How to balance the needs of the individual and the collective? Collective Intelligence and more....

Hi all,

I have been asked to introduce myself :slight_smile: and I will add below the short bio that I use for events. I love working for the decentralization/distribution of power, and do research about it. Recently I have gotten more and more involved with the DGOV Foundation and I am researching collective decision making matters.

Hope to get some ā€˜friendsā€™ over here.

Warm regards,
Liliana.

Standard short bio:

Liliana Carrillo is an international public speaker, TEDx speaker, computer science engineer with a masters diploma in artificial intelligence, distributed systems and business, and background in education and social work. Ambassador of several blockchain, post-blockchain and artificial intelligence projects related to tech for social good/impact. Advocating for GDPR-complaint systems by design, agent/user/human centric, and working in the creation of more resilient systems. Passionate about the decentralization of power, and how to better decide collectively, collective decision making. Facilitating self-empowerment as a way to upgrade our collective intelligence. Transforming education/work/business to focus on individual talents, and sum them to collective talents.

Her personal mission is the awareness creation of methodologies and technologies that can enable our collective intelligence, the sense of co-responsibility in our communities, and upgrading our society for more peace.

To build a better future with prosperity for all Liliana has chosen to work/play with/for kids, and work/play with/for high tech.

3 Likes

Hello @lylycarrillo,

Thank you very much for your introduction! We are lucky to have a community with interesting people :).

Also great to have you at the AI workshop! Looking forward to hearing what ideas and discussion you and the other participants develop from there!

Hi @MariaEuler, this community is full of interesting people! I am happy to have landed here thanks for Fil.
Regarding the workshop, what is the program? should I send your a photo as speaker? Fil asked me to speak but I am not sure if that is at the end happening. And I am not clear about what is happening on that day. Are there panels? talks?
Warm regards,
Liliana.

1 Like

Liliana hi, I am sending out the program tomorrow morning

1 Like

Ping @BlackForestBoi. @lylycarrillo, after the Hackathon in Berlin, the group plans a very interesting proposal for a Collective Intelligence and AI Incubator. There is potentially some quite interesting overlap here :).

Hi Nadia, it was a wonderful program! and experience!
I am happy to have found Edgeryders <3

Liliana.

2 Likes

Thanks for tagging us, and connecting us :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Revisiting posts for the 2019 retrospective as well as Star Trek for reasons I have the urge to add this:
giphy
to the title. ā€œHow to balance the needs of the collective and individual?ā€

Spock sacrificing himself in the wrath of Kahn for the good of the many, only for everyone to come together to search for him in the next movie :).

Balance is always important and hardā€¦ here we could add some more references from another scifi pop culture juggernaut, but I prefer star treck and think it offers more interesting perspectives.

@lylycarrillo, do you happen to be a treck head as well and if yes, what is your opinion on the presentation and handling of the borg or other hive-like species/systems in star trek or other scifi? Do you like/know a good example to ponder collective intelligence through? (potentially even to read or binch in the next 2 cold month?)

1 Like