Neal Gorenflo - Purpose in life

I keep coming back to the story of Neal Gorenflo (see 'Interview with a Sharer, http://edgeryders.ppa.coe.int/share-your-ryde/mission_case/interview-sharer). I read it over and over.

What catches my attention is this sentence: “I had connected to something bigger than myself.”

I also had a similar experience. Sobs that shake with a terrifying force, seize with such suddenness and fury that it is impossible not to listen, simply impossible. Time stops spinning, it ceases to exist. Caught in this deep moment of truth, everything else disappears. In such a situation, even if the pain is excruciating, the flow of tears is uncontrollable, all becomes clear.

Your vision will become clear only when you can look into your own heart. Who looks outside, dreams, who looks inside awakes.” — Carl Gustav Jung

After that, it is impossible to go back, once this point is crossed. It becomes a path of no return. I walked with no desire to look back. Then I started doing some implausible things (even more than before). But deep down inside, something told me that I was on the right track. But not necessarily having been able to generate sufficient wealth yet.

We apparently have a unique talent and a very unique way of expressing it. There is something that each of us can do better than anyone else in the whole world. For every unique talent and unique expression of that talent, there are also apparently unique needs.

I have yet to achieve this: " When these needs are matched with the creative expression of your talent, that is the spark that creates affluence. Expressing your talents to fulfill needs creates unlimited wealth and abundance." (Deepak Chopra)

This is a law, the Law of Dharma, a sanskrit word that means Purpose in life. The third component of this law is service to humanity. When someone starts asking questions like “How can I help? How can I help all those that I come into contact with?”

Neal Gorenflo is doing exactly that! Service to humanity through sharing.

Another element of the story of Neal Gorenflo flooded me with contentment. He spoke about the art of living. “When it comes to leading my life, it helps for me to think like a craftsperson, artist or designer.  I like the idea that leading your life is a craft.”

I like the fact that after being awakened, life takes on a new meaning, becomes an Art.

If our society encouraged individuals to become who they are, to find their unique talent, and if their needs were met, would this lead to a prosperous society? What is the critical mass to reach this level? How many people do we need to have understood their purpose in life to reach this tipping point?

Every day I ask my son what is the most important thing in life. He is 6 years old. He is a little tired of hearing me repeat that same question, like an old gramophone. But he answers: “Find my unique talent”.

Why do we not teach this in school, even before learning how to read, write and count?

I keep asking myself — quite often actually, and this question haunts me — how can we bring leaders, business and government leaders, to reach their Purpose in life level? How can we show them how to lead from within?

Another question that haunts me is What are my needs? How can I finally fulfill my (unique) needs?

Live happier

I this mission, I wrote about the Law of Dharma, or Purpose in life, and pointed to Neal Gorenflo, who shared a really good story, to bring information about this law to Edgeryders.

A universal Law is a Law. Like the Law of gravity. Everybody knows about Newton’s law of universal gravitation, right? Everybody should also know about this law…

I was surfing on Twitter, and noticed that Edgeryders participant Henri Lefevre posted this article, ‘Live happier by doing what you love: why you should change careers

I read in this article that 65% of Americans are dissatisfied (un-happy) with their current occupation. That is a lot of people!

This weekend, I ran a TweetTronics analysis on my Twitter user name, Lyne_Robichaud. I am very pleased by the results. First of all, key words analysis showed that what I talk about most is Edgeryders. My most important words are (in this order): play, life, love, HAPPY, nice, share, fun, leaders, creative, merci (thank you), kind.

I’ll keep tweeting about being happy and happiness. 65% is really a bad number, the more I think about it. 5% of unhappy people would be more than enough, don’t you think?