New proposal: 3CN (LC-GD-10-2-2020)

Hello team,

this is to coordinate around the call 10-2, led by @amelia & myself. Anyone else interested in being more present in the process welcome to join, for example @hugi who was already involved in the initial stage.

Background: initially, we planned to build the consortium on our own, this was initiated by Amelia (discussion here). We then realized it will take too much effort and being low on capacity we were exploring options to join the forming consortium integrating this idea in their concept.

Through the Linkedin campaign we got to IEECP (contact and the principal investigator Filippos Anagnostopoulos) and scheduled a meeting. In that call I realized they are working on this topic and that they are pretty flexible in accepting suggestions. Also even before knowing us they had the idea for the task ā€œSocial Network Analysis for change agentsā€. The match was made.

As a next step we organized a call between Filippos, Amelia and myself and further discussed our role and contribution. Amelia then drafted a document outlining our workpackage (very similar to PARTENAIRE) + general concept and more information on the methodology.

We also proposed that University of Aalborg becomes a partner and takes over the task of social media analysis (which they wanted to do anyway as part of their initial concept). Anders agrees to join, but has little time to dedicate to the proposal. Filippos would like to meet him - this is in process.

All the working documents have been shared with Amelia and me through ā€œteamsā€ and some documentation is also on our Drive.

Some other confirmed partners a part from IEECP and us include: KEA, C-KIC, Awaris and discussions are ongoing with several other organizations and universities.

Next steps:

• participate in team calls - these are scheduled on a weekly basis, on Tuesdays at 13h30 (CET). Amelia and I will be there.
  • first week of December there will be a proposal workshop, lasting 4-6 hours for fine tuning direction, connections and needs.
  • when it comes to defining the budget and KPIs we will consult with the extended team, namely @alberto @nadia & @matthias for IT.

Keep an eye on this space for further updates :wink:

2 Likes

I would be happy to help, I just need a pointer on where to focus.

Would be great if you could join that proposal writing workshop, the more we are the better I think.

@amelia when it comes to written contributions is there still some area where you could use Hugiā€™s help?

Do we have a date for it yet?

Itā€™s not confirmed yet but should be very soon. Iā€™ll let you know!

1 Like

Hi @marina @amelia and all. This looks really interesting. If thereā€™s anything of value I can contribute as a geographer, Iā€™d be interested in joining your discussions on this. My research background is in sustainable communities, sustainable consumption and production at the local level, and in particular engaging young adults in sustainability. Iā€™m currently working on a project that looks at the ā€˜green shootsā€™ for local sustainability in the context of covid-induced ā€˜lockdownsā€™. (@marina, Iā€™m also a lapsed art historian - that was my first degree, before I became a geographer!)

2 Likes

Just a quick update on this proposal. We are getting there, our WP is drafted and the budget is proposed, now itā€™s about fine tuning and negotiating.

We are now asked to get a couple of letters of support. The template for this is here. Do you have any idea on whom to ask for this? @amelia, @hugi or others? These can be public authorities, agencies, business clients, institutions, partners in other European projects, affiliated institutions, citizen movements, local groups etcā€¦

The LoS signatories are allowed to edit the letter, by making it (even) more nuanced, or by concretely mentioning actions they could undertake (e.g. dissemination to the organisations they are members of), or other type of potential involvement they would wish to have. Their support is not a firm commitment.

This is the e-mail we can use when reaching out:

Dear,

[add some personal intro if you wish]

With the present email I wish to invite you to indicate your support for the Horizon2020 project Culture Change for Climate Neutrality (3CN), submitted under the Call LC-GD-10-2-2020 ā€œBehavioural, social and cultural change for the Green Dealā€. 3CN will be helping authorities access EU funding instruments and engage citizens in policy co-creation by offering and executing a comprehensive transformational participatory process with selected stakeholders. This supports the needs of decision makers with the design and/or implementation of ambitious policies and measures targeting behaviour change.

You will find attached the template for the Letter of Support. Please just replace the highlighted areas, select the check-boxed with your degree of potential involvement, and make any changes that you consider appropriate necessary.

We would really appreciate your support, as it would help us succeed in our funding application. In return, by signing this letter you will be entitled to royalty free access to the transformative programme being developed should you wish in the future to pursue your organisationā€™s participation.

We would need to ask if you could please send us back this Letter of Support signed by the 20th of January as pdf.

They are aiming for quantity, so we should get at least 3-4.

Note: this is in addition to the letters we need to get from cities who will be more closely involved in the project. Discussion on this is here and the final version of the letter to send out is coming soon.

I need some background on how these letters of support usually work. Excuse my naive questions. Is this common? Will institutions and organizations be used to the format?

I could think of a few in my network.*

yes, itā€™s totally a usual thing to do when it comes to these proposals. Itā€™s not engaging in any sense, basically itā€™s to say ā€œthis project is great, we support it, give them fundsā€ :slight_smile:

1 Like

@hugi it seems we are sending the same letter of support also to the cities we want more closely involved. They can indicate the level of involvement in the checkboxes. Filippos says ā€œfor the pre-selection or closer involvement, we might need to ask them a bit on their existing plans, priorities, programmes etc as climateā€

I donā€™t know if this helps, but please let me know if we can get anything from the city of Stockholm. thank you!

I will try tomorrow! Itā€™s tight but will try my best.

I have a few good leads now:

City of Stockholm urban development executives.
A real estate and construction company with a focus on green buildings.
Stockholm University placemaking researchers.
City of Stockholm City Council Member.

All are interested and enthusiastic, in spite of the short deadline, so this might yield some high-level letters in the end.

2 Likes

@marina and @amelia
Two letters have been signed so far, and more might be incoming. One is a heavy-hitter: the City of Stockholm development administration, represented by their sustainability strategist. The other is a real estate developer and construction company.

Where should I upload them?

3 Likes

Thatā€™s great news, thank you! You can put them here and Iā€™ll forward to Filippos.

The first letter uploaded will upload the rest as I get them today. Should be at least one more, perhaps two.

1 Like

@marina and @amelia, now uploaded three more:

• ByggVesta, a real estate developer
  • Stockholm University
  • Blivande
3 Likes

Wow amazing! Thank you!

you rock!!! We will definitely be able to situate research activity in Sweden now if the proposal is funded.

1 Like