Let's collect a list of events where we can learn, present what we are doing and invite people to join the Stewardship conversation?

Really good point

That’s a really good point. There is no legal problem or pitfalls, thank goodness, but it is difficult to explain Edgeryders to the people that stand on the outside. Decentralized, emergent dynamics don’t make intuitive sense to the ape brain – and ape brain is all we got. So you are likely to find yourself in a situation of Crowdsorcerers vs. Muggles. “Wait – you mean no one is in charge of the program?” “It’s more like everyone’s in charge.” “But what if people deface your whole program filling it with vile and stupid things?” “Why would they do that? It’s their conference too. Plus, if someone did put in something stupid, people would just ignore it, and the person would perform its stupid act on her own, while everyone else is off doing something interesting.” We’ve all  been there. Every sufficiently advanced community management technique is indistinguishable from magic.

Here is one of my better attempts at explaining Edgeryders. Money quote:

We [are] the skunkworks of the global society, the Foreign Legion of social innovation, the people that have little to lose, and so can afford to go to the ugliest places and take on the scariest work.

I recommend you also consider showing videos. I recommend this playlist for the unMonastery. Personal picks:

2 Likes

Thanks!

Thank you

Thanks for this. It is very useful .  I just found out about an event in October called Idea Festival. Its in Louisville, Kentucky.

http://www.ideafestival.com/just-the-facts

One of the programmers emailed me about showing my short film there in October and I checked out their website (having no prior knowledge of the event) and immediately thought of EdgeRyders and that it might be a place where participants from Idea Festival would benefit and be a benefit to the work we are doing.

Any thoughts? I know its happening September 30-Oct 3rd. I think I will be in Oaxaca Oct 1-5 for a film festival, so I don’t know that I will attend, but thought it might be a good place to share information about Edgeryders.

One more thing

And let us know how it goes!

Plus: can I ask you to add some basic info to your profile? It feels kind of awkward to be speaking to a generic avatar… :wink:

here it is

1 Like

emergent berlin fest

Emergent Berlin Fest

but it’s happening next Saturday and the schedule is already done. I am meeting Scott form the Baumhaus today may be try to squeeze a part for Edgeryders LOTE . It could be useful as it is before the meetup.

can someone from Berlin be able to show up at this event ?

@SamMuirhead @danohu @elf Pavlik

Yes, I’ll be there, though probably not for the whole day.

we are on Emergent Berlin

ok it’s now [official] we have a spot for a short presentation  (10  min ) about Edgeryders and LOTE4 , it would be probably around 7 pm .

we can tell what’s edgeryders , what’s happening now (lote4) , how to get involved and a hint for the meet up and the hackathon .

so who’s from Berlin can make it ? @SamMuirhead @elf Pavlik @Dorotea ?

@danohu will be there around that time , will post the exact time when it’s confirmed

Great stuff, @Hazem! I’ll

Great stuff, @hazem! I’ll make sure I’m there.

I’ll try to be there

I’ve got a few things on that day but I will try to make it too!

last update – 20 :45

ok Berlin people  the final update .

the presentation of edgeryders at emergent  Berlin fest will take place at 20:45 next Saturday.

it’s a short talk (8-10 min ) presentation and the rest of the 15 min is for feedback and questions

the proposed frame work ( it could change that’s only what was sent as a description of the presentation )

What is edgeryders

What’s happening now on the edge ( what’s LOTE4 living on the edge : the stewardship )

How to get involved

Meet up with the UnMonks in Berlin on the 21 August

@danohu I put you as a presenter for the Day - I think it’s ok form the above conversation- I can help preparing the presentation with you ( free tomorrow morning ?)    . anyway if you don’t want to @SamMuirhead  @Dorotea and me will be there .

@elf Pavlik with the new timing I think u can’t make it because of the MKS room ?

Great! I’ll prepare a presentation along those lines, and copying some bits from the videos linked upthread. It sounds like the presentations are outside – given that, it’s probably better to just talk rather than trying to use slides (?).

presentations are indoors

@danohu presentations are indoors , so slides are ok - if needed -

it’s up to you , there would be a projector anyways so everything is possible in the background ( video - slides - the platform - edgesense ) but it has to be short ( 8-10 min)

thanks

wanted to thank you @danohu for the effort you made for the presentation .did a good job even with the not working file for the presentation and with a tired audience from a very long day .

it’s really nice to see how different “nodes” in the edgeryders’ “network” get engaged and be part of it  and how all of us see the BIG network a bit different. It’s amazing to see how it goes on expanding without hierarchy.

anyway the berlin nodes are still active with the tour :slight_smile: will you be around in the 21st for the meetup ?

I’ll be there too

I’ll be at the Emergent Berlin too

see you there !

Brilliant!

Wow, so many Edgeryders at the conference, it’s going to be little LOTE! Thank you so very much for doing this, guys.

danohu

Brilliant,

unfortunately I cannot come to Berlin for the presentation but please be so kind and send me the presentation.

Many greetings

Natalia

Hello Natalia,

you are a bit longer in this Group so please share some Information.

Can give me some good tips.

Justy

What do you need to know?

Hey @Justine2020, what kind of tips are you looking for?

BTW, Edgeryders has a way similar to Twitter to involve people in a conversation. It works like this: @Justine2020 @Alberto. More explanations here.

Buon giorno @Alberto

thank you for your comment. I posted some questions few days ago, because I am new to the project.

But maybe the colleges from Berlin will send me the presentation.

1. Who started to organize the LOTE events? Who were the founders?
  2. What was achieved till now?
  3. What does Stewardship mean?
  4. What is the aim of the LOT4 event?
  5. How many people were at the last LOTE in Matera?
  6. What are the plans for the future?
  7. How people are committed to the project?
  8. Do you get support of any governmental or nongovernmental institutions?