Notary's update Jet-14

Yes, I think there might be a typing error in one of Alberto’s payments. @alberto

Below the answer from the architects:
Cela nous paraît très compliqué de mettre une condition suspensive pour des résultats d’essais de sol. Nous n’avons jamais fait cela, et cela dépasse nos compétences. En outre cela m’étonnerait que le vendeur accepte cela.

So I guess it’s for the notary to advise us on the best course of action here…

1 Like

hi @reef-finance
We’ve got the proof of the 25k deposit that i am sending to Marcel who will send it to Mr Fontaine, the seller.

saved here

3 Likes

I suppose that ship has sailed? Has a decision been made?
I’m asking because one of the neighbours said that the site is on marsh terrain… If matexi applied for permit, it is buildable, but I wonder if it might require some special technics which could come at an extra cost…
So if it is not done yet, might be something to factor in and enquire?
And if it’s done, well then let’s hope for the best!

1 Like

Good morning Sara,
Here is the exchange with the notary :
Our question :

"Suite à vos commentaires ci-dessous, les architectes sont revenus vers nous avec leur réponse:

“Cela nous paraît très compliqué de mettre une condition suspensive pour des résultats d’essais de sol. Nous n’avons jamais fait cela, et cela dépasse nos compétences. En outre cela m’étonnerait que le vendeur accepte cela.”

Que nous suggéreriez-vous de faire comme prochaines étapes?"

Notary’s answer :

Pour être bien compris.
La notion de terrain à bâtir repose sur deux fondements : statut administratif et propriétés physiques du sol.
Cela n’a toutefois de sens d’en insérer une que lorsqu’on identifie le lieu d’implantation de la construction.
Lorsque la négociation ne permet pas d’obtenir une condition suspensive, il reste utile de postuler du vendeur qu’il accepte que soit réalisée au plus vite un essai de sol car cela peut avoir une incidence sur l’implantation de la construction ou la nature des fondations mises en place voire exceptionnellement, contrarier la constructibité d’un terrain.

Long answer
My understanding is that given that we cannot pinpoint exactly the future location of the buildings on the plot, it is difficult to say “we buy the site on the condition that the building can be built on this exact parcel of the land”. We have obtained from the seller the agreement to test the soil so as to determine whether the current plan is feasible. If it is not, we will have to adjust it accordingly.

Short answer
I think the ship has sailed, but other can contradict me.
However, as you say, there was already a permit issued for this plot, as well as all the other buildings already present next to our plot, so I am confident that the characteristics of the land will suffice for our project as well.

3 Likes

Thanks for this!

It’s definetly buildable, but my worry is that “adjust accordingly” could mean extra costs to include special techniques to deal with the nappe phréatique…
But I guess the conditon suspensive might only apply to the case where the land is just not buildable, not to the case where it doesn’t allow the buyer to do the project within budget (right?).

So maybe there’s no point going further with this, I let you (team finance) decide what is best to do next.

I might also ask the architects about this (unless somebody tells me to just calm down on it… :sweat_smile:), but I’ll sleep on it for now…

2 Likes