Join a team!

Putting myself down in the blogging team. :sunny:

2 Likes

Fair point. It’s more about a better formulation and analogy, right? As a doer, I consider myself the Prime Minister of All The Stuff I Can Do Today, everyday. That’s not how I communicate it though :wink:

2 Likes

Alberto, I looked into the hackpad option but it seems Dropbox is changing it so we’ll need to get an etherpad installation on our server if we want to use simlutaneous note-taking and editing (which is a great idea). Anyone who can help? Im lookin at you @bilal or @baderdean :)))

1 Like

@nadia let’s do it. We have two options.

1. install a hackpad on your server (yes hackpad has a full-featured
    opensource version)
  2. move to Stekpad.com which is a free hackpad hosting service
    https://stekpad.com/home/

Dear @noemi! I’m happy to be a/the contact person during the event. However, I won’t be able to help with the setup before Thursday as I arrive in Brussels only on Wednesday evenig.

2 Likes

@noemi, sign me up for the CHECK IN team on Day2!

1 Like

@noemi Just wanted to follow up on co-leading the food team. I think it’d be a good idea to clarify the various edges of food and where things are at so I can feel at ease in stewarding.

@nabeel_p As per above, I thought it felt appropriate for us to co-lead - how does that feel for you?

@natalia_skoczylas What’s the best way for you to download the various components and where they’re at to me/us? I’d be happy to do a call tomorrow or you can share a list over email, as you like… :corn:

1 Like

mmm I am nervous about “free” services - how do we know that the materials won’t be lost, who to approach for help if things go wrong etc…so seen from here a self-hosted hackpad is better. Would you be up for installing it? ping @matthias is the man with the keys to the server :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi all

@anique.vered that sounds perfect. I know my way around a kitchen so I
would be happy to help out as best I can. Super excited.

1 Like

Wonderful @nabeel_p. Let’s see what Natalia says about downloading and keep in touch.

1 Like

I hear you @anique.vered, while I only needed one name and OK for the booklet, you two can lead in practice and manage things with @natalia_skoczylas, Alex and co. Including shopping for ingredients and space management. Hope that works.

1 Like

and @nabeel, if you want we can have a skype call, but it’s enough if you send me the lists with quantities on my email and I will make sure we get everything.

Sounds great @natalia_skoczylas. Will send through ingredients and equipment needs via the Chefs thread later today

@natalia_skoczylas and @gehan : I’ve ended up having to prioritise food… Have you finalised harvesting or would it still be worthwhile for me to take a look at the two documents and share some ideas?

After our further discussions, the current proposal is now to have an Etherpad installation on a machine running in the local network. Prevents any latency issues, and at the same time it prevents potentially overloading our server due to Etherpad’s “one request per letter system”. (I really don’t think putting a complex untested installation like Etherpad on our live web server is a good idea, or worth the effort.)

Is there anyone who’d like to install and run Etherpad on their own notebook during the event, then? @baderdean maybe? Content would be simply copy&pasted to Discourse after the sessions. Also notifying @gehan as this is relevant to her team 6A “Harvesting onsite”.

1 Like

@matthias my current laptop is not really suitable as a server, you’ll understand why when you’ll see it :slight_smile: however I think that notes could be taken with any text editor then harvested at the end of session and uploaded in the cloud later on.

Btw, stekpad is not only a SaaS as hackerpad. They maintain hackerpad software and provides easy way to migrate from hackerpad SaaS to self-hosted on-premise hackerpad. It looks promising.

hey @natalia_skoczylas was just checking the Tasks, I can fill in the missing teams. so if we need check in team for the 3rd day ? I am in, also Floor management team day 2 I am available.

@natalia_skoczylas @noemi please direct people who show up and don’t have tasks to the harvesting team. We need more people to help with the documentation!!

Hi everybody! I have just arrived to Brussels :smiley:
I am so excited to meet you all tomorrow (This is the adress right 1190 Région de Bruxelles-Capitale ? @noemi )

Hi @natalia_skoczylas & @noemi, I’m late to the conversation, but I’ll jump into help the harvesting team (it appears full right now, but in case you need more folks). I can also help with cooking on Day 2. And I promised @winnieponcelet that I’d write a blog post after! Looking forward to meeting you all shortly!

1 Like