Next content curation call happens Tuesday 13/8, 16.30 CET

These weekly calls are where the Edgeryders communication crew coordinates the work of supporting project teams, community managers, fellows and community members to get the word out and engage people in the exciting work everyone is doing.

They happen Tuesdays at 16.30 CET on ZOOM here: Launch Meeting - Zoom

This call will focus on:

• Edgeryders Festival
  • Gathering input on what is happening in the different projects and what content should be promoted in the next weeks: POPREBEL and NGI and OTHERS
  • Building a unified campaign to highlight our Climate work and draw participation in the different activities and platform conversations (Deep Green/EarthOS) needs @ilaria’s input - but she’s on a holiday
  • Making visible what people can get out of participating to the conversations and activities hosted on this platform.

Project Update 1/2:

POPREBEL

Please prepare to describe updates & share urls to platform content you especially like/want pushed out: @alberto @marina @noemi @nadia @natalia_skoczylas @Jan@amelia@matthias @natalia_skoczylas @Jirka_Kocian @Richard

1. UPCOMING ACTIVITIES WE SHOULD KNOW ABOUT

• Weekly community calls:
  • Autumn: Serbian and German Legs Later in summer/autumn - what help needed?

2. Social Media stats and figuring out which platforms to use and how @anon82932460
/
/

Project #2/2:

IOH

Please prepare to describe updates & share urls to platform content you especially like/want pushed out: @alberto @nadia @johncoate @hugi @MariaEuler @amelia @matthias@katjab@RobvanKranenburg @Heshanij @mirkopresser

1. UPCOMING ACTIVITIES/CONTENT WE SHOULD KNOW ABOUT

• Events (invitations to, as well as documentation from)
  • Calls for participation
  • Other

2. Social Media status (@anon82932460)

EARTHOS

Please prepare to describe updates & share urls to platform content you especially like/want pushed out: @alberto @nadia @johncoate @hugi @matthias @ilaria @noemi

1. UPCOMING ACTIVITIES/CONTENT WE SHOULD KNOW ABOUT

• Events (invitations to, as well as documentation from)
  • Calls for participation
  • Other

2. Social Media status (@anon82932460)

1 Like

Thanks, will be there, but can you add the link to the zoom meeting?

Hi everyone, I’m sorry but I’ll be on holidays next week! I’ll be there on the following one :slight_smile:

we’re meeting here: Launch Meeting - Zoom

So the main focus of our call was on the Edgeryders Festival. Very blessed to have @noemi on board to take us through the dynamics of organizing the previous festivals, so there’s some guidelines on what needs to be done, who does it, and when.

Regarding POPREBEL, the organization of the different tracks in the different cities will be on the local connectors that are currently being hired (correct, @noemi?). We agreed that by the beginning of September, we should have the first call to actions ready for POPREBELs part of the festival (ping @natalia_skoczylas).

What needs to be done to make this festival happen:

• Different calls (agenda and local partner); calls with design incentives; each track call for sessions led by that curator; that brings in more people; call out: what are the tracks and how do you get involved (agenda curators, local hosts) - beginning of September we need to start pushing these calls more aggressively
  • We need a text: What does the festival bring in opportunities: We want to set up a festival, you can be involved, let’s figure it out together
  • We need a page to know how people can register, where we announce that there are still spots in the program and that we can use their help
  • How do we people get involved? For IoH, it’s weekly community calls in which we build an organizing team (for POPREBEL this goes through the soon-to-be-hired local connectors in their respective cities). After the community calls, we ask our community members to add a few paragraphs on the platform from the call, so we keep the online conversation going
  • With regard to our fellows: ask them to join community calls - design around their work, serves their work and their goals (and set how much time they can commit)
  • Marketing campaign, mass private message OR take emails and send them email, well curated email with updates from NGI (in my opinion: 1. email to all edgeryders peeps announcing, 2. directly contacting people who have shown interest, either per mail, here or phone - whatever works best for that person)
  • At the events we attend, onboard people to platform to get them excited about Edgeryders festival as well

Current tracks in the making for IoH & EarthOS (as far as I know):

Next steps:

Anything I forgot?

2 Likes

just created this @MariaEuler Community Call 20th of August - Your chance to shape the Edgeryders NGI Festival!
also @anon82932460 if Maria is ok with it, lets start pushing it

2 Likes

hi everyone, i’m here on this call - since we have the NGI call in a little bit to coordinate - I am just here for anyone who’d like to share anything important. So join if you want, but no worries if not, we can have a much larger talk next week again
Join Zoom Meeting