Our theme this week at Edgeryders will be ‘Caring Communities’.
We want to move beyond the abstract and look at what is going on in the world to shape a functioning Open Care environment. What skills do you need to bring community practices into reality? The posts highlighted below embody a hands on approach to community building both online and in the real world.
When you live with your co-workers by @johncoate
- "Relationships get stronger when you resolve conflict because you carry the knowledge that you can resolve it because you have already done it."
The Slow Revolution: Community Acupuncture & Social Medicine & Community Acupuncture - an ongoing mutation by @steelweaver
- "All too often, the state-established institutions of care remain locked into a post-imperial perspective, treating the body, the patient or the polis as the passive subject of a homogenised, top-down intervention."
Cardiopad: Reaching the Hearts of Rural Communities in Africa by @Maria
- In rural communities in Africa, connecting clinics and patients to cardiac care via the mobile phone system is establishing a lifeline.
A mini city build around care for the elderly by @LotfiAndSelvi
- Their knowledge, their experience is a vital organ for society. So why not build more inclusively?
Young People and Grief in Digital Spaces by @wishcrys
- Have you ever commemorated the death of a loved one in digital spaces? What did you do? How did others respond to you?
More than just a program, Open Village is about understanding and embodying the practices going on in communities around the world and how these translate into effective solutions for caring into the 21st century.
Join Our Community Call
We invite you to our community call on Wednesday at 18:00 CET to discuss this and current topics in the Edgeryders community. Joining couldn’t be easier:
- Leave a comment below or email firstname.lastname@example.org so we know you want to participate
- Join the Google Hangout on June 7th (Wednesday) at 18:00 CET
Have a great week!
Date: 2017-06-07 19:00:00 - 2017-06-07 19:00:00, Europe/Brussels Time.