What Value did #futurespotters give to you?
What comes next and how can UNDP help (we cannot make any promises)?
Thank you all for feedback - please feel free to add to this…
After yesterday’s closing session, this is the summary on what value did people find in working with Edgeryders:
1. Contacts - meeting new people who are engaged in similar activity to theirs and can share experience
2. Feedback on the work they are already engaged in
3. High quality of presentations- expertise
4. Turning conversations into mutually supportive follow up plans/commitment to follow up
On how organisations like UNDP could help engaging futurespotters, there were following suggestions put forward:
1. to increase the number of ‘incubator-type’ projects;
2. issuing grants to be made by more representative panels
3. flexible arrangements for accessing funding
4. creating space for face to face interaction
5. There was a very interesting idea on sharing social entrepreneurship models - if anyone can add to this, I would very much appreciate.
1. Social entrepreneurs are not always institutionalized to be eligible for funding;
2.Activities mostly reaching out to capitals,and it is important to reach out to regions;
3. Trust issues to be managed;
4. Process sometimes being more important than results
5. Language issues for the platform users /platform not very user friendly
There were suggestions on the format of sessions to make them more efficient:
1. Have a blank space in the agenda - to allow for flexibility to exchange experience-make new contacts;
2. timing of individual speeches
3. How to record the number of initiatives that were initiated through such events? ( I’ve also contracted quantitophrenia :))
4. parallel sessions didn’t allow to benefit from all of them - they were all interesting (loved this feedback :))
Thanks again for your discussion especially at the very end of the day 3! please add/correct/ elaborate …
Working on contemporary culture development…
…involving volunteers in Caucasus Art Magazine.
How to make a living …while saving the world?
What to do next?
The Hexayurt shelter
The glue that sticks…
…people together from across the world.
South America (Peru)
Nationalism, identity, ethnicity, religion…
…in South Caucasus.
-Being an Edgeryder.
Innovative Approaches to Societal Challenges
Tell me what you do and let me support you to achieve your goals.
… Edgeryders: Confused Newbie
I love the idea of edgeryders and not only the message on the front page makes me feel like having found a new home, but I have to tell you guys, that you are sometimes a little cryptic. Good examples are the messages above…
Good point from Alex
You are absolutely right, Alex, I am confused myself, and I founded the thing! My best guess is they are just using the platform as a sort of scrapbook for the Futurespotters event, and neither of us is there! But then again, as @Vinay Gupta just tweeted “the edge is stormy and messy, and no one has a map”. I guess we’ll just have to live with some confusion.
Citizen and community engagement…
…through smart use of online and mobile technology.
Bootstrappung rural women’s self-help collectives
How to encourage organisations with top/down approach…
… to adopt new models of inclusion and citizen participation.
Show me your story…
…and I’ll hook you up with the right people for you!
Making new ideas succeed without…
Can Edgeryders style of activism “scale” as part of…
…the global sustainable development development goals agenda?
Open tech and…
Building collaborative networks
Converging experiences and perception…
…to make a positive impact on the society.
Changing education and architecture towards real problem-solving