Sociocracy Facilitation Course

Hi @reeflings !

Following on from the discussion in the thread yesterday (regarding where to find resources), this post is to determine who is interested in joining a 6-hour facilitation course. Here’s the link:

The advantages of doing it from the SoFa site are that it’s relatively cheap compared to similar alternatives, and it is tailored to small sociocratic organisations such as ours.

It’s designed for 4-8 people, but I suspect that as was the case with the NVC 6-hour course from the same site, we could easily be more. It’s $220 (not $120 as I put in yesterday’s post), but I wonder if we could put this as a Reef expense, as it seems like a quite significant contribution to the well-functioning of the community (@Lee could this perhaps be put on the @reef-facilitation budget?).

We’d like to do this as soon as possible, so if you are interested, please let us know below…

:slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks Chris, I think this is a very good idea.

As for the budget I propose we take this up at the Coordination Group meeting and later at the plenary (it’s a collective decision).

As for participation I would also like to discuss this at the Coordination Group and see whether we can motivate all Teams to send at least one person.

1 Like

sounds good. i am interested. thank you !

1 Like

I’d be interested as well :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ve been a bit out of touch with this, but I think now is the time to settle on the initial group for this training and make it happen.

So confirmed is myself, @manuelpueyo and @Sophie_Beese
I think @Sarah is also keen
And @ThomasMaertens, @RalfWetzel and @Laurianne from Team Facilitation.

There was talk at the last Team Coordination meeting about one person from each team attending, but perhaps we can do that in a second group in the near future, particularly as some members of the new households might also be interested.

Unless anyone has objections or anything to add, I’ll bring up the budget for this at the next Team Coordination meeting and we can move forward…

5 Likes

So in the end, myself, @Sarah, @manuelpueyo, @Laurianne, @ThomasMaertens, @RalfWetzel and @Celine_D have all started the course and finished the first 2-hour session of the three. The plan is to find a time in January to do the second and third sessions together in person. As it feels like there is a lot going on with regard to different teams trying to find times in January to meet, I’m going to come back to this thread in the new year and suggest some possible times.

For anyone else who is interested in doing this training, we have access to the materials for a few more months, so you can use this thread to set that up, ideally with someone taking the lead. I was quite impressed with the first session, particularly in the way it stimulated us to think about how we might apply it to meetings and activities in the Reef. Even if you already have some experience in facilitation groups, it may be interesting to do some training that is specifically tailored to sociocratic organisations…

4 Likes

@Sophie_Beese would you be willing to launch a second group together?

1 Like

Absolutely!

1 Like

Hello @reeflings, let’s launch a second group for the Sociocracy facilitation training, as tried and approved by the first group :slight_smile:
I don’t know how long we can still access the videos but it’s probably a good idea to get started soon, so answer to this thread by mid-January if you’re interested. The idea would be to get 4-8 people together.

4 Likes

Count me in!

1 Like

I’m in ! Thanks Sophie

1 Like

Hello @reeflings,

I would like to draw your attention to Sophie’s initiative to organise a second group to do the facilitation training.

It is called facilitation training, but it’s actually a general crash course in sociocracy, so even if you don’t feel attracted by the idea of facilitating a meeting, this may still be a nice occasion to pick up some skills and knowledge that will come in handy for the rest of your life, inside and outside The Reef. Next to that it’s also a very nice opportunity to spend some time with your fellow Reeflings and get to know each other better while having fun.

If you’d like to join, can you please confirm say by this Friday 13/01?

3 Likes

I’m interested!

Thank you Sophie

2 Likes

I’m also interested. Thanks Sophie!

2 Likes

im interested! thank you

2 Likes

Interested as well :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Count me in too <3

2 Likes

I’m also interested:)

1 Like

I’m interested!

1 Like

Thanks @Lee, @MariaClaudia, @Matthieu, @lenaftng, @manuelpueyo, @Lara, @JolanWuyts and @Nic for replying - with 9 people, group 2 is now complete :slight_smile:
From experience with another course offered by Sociocracy for all, I think it would be really nice to meet in person. Would everybody be up for that? Seeing that it is in three sessions, we could start out with an evening session and then meet again a bit later during the weekend for the remaining two modules (and share lunch during the break). Would anybody be willing to host this at their place?
Waiting for your reactions before creating a poll to find a first date :slight_smile:

5 Likes