POPRebel Tour

Hey @natalia_skoczylas I really like the beginning, the problem section I feel that is really clear. The sentence with all the questions instead (“what about minimal wage? etc”) seems to me weak and more opinion than statement, so I will take it out.

I really love @noemi solution for the call to action, “This summer we are going to…” this is really powerful.

In term of audience, I think you know your audience pretty well!
Is European driven people, young adults, superior education and work experiences in different countries…etc.
This doesn’t mean that your message is not open or you will not get unexpected results, this will happens anyway. That’s why your problem is already very specific, is because you know who are the people that have those problems…anyway this is nerdy presentation blabla, the call is pretty powerful!

2 Likes

Some good questions and ideas all. And great job in using them in the updated text @natalia_skoczylas.

But there are a few things we should address before we should push this out (before I rewrite a bit).

Most important: we need to explain to the reader in the very first sentence what the added value is: what is in it for them. Secondary comes, the what are we doing, why, and last is, who are we (also very important in terms of trust).

Now, noone knows POPREBEL. So, unless you have an explainer in the title (or it’;s so famous people know what it is, it doesn’t need an explanation), don’t use the name.

And this seems to be a bit problematic throughout our space actually - I haven’t been able to fully understand 1. What POPREBEL is, and 2. Why I should engage. So, this is something we’d need to be able to put into one sentence.

Now, I know the Edgeryders community a bit, so I can guess, but for someone who has no idea, we’ll lose them immediately.

Since we have the call tomorrow, I’d like to talk about this a little bit more so I can craft a better messaging based on what we discuss.

Can we put this (including other projects’ explainers) on the agenda for tomorrow @nadia? It doesn’t have to take long, just have everyone say what they usually say when they explain it to others is usually already super helpful.

1 Like

Thanks @matteo_uguzzoni <3

The only problem is that this meeting ideally is not for these young, cosmopolitan people but for those who vote for conservative, racist parties and are of any age :slight_smile: Which is why I am trying to ask simple but important question, to kind of open up the public to key, crucial problems.

It’s tricky to make a call for action for people you know you don’t share ideologies with - but we assumed that the problems and challenges will be shared across the political spectrum.

@inge, I like the suggestion we can replace poprebel with sth else, which is why I was asking above if we should go for a completely different, funny or weird, call for action in the title, just to grab some attention. Until the call let’s think about a change - @nadia is the head of the outreach and I follow her instructions here. She has also described POPrebel for this project and devised the whole process: International - Edgeryders - for the Polish community and meetings I always tweak it a little, and find it quite easy to convince people to tell their stories if I have a chance to talk to them and tell them what it is about. You’re the one who will be hopefully able to translate it into social media language :slight_smile: But I am here to brainstorm and let’s get there together.

3 Likes

just a quick note so I wont forget during the call: @anon82932460, if we want to to target different people with different social statuses and different political leanings, then perhaps it’s best to create several different shadow posts with different tones and visuals, no? Let’s think about this a bit more?

1 Like

I was thinking in the morning that possibly we can at least get some moderate populist voters. I am somehow focused on more radical ones, but thats not everything. Good thinking Inge!

Hi! Best approach is indeed to create different social statuses (technically the more the better) as different people have different trigger points.

1 Like

@Jirka_Kocian @natalia_skoczylas @noemi please have a look at this draft text for the events in Czechia for FB and let me know if this works for you:

You’re not the only one that’s fed up with corrupt politicians and the rich getting richer. Meet others in your neighborhood who struggle with the consequences of our broken political and economic systems: rampant unemployment, a broken healthcare system, and no one to help you.

Join us on Monday, July 15 in Brno to hear what others have been struggling with, and share what you have been going through. Let’s see if, together, we can make a change.

Why are we doing this: Wellbeing in Europe is a community effort where people from different countries meet and share ways to get better health, more work opportunities, more moral support and ways of being well in this life

Who we are: a network of 5000 individuals and organisations working to tackle social, economic, environmental and political problems in over 80 countries.

2 Likes

Maybe direct this post to the Czech Pirates/ connect with them @natalia_skoczylas before going so they can reach out to more people? I think and @teirdes knows some of the people…

Wow, you really went direct - people being fed up is a strong assumption and departing point. It’s much clearer, but bends the narrative slightly to the other side. I don’t mind, I’m just wondering if it changes the kind of people who would show up. Otherwise good. Thanks Inge!

I will defer to Natalia for this, I’m afraid i don’t have the brain capacity now…

yeah, I went with the idea in mind that we are trying to target the more pessimistic segment of society (populistic) - lets see if it works

1 Like

Lets try it and see :slight_smile:

Inge when do you think the events can be created and the draft ready for you to go public with?

I can send you locations for Prague and Brno by this evening, let me know

That would be great!

For Brno : Tři Ocásci | Brno

For Prague still waiting for @Jirka_Kocian :slight_smile:

first event is online @noemi and @natalia_skoczylas but I don’t know the time :slight_smile: Europe is not well.

Also, we should want this translated. Can I ask @Jirka_Kocian? Or?

Sorry, lets make it 6pm - after work :wink:

1 Like

Nejste jediný, kdo má plné zuby zkorumpovaných politiků a bohatých, kteří dále bohatnou. Seznamte se s ostatními ve vašem okolí, kteří bojují s důsledky našich nefunkčních politických a ekonomických systémů: bující nezaměstnaností, kolabujícím systémem zdravotní péče a chybějící pomocí.

Připojte se k nám v pondělí 15. července v Brně, abyste si poslechli, s čím se potýkali ostatní, a podělili se o to, čím jste si prošli vy. Podívejme se na to, jak společnými silami věci změnit.

Proč to děláme: Blahobyt v Evropě je komunitním projektem, v němž se lidé z různých zemí setkávají a sdílejí způsoby, jak získat lepší zdravotní péči, více pracovních příležitostí, více morální podpory a tipy k tomu, aby se ve svém životě cítili dobře.

Kdo jsme: síť 5000 jednotlivců a organizací pracujících na řešení sociálních, hospodářských, environmentálních a politických problémů ve více než 80 zemích.

1 Like

And could you please point me to the “most interesting stories/snapshots” spreadsheet via a direct link 8-)?

@Jirka_Kocian you mean thesocial media spreadsheet?

Also, I added the links to the events in the Call for local connector (CZ),

1 Like

Yes, exactly this one, asked for permission, thank you