[@arthurd ], @Caroline , [@bcpx], [@Thanasis] and I were there. We did short introductions, discussed the different calls we are preliminarily intererested in, went through our various experiences in dealing with EU funding projects and came to an agreement about how to move forward together. I’ll start with what steps we agreed to take, and then fill in the rest below as I find more time. Maybe the others can help me fill it in later.
We agreed the way to go about doing this is:
- Agree on a bigger purpose and shared vision of things we are excited about achieve together and with others and how we could contribute towards making them happen. The community says
- Formulate a number of things we need to figure out to be able to do so as questions we need to answer: we develop these into hypothesis that we want to prove or disprove through research projects. And write 1 page concept descriptions per hypoithesis.
- Find research instituions that want to pursue them with us and together build research projects that we submit to different Horizon 2020 calls.
By Friday this week please answer the following questions in a comment below!
- Some ambitious objectives or aims that I want to see realised are....
- Somethings that could contribute towards them happening are....
- I would know we had succeeded through....
- Something we would need to build/ make happen in order to get closer to the goal is....
- What would you need to figure out to be able to do so? what questions need to be answered? (that could need research attention directed to)?
- What hypothesis do we have that we would like to test with others?
- What would be required for me to the people we want to engage to be able to get involved? To want to contribute on volunteer basis?
Some inspiration from the community: http://popplet.com/app/#/1530679. For more in depth descriptions: https://edgeryders.eu/blog/sharing-visions-of-edgeryders-the-first-community-survey-responses