feet in the water and practically seeing great things ahead. The question is what kind of tasks can we take on as a fresh network and community-in-the-making? Networks don’t grow over night, and relationships take time to build. While more resourceful opportunities are on hold still, I am excited about the smaller, equally meaningful activities I see going on among members in the Futurespotters network… This is part of how we could organise ourselves as a loosely coordinated network, like @konrad_mihat is saying in the video. It’s about not waiting for a top down imposed scenario, and build as we go. Here’s what you can (still) follow up on or get involved in:
Over this summer:
- @Bogdan_Alto and Noemi supporting equestrian tourism and prototyping outdoor (better yet, mountain top!) screenings
- @TCT and @Ana_Ungurianu joining @Predoiu_Alexandru and Militia Spirituala's training for activists. How was it, is there documentation available somewhere??
- @Alex_Stef, Bogdan, @Ciprian, Noemi joining @mgax's regular hackathon by Poiana Baronilor Locali.
Upcoming in September:
- @Ruxandra, @MANU_BABELE, @Raluca_Iacob_Pop and Ana-Maria_Țoni planning Bucharest's 2021 participatory democracy platform (7th Sept)
- Bogdan, Alex, Noemi joining Noaptea Caselor with @yozness. NGO Hub aka Vi-si-n Hub meets Colivia and other community hotspots in Bucharest (26 September)
- idea-stage project cooking as I write this: a giant outdoor community fridge to explore waste reduction and set a pretext for conversations around the unseen resources we have - physical and human! (Jan-Feb 2016)
- a cryptoparty with Ceata.org and TCT (end of September tba)
Thoughts? What are you personally up to? Anything you would want to get involved in? As far as I know most of these initiatives are open and would gladly benefit from the smallest gift