Munich accommodation & RoboPORT.eu project kick-off on May 9th 2017

Hey EdgeRyders,

I thought I’d check if someone has a little space under the staircase for me to crash in for the nights of 8th and 9th in the Munich area? I’d much prefer to meet & help out members than end up in a big hotel chain.

Background on RoboPORT (but I’d also be happy to listen what you have going on and how I can help):

In very short: It is a gov funded research project with big industrial partners that is looking to foster open source hardware, distributed collaboration, and citizen driven design & development.

Focus is on simple modularity and personalization (lego-style, see e.g. MakeYourOwnRobotics) - almost ideal for prototyping e.g. Open Care related hardware.

Here is our official blurb (and a sneak prev at a placeholder page):

The project RoboPORT will build up an interdisciplinary robotic developer community through a web-based platform, which enables the robotic hardware development by co-creation. In the field of service robotics the platform serves in particular the generation of innovations as well as their effective transfer into prototypes.

It will run over several years and include numerous hands on hackathons and community events.

If you could host me, or know someone who might let me know!

I’ll just mention @SamMuirhead @Matthias @WinniePoncelet @Hazem @Caroline @Patrick_Andrews @Alex_Levene @_Gabi whom I would love to stay/get in touch with a little more either directly or through friends.

1 Like

Pinging

also @Felix , @Susa , @Hazem (ping not working above)

1 Like

Thanks! Overlooked that…

I have a fall-back option from a friend already now, but I would still appreciate if we can “tie the net” togther better. :slight_smile:

Sharing it

… see what happens. I have a blind spot in Southern Germany, unfortunately :frowning:

Don’t push too hard though

Tis not to be forced. :wink:

And it is not like I would not have fall back options - it is not exactly Mars after all. I appreciate it very much though.