Next phase of Treasure ethnographic research

Hello all, I’ve created a thread for the tulip visualization.

https://edgeryders.eu/t/tulip-visualization/19281?u=pykoe

Empty for the moment but I will add all the material in it soon.

@ivan : How can I have access to the gdrive folders? for the moment I have only access to the different files that have been shared with me.

Many thanks @Ivan for the update and apologies for not being able to attend earlier the Friday meeting sessions. If it would be fine, I am going to attend in the future? I also saw that there are two interviews posted in German from Berlin, I am going to work on them next week, if this is fine with you @Nica?
Happy weekend and best,
Sirin

For the moment I added you as editor to the whole Treasure drive. Let me know if it doesn’t work for some reason.

Absolutely, it would be great to have you in the call.
There are two batches from Berlin and Stuttgart that are going to be uploaded in the next weeks. They are mostly in German, and you would be the one to code them.
As soon as @owen finishes the work on the website, he will upload these interviews.

1 Like

It works perfectly , thanks

Friday 8 December 2023

Deliverable 2.3 submitted

@owen and @bojanbobic work on refining the details of the website:

• give priority to the engagement topics
  • separating discussion topics from news
  • explore the possibility of integrating @pykoe’s JSON on the page (deadline by the end of the month)

relaunching the community journalism open call (@bojanbobic )

engage the ER community to discuss these topics

ping @Nica , @siri

Proposing a brief agenda for today’s call:

• finalising the accompanying document for TXT’s eco-design module: introduction to Graphryder
  • sending the first brief version today, preparing a Treasure customised version including the videos and visuals using Hugi’s introduction: ideally, the output will be a customisable manual for Graphryder (@owen, @pykoe, @Nica)
  • update on the ongoing outreach and engagement campaign (@bojanbobic)
  • the batches of interviews in German from Berlin and Stuttgart are now uploaded on the platform, @siri - timeline for coding
1 Like

I had to make an emergency trip to the dentist as my filling fell out this morning. I will be back by 12 pm my time and could get on the phone quickly then.

Hi everyone,

My sincere apologies. I got confused about the cancellation of the meetings, and I assumed we wouldn’t meet yesterday!
Thanks for all the info @ivan. I already saw the batches for the coding and will discuss the timeframe with @Nica.
Merry Christmas and happy and festive holidays to all of you. Best of energy and luck for 2024!

1 Like

Hi everyone,
Apologies for not being able to participate in the meeting yesterday.
I got sick and spent all day in the bed.

Merry Christmas and all the best for the upcoming holidays!

1 Like

Tuesday 26 December
Meeting @ivan @owen @bojanbobic

We discussed the Open call and finalizing details for TREASURE landing page

Open call

A few things were added and will be changed:

• We increased the total fund for the stories
  • The chosen stories will be illustrated
  • Stories will have 3000 words, and participants will send a 500-word sample first to my e-mail

Landing page

Final updates are/will be made by @owen

• Text about the project was placed in the footer
  • Creators section is deleted
  • About and Who are we sections will be accessible only through the header. Their boxes won’t be visible on the front page
  • Join the discussion will be returned back to the front page
  • Owen is working on integrating @pykoe’s JSON
1 Like

@siri – just bringing our conversation from email onto the platform to have everything in one place.

You estimated about 60 hours for coding the German interviews, and that it would take about 10 weeks. That should be fine assuming @ivan confirms that our final deliverable is moved to April. If that is the case, 10 weeks brings us right to the end of February, so let’s have that as the hard deadline. Does that work for you?

@ivan please confirm that April will be the target date?

I will ask that next week. I don’t expect pushback and it is safe to assume there won’t be any problems.

Nevertheless, the sooner @siri starts with coding, the better.

2 Likes

@all Happy New Year!

2 Likes

Happy New Year everyone!

1 Like

@siri – can you please confirm that the coding timeline for the German transcripts works for you?

@Nica, I confirm the deadline but suggest extending it to one with more into March, as one week has passed during the Christmas break. I will update you also on the progress and speed of my coding. Is this fine with you?

Assuming @Ivan gets the ok for the moved deadline (which sounds like it won’t be a problem), one week into March is all right! Then we can make the deadline March 7th.

Dear all,
I can’t attend the meeting today but will be present in 2 weeks!
Have a great Friday,
Sirin

2 Likes

Today @bojanbobic and I discussed the continuation of the outreach and engagement campaign and how to contribute to dissemination in Treasure.
Bojan will post the detailed notes afterwards.

@pykoe have you managed to prepare a guide to Graphryder as we discussed? It should be ready by next Friday because we need to show it on the Consortium meeting in Lugano a couple of days later and I need some time to include it in my prez.
@Nica - some more car recycling related details in the Graphryder manual for Treasure are welcome. Do you feel the other chapters (from 1-4) are good as they are?
@owen - did you connect with @pykoe on JSON for the Treasure website? Is it possible to have it embedded by Friday (it would be useful to have it ready before the Consortium meeting too).
@inge - let’s connect next week about texts and illustrations

Also, happy New Year all and get well soon those of you who are sick!

4 Likes

@ivan I will go through the chapters again tomorrow to be sure and see if there are any other places for small user-friendly individualizations/tailoring to Treasure.