Synthesis of Stewardship discussion in Assembl

We have finally imported the stewardship discussion in Assembl.

I have started to work on the table of contents, harvesting and associating the posts to the table of contents. I had in mind to prepare the work, so that I can publish next week the first synthesis.

However, I have already found the following problems ( maybe Laura, @lhgillies, you can support me on this?):

- the previous testing I was doing has not been deleted, and as a harvester, I am not able to delete comments, either table of contents (I can just rename them, but not delete them). Thus I am builiding up on the previous written posts…

- there is no possibility to make search among the uncategorized posts. Thus hard for a harvester to harvest by theme, he needs to go through all the material in order to find which are the interesting topics to be harvested.

- it seems to me that once a message/post is posted somewhere, it can not be switched to somewhere else. So if I create a table of contents, I can extract messages through the harvesting, but I can not drag and drop messages in the table of contents.

- when trying to create a new message, I get an error: “Assembl has encountered a problem and needs to be refreshed. Do not worry, any messages that are in the process of being composed will not be lost. See you in a minute on Assembl! If you are in contact with the technical team, please let them know about the following message: url: /api/v1/discussion/3/posts ajax error message: Internal Server Error”

@Noemi, we should coordinate a little bit, let me know when you are available to talk about a strategy for this synthesis :-).

Ruxandra

Monday morning-noonish?

Hi Rux,

How’s that working out for you? I’ll be on skype anyway… so in the end, whenever works for you throughout the day.

First synthesis of the Assembl import published

I have prepared the first synthesis regarding the Assembl discussion. You can find the link here: http://discussions.bluenove.com/edgeryders#.

For some reason, just after I published it all entries seemed to be doubled all the entries. I tried to delete one of them, but then it deleted everything. This is another bug that we should report to Assembl.

I will create a separate post on Edgeryders with the content of the synthesis.

Next week I will publish the second synthesis regarding the second topic.

If you have any remarks, suggestions on what we can improve, let me know.

Second Assembl synthesis published

Hi all,

the second part of the synthesis of the LOTE4 stewardship discussion has just been published. You can read it at the following link on Assembl (click on synthesis and then on the second post), and here on Edgeryders. Next week, we will publish the last part of the synthesis.

The software tests under the CATALTST projects are almost at their end, thus I will prepare a report with our feedback by Tuesday. All feedback is welcome.

Third Assembl synthesis published

Hi all,

the third part of the synthesis of the LOTE4 stewardship discussion has just been published. You can read it at the following link on Assembl. This is the last synthesis.

The software tests under the CATALTST projects are almost at their end, I have prepared here a report of our testing. Looking forward to receive your comments.