Project Team Call

All of us?

I don’t think that I am supposed to go to Tbilisi as I’m “only the tech guy” in this project (… or has this been budgeted for?)

no question about it

Surely you’re most welcome to come, I remember to have considered all the team when budgeting.

[t.b.c.] Official event 25/6-26/6 followed by 2 day Barcamp

Ahead of tomorrows call I would like to try to get the following things done. Who can help with what? Ping @Inge @Vahagn @Hazem @Ahmed M Rabie

1. Prepare the June event volunteer dashboard, event page on edgeryders.eu and event invitation text,
  2. Write a follow up blogpost *with some of this post recycked in it* and email a link to it within the next 24 hours. This time it's not just to the participants in Egypt, but to everyone. 
  3. Prepare twitterstorm instructions based on Ben's post and link to past successes. Engage workshop participants to join in.

can we make it this week at 12 :00

hey guys !! I have a request … is it ok if we start the call this week at 12:00 instead of 1:00 ???

No sorry we always stick to the same time to avoid confusion

We all have too many things to juggle. Having a steady time makes it much easier to plan and remember…

ok … but I might not be able to continue till the end  :(…

the problem I have a lecture at that time and I didn’t attend the last ones … but I have to show up from time to time .

ok if you coordinate another time that works for everyone

you will need to raise the issue in the call when everyone is there so we agree on a new time.

Ahead of our call tomorrow April 30

Hi Guys I want to ask you three things today ahead of the call tomorrow

1. Update the documentation wiki with links to the posts from the sessions and handles of people who were in those sessions. If you see something is missing please add it.

2. Update the social media calendar for the week with the most interesting content

3. Propose a number of burning questions to build session proposals around for the big event in June.*Later we will go in and add tags each post in that wiki with keywords (so its searchable and more easily navigable)

Tomorrow we will finalise the date for the event as well as preparing next weeks twitterstorm.

Ahead of our call May 7th

Hi everyone,

I wanted to draw your attention to the ongoing twitterstorm preparations and the writeups we have so far which could serve as a basis for invitations going out this week to community members and influencers - journalists, organisations, twitter contacts with high traction, both in the Edgeryders and UNDP networks.

1. Save the Date: Futurespotters International event, June 25-28

1. Twitterstorm: why, what and how we are doing it (have included the UNDP logo and twitter accounts)

2. Twitterstorm Press release (can be modified based on your organisation’s needs)

@Khatuna, @Lurglomond, @gazbee sorour, @saidhamideh: all clear on your fronts? Do you need help?

Twitterstorm

Hi everybody, sorry missed the weekly call…

I shared the twitterstorm info on our social networks and will keep doing it before the actual storm. PDF is not particularly good for sharing, so I just cut the essential pieces.

Is there a synopsis of yesterday’s call so that we catch up, I understand Vahagn wasn’t on the call either? And Lurglomond is offline, he’s just married!!! :slight_smile:

Thank you!

Hi Marina, I figured with George was not there, so no problem :slight_smile:

Here is the summary, but essentially building on the twitterstorm communications and briefing ppl manning the twitter accounts. The press release works best if circulated on mailing list and inter-organisationally. The latest we’ve got is:

Very helpful!!

Many thanks @Noemi

Are you on twitter Marina?

:slight_smile: just wondering…

Also, @Vahagn might wanna start re-using your twitter account on this occasion? The social media calendar contains lots of twitter updates for Monday’s online event, in English, Georgian, Arabic, yet nothing in Armenian :frowning: please translate at least a couple of them, or come up with your own that fit the length, to push out from @edgeryders account if your personal account is not so active! thanks, let’s give it a big push before Monday…

Yes i am conecting with new people on twitter now, in order to start re-using my twitter account, and I saw many people started following me recently, connected to the Edgeryders activity, so it makes more sense for me to use that account now. Let’s give it a push before Monday together.

@Noemi I am happy to craft

@noemi I am happy to craft tweets, but I imagine others want to have a hand in this. I need to know what these tweets will say, so that I can add them to the twitterstorm page.

The spreadsheet where we’re preparing tweets…

is here (first 30 rows- work in progress). I’ve been updating the list but missing links to Sam’s video (in preparation) and to some content about the June event. the rest I can  keep updating tomorrow and you can go ahead and sharpen them a bit. Some of them - double check links please? are already ready to be put on the page you set up, THOSE IN ENGLISH ONLY, as the rest are not yet…

1 Like

I am on the way to Berlin but will try to participate too

During the online hangout today I will still be in Moscow airport, waiting for my flight to Berlin. I may be able to take part in the meeting for a short time, like from 1PM CET to 1:30 PM CET maximum. Then I have to check in.

See you all soon!

Oops!

oh dear, did we have the project team call today? because I just realized it, completely forgot about it! What was said? Anything I need to do? Sorry!

no hangout today ?

I can’t find anyone in the hangout , is it cancelled for today ?

doesnt seem like it.

im out of the loop today.