Join the communications and social media team

Hi, welcome to the team! Edgeryders here are helping out with a variety of smaller, more concrete tasks. If you’ve got copywriting, design, social media communications and social marketing skills, you landed in the right spot!

Here’s our timeline for Sept - October, anything you’d like to take on?

Tasks available to this team

Join the #countonme mailing list to spread daily news

Prepare social media headlines for 1 week

Create and send the weekly newsletter

Craft tweets for twitter press conference

Create press release

Create a template for conference invitation letters 

Build database with relevant media

Graphic Design

Design the Lote4 conference ticket/ badges (URGENT)

Subtitling videos

Translation

…or add a new task if you want to contribute with something else!

Steps to get your Lote4 ticket

1. Pick a task of the ones above and complete it. If you need help don’t hesitate to ask by leaving a comment on the page. Each task is worth a proportion of the ticket value. and you need to complete enough of them to get one and come to Matera.

2. Go to MakerFox.com and register there with the same username as the one you have here on Edgeryders. Now go ahead and order your Lote4 ticket.

3. Wait to receive your ticket! Community members at Edgeryders will check how many tasks you’ve performed and it they add up to the value of a ticket, they’ll make sure to send it to you.

TWEET THIS: I joined the social media team!

Questions? Call one of the team coordinators:

natalia@edgeryders.eu

Welcome to the team!

@Ruxandra, @La_Gaia, @amiridina, I’m happy you joined us, and hopefully seeing you here in this team means you’re considering joining Lote4 in Matera in the fall?

Just to give you an idea, so every day the lovely @Natalia Skoczylas is sending out the 3 headlines for us all to share - tweet format -, and every day you can send in a reply to Natalia about what’s going on in your projects. If your projects are not on Edgeryders yet, it’s even better if you share an update here first by writing a short post, so when people in the network see your news, they have somewhere to get in touch with you.

How does this work for you? Sounds good or got any ideas to improve? It’s quite an experiment we’re running… so suggestions more than welcome!

We monitor link performance via goo.gl, and here’s an example, the number of clicks looks good by the way (so far an average of 50), and the reach is, well, global :slight_smile:

1 Like

Done…

But with these team tasks you can never mark them as done!!! :slight_smile:

Anyone up for sharing the coordination?

Hi guys, this team for building Lote4 is definitely one with the most tasks and community response. @Natalia Skoczylas already offered to take a coordination role, anyone wants to work closely with her?

Ping @Lili and @Zhanna, you have been asking how to start helping build lote4.

@Invisigot? It would be a major asset to have someone speaking Italian!

Here is what coordination would mean and how much time it would take you.

Needless to say, it also gets you a conference ticket!

I’m in

Hi all.

We (me and my Italian speaking) are in :slight_smile:

ciao @invisigot, quando voi iniziare?:slight_smile: hai visto nostro calendario?

In case you need any help, ask me questions, and I will assist you.

Start

Hi all

I will leave for holidays on 15th august

so, i can do something we need in this two days, then i will be back at the 1st september

@natalia I need a little help for orient myself, to know at what point are the various tasks and figure out where I can be useful

thank you!

@invisigot, please get back to me when you are back from holidays, it’s better to have some constant workflow. You can write me then on natalia@edgeryders.eu

See you soon!

If you need help ask me questions

I speak Italian too…

Natalia, Alberto

I will be from 20.08.2014 until 24.08.2014 in Venice and Abano in Italy on a holiday, I will get back to you on Sunday. Do I have some homework to do?

hm

Justine hi! Both Nadia and Alberto are on holiday this week too, with no network access… what homework do you mean? if i can help with anything, let me know.

hi!

I am in the list and willing to spread the daily news. 

What do we do?

Shall I just close this task, or does anyone think we should try and establish a semi-permanent Edgeryders social media team?

Closing

:slight_smile:

Reviving the “count on me” mailing list for the next weeks

Hi all, long time no seeing.

I thought you might be interested in catching up and re-joining a social media team with news about edgeryders. We will be sharing updates about the upcoming Living on the Edge in Brussels, 25-28 Feb. If you’re around Europe these days and are considering to join, or know of people and projects who could enjoy the immersive Lote experiences, this is a chance to let them know. A quick way to do it is if you sign up for the mailing list? If you’ll decide to come, of course that will count for getting the ticket (yes, in keeping with tradition, ER events still not free, still with moneyless payments :))