Making Track 1: calling all session proponents

Hello all! This post is a how-to for all the generous folks who proposed Track 1 sessions at lote3. I list you all below. I need some information from you as I try to assemble a rough program; also, there are things you need to know. Remember: we are still accepting submissions for Track 1 sessions. If you want to propose one, you still can.

What I need to know: please write the answers in the appropriate boxes, I am making this a wiki.

1. Did you really propose the session, and did you really mean it for Track 1 – Upskilling for change? Sometimes it is unclear whether people are making a proposal or just playing with ideas. If you did not, after all, intend to propose a session just erase it from this wiki like this: Session Title.
  2. Who will run the session? Just you? You and someone else?
  3. How long is the session?
  4. What is it? A lecture, a workshop, a shouting match? Can you make a rough program for it, so people know what to expect (example)?
  5. Do people need to bring along anything (example: laptops)?
  6. Do you have any special requirements? (Example: Giuseppe's session does not take place in the unMonastery, he plans to lead people around Matera to take pictures).

What you need to know:

1. We'll try to put chairs, a projector and a whiteboard or flip chart in every room. Everything else, you'll have to ask for, and we will do our best to get it.
  2. If your session is longer than 45 mins, you might want to allow for breaks – but you already know that.
  3. Please leave your room in order after you have used it. LOTE3 – The unPilgrimage is a community event running on practically zero budget, so respect the work of the volunteers that make the whole machine run.

And remember: it is not too late to work on your sessions to make them memorable. On the other hand, what we don’t build ourselves does not get built. So, let’s keep working!

Proponent (last to first) Title and link Type hrs
Add yourself (click the edit tab) Add the title of your session you get the idea  
[Costantino]

Fablabs, hackerspaces etc: financially viable spaces for hardware hacking and digital fabrication Twitterstorm code: #fabspace lote3

Workshop 2
[iamronen]

[DESIGN]ating Purpose (designing the online presence) Twitterstorm code: #despurp

Workshop 1.5+2
[Bergamo-Hub]

Convening unMonastery Group identity? Twitterstorm code: #ungroupid lote3

[Alberto] and [Dorotea]

Skilling up for online collaboration Twitterstorm code: #collabs lote3

Talk + workshop 2
[Giuseppe]

Photoshooting. How all edgeryders watching Matera territory? Twitterstorm code: #photoshoot lote3

Shooting photos!  
[Bergamo-Hub]

Building European Network for Social Innovation CANCELLED

[K] UnMonetize? Who is up for a session on applied barter-economics? Moved to Track 3  
[K] and [Justyna Krol]

Crowdfunding: doing by learning/learning by doing Twitterstorm code: #crowdfund lote3

quick prototype&planningCFcampaign  
[Sam Muirhead]

Video Documentation and Upskilling at #LOTE3 Twitterstorm code: video lote3

Shooting + post-

production workshop

1 + 4
[Noemi] Skype much? How do we upskill fast in technology & online tools? Workshop: moved to Track 3 2
[Nadia]

Connecting the dots: Developing better software for collaboration at #LOTE3 Twitterstorm code: #collabsw lote3

[Nadia] and [btincq]

Leveraging creative networked communities for impact Twitterstorm code: #netwimpct lote3

[tentatively moved to Track3]  
[Nadia], [Bridget McKenzie],

[iamronen] and [Luke Devlin]

The Burning Edge Twitterstorm code: #burningedge lote3

[Eimhin] and (?) and folks from GetLocal Building a local food cooperative. Workshop

(Participatory

Session)

[Alberto] and [Nadia]

Hire yourself! Using Edgeryders as a corporate shell for your projects Twitterstorm code: #maledge lote3

Talk and LOTS of discussion

(Nadia will address The Fine Art of Deal Closing)

1 Like

thanks for the overview!

I will be working on my session and proposing a format soon, but i did add a tentative number of hours it will take. Alberto, so will we actually schedule these only after gathering this initial information? 

Possible session:

Building a Local Food Economy:

In this hypothetical session I propose to share some obvious ‘why’ backgound followed by the simple steps taken in building a local food economy by way of the story of what we are doing at www.getlocal.coop .

I would then suggest ways in which the skills of the community might add to that model to make it better, more efficient and adaptable to site and situation, and invite a groupthink on how this model might be adapted for use in other locations and settings (unMonastery being an obvious potential).

1 Like

Sounds good!

[Eimhin], this does sound good. You want to add the session to the wiki? BTW, check out this 12-year old kid who built a hydroponic garden in Matera. This lady is studying urban agriculture, maybe we could involve her. She says she lives in the Sassi, but I don’t have her on my radar.

unknown lady

I can reach her! She’s a friend of a friend of mine (lovely Matera, everyone knows everyone!).

[eimhin] if you need, just send a message!

:slight_smile: Great, that sounds wonderful!

Nice one Rita!

That would be great. And Alberto, I’ll do that.

:slight_smile: Great, that sounds wonderful!

Nice one Rita!

That would be great. And Alberto, I’ll do that.

Thoughts on scheduling

Heya, so this track is getting crowded for 2 days only, especially since many sessions require about 2 hours.

Even after i move my and K’s session in the unConference, and while waiting for a final word from Eimhin and Fabrizio at Bergamo-Hub, there is still not enough room to schedule all on Thursday and Friday. Another thing is that Nadia, since is leading many sessions, would need to be present and facilitating for half a day at least. [Nadia] do you think any of your proposed sessions would go well on Saturday and/or Sunday? link to work-in-progress : https://edgeryders.eu/lote-program-styled

Combining two sessions into one

I would like to combine this session proposal with this one proposed by Alberto. I think it would be good to have that session as early in the program as possible. Maybe even first day…works?

Merge?

Another possibility is to merge two similar sessions, the one by [Noemi] and the one by myself and [Dorotea]. I am happy to drop out of the scheme and let you ladies run the show – I’ll sit in the audience and be very active (but not, hopefully, annoying) :slight_smile:

yes, lets merge :slight_smile:

yes lets merge the both sessions :slight_smile:

upSkilling in online collaboration all-in-one :slight_smile:

lets make it kind of a bar camp maybe ?

actually this time

actually this time I would prefer not to lead any session,

as I would like to focus more on my Hosts Committee part :slight_smile:

another words in the job of a ‘hostess’ :slight_smile:

and on being the Atmosphere Choreographer

( making people feel good )

so maybe Noemi would take over all the upSkilling in online collaboration ? :slight_smile:

we can also take some of the conversations about it to the ongoing unDojo Space, later on after the session for those who will want to continue discussions about it and more .

That leaves Noemi!

Ok, so we’ll kill the session. I’ll join in with [Noemi] in Skype much, and so we’ll save some space.

Better have the Online collab

between you and me, since its about Edgeryders collaboration.

I’ll host my Skype much session during the weekend. That one is essentially an exercise where people in the room share their way of learning to work new tools and technologies in a short time. tricks and tips on time management, attention spam, prioritizing your daily to dos in between work & extra learning time etc.

We;ve got enough space now in Track1, with some dropping their sessions in the weekend, others like Bergamo-Hub not making it to Lote.

unTracks at the unDojo Space

and also I would like to take to the unDojo two big ongoing unTracks

how do we make meaningful projects happen,

collecting recipes and ingredients for the cookbook,

and how do we (take) care better for each other .

session-confused again

Regarding the session on crowdfunding:

• I’m up for it and trying to acquaint myself with CF as much as I can, but didn’t get hold of @justyna_krol since we spoke about this session ages ago. So, again, I would like to be transparent about being in doubt how practical it can be. So may be it will make sense to move it to the Track 3, unless someone with “field” CF experience shows up.

• Also: I see CF session as dependent on video documentation, so I guess it’s better not to take place at the same time with @sammuirhead’s session and somehow connect to it.

• Another thing: I would like a movie-watching before the CF session. Actually, to steal… sorry remix some things from the movie. But, if such activity wouldn’t fit into a busy lote schedule, it’s fine.

yes

I would also be very keen to take part in the Crowdfunding session - I did a whole lot of research and discussion preparing for my campaign, and learned a few things the hard way being involved in other campaigns. And you’re right, a CF session fits well as a follow-on from the first video documentation discussion, but we can (and probably should) discuss CF before we do the longer post-production workshop.

1 Like

Perhaps this template is helpful?

I found a nice template that a friend developed for their Swedish crowd and matchfunding site. It was in Swedish so I made an English language one. Max Valentin is really experienced, we could also maybe loop him into a google hangout during lote3 if he has time? Anyway here is the template:

A template for planning crowdfunding campaigns by Edgeryders

1 Like

this looks great. if the

this looks great. Yeah, Max Valentin is CF enlightened. It seems I’ve see him at the conference in Malmo some time ago. Will be cool if we can googlehang if the internet allows and he has time. If not, mb get a video message insight on CF question specific to our CF. Such as comments on CFcommunities rather than an things/objects/particular services, or/and CF community event rather than something else. And how to go about it. I spoke to quite a few people crowdfunding things and movies, but it’s different.

Do you think it will make sense to make a short video interview with him for ER? I can try to ping him on twitter.

wonderful template!

it’s great to see the emphasis on a crowdfunding campaign as an ongoing, multi-step process, rather than just ‘upload a video and wait for the money to pour in’.

thanks for the translation Nadia!