The community call went on for a little over an hour on google hangouts. The agenda of the call was to discuss,
- Introduce project viral academy (Prototyping at Matera, an Edgeryders Project.
- Introduction of "Co-funding platform"
- "Build LOTE4", in terms of expanding on-going discussions on technical and logistical strands of the event due in OCTOBER 2014, in context of skills development and co-funding technical capabilities to facilitate organizing event's like LOTE 4.
Introduction to Viral academy
The session started by introduction of the participants to each other. Followed by brief overview of VA methodology and principals, and upcoming activities, with regards to courses, projects and the launch date of VA website, lastly what possible synergies and opportunities the project VA can be helped with or help to others.
It is a project to reduce the cost of education and viral these skills across borders with ease. Lessons are structured around projects and courses through group based learning’s (formed between students and agile teachers around the world. Website > http://viral.academy/ (the launch of full website will be on 24th May in Matera at a public event in association with projects with UnMonastery). Actionable for K and David> Describe the format and structure of Edgeryders events follow-up learning objects: prototype for #futurespotters
Open-Funding - Co-Funding platform for software development
@sylvain -, joined the community call and shared about on-going activities and future plans of the platform. It is providing high-end skills services by experts via “connectors” to develop products for general online users. engaging communities for skills sharing and minimizing direct cost of resources for production (human, capital and time).
“Sylvains initiatives for “connectors” make links between developers and community of users because developers dont usually want to communicate, let developers focus on development but still get user feedback … everyone gets paid”. Said by Nadia, she adds on during the hangout, that the project “is not a crowdfunding but co-funding” which can be very helpful to finance and develop project’s initiatives of the members representing networks like Edgeryders.
Build LOTE 4
- Hackatons - Focus of prototyping activities: LOTE-4 - prepare together,
- On-going labs that are working on these initiatives that are connected with edgeryders and its networks.
- Edgeryders labs developing new format for lote-4
- Makerfox, a project of edgeryders developing efficient barter systems
- Labs camp, that was recently co-organized (Dorotea)
Tasks and activities can become courses or lessons months in advance which can help move “Track/session setup” towards “long-term collaboration”. Theme: stewardship - lots of unused assets (land, buildings) vs people who are doing great projects. Possible synergies exists between sharing facilitation from Open Initiatives - connectors, digital assets stewardship’s that are being developed at UnMonastery in Matera, and agile teachers (viral academy).
Possible key study areas that can start are
- software development
- content development
- community development - forming templates for community interactivity and work management
These projects can help build activity templates embed to communities like edgeryders and its projects as well as events while integrating initiatives like aftermath futrespotters. The option to connect them all for LOTE-4 that expands and polish skills of the community members to develop easy templates for productive feedback loop pre, during and post event of LOTE -4.
David has accepted to take the responsibility as “actionable item” to develop distributed UnConference application for the LOTE 4 event. To connect remote spaces from different geographical locations to the event, and creates a space for meaningful dialogue and participation among the participants of the Events.
Chat log of the hangout session on the screen