Taxe sur la batisse

Hi all :slight_smile:

So I contacted the commune, and got info about the taxe sur la batisse and the permit fee. I saved it under team finance/estimations (here), not sure if that’s the best place for it…

So from what I understand (please double check):

• the permit fee would be 706,45 euros

• the taxe sur la batisse would be 3,87euros/m2 * 2732 (surface brute totale y c sous-sol) = 10 572

In the architects file, I see they took 65euros/m2 for the taxe sur la batisse, and applied that to 1905 (surface brute totale logement (m2 vendables), with a total of 123 825. So I’m really confused… I will call the commune again to make sure I understood it right.

As regards to exoneration:

So maybe we could actually qualify at least in part, as we are not “à but lucratif…”?

But also in the preambule:

We are not quite fully “un service d’intérêt public”, but I would say we do meet the objective of the commun in some ways…
I will enquire about this as well ( unless somebody thinks otherwise?)

2 Likes

Thans! Bizar,
but what i’ve understood from the architecs, they didn’t really get it either. If i correctly understood they based them on the matexi data (and think applied it proportionally).
Didn’t know about the exoneration (that’s exoneration for the taxe de batisse you mean?).

It’s a bit of mystery, and it’s kind of hard to find adequate information about it.

Here’s a web page where the 65 euro / m² shows up: Arrete Du Gouvernement De La Region De Bruxelles-capitale du 26/09/2013 arrete du gouvernement de la region de bruxelles-capitale relatif aux charges d'urbanisme imposees a l'occasion de la delivrance des permis d'urbanisme

It is indeed quite complicated… And to be honest, I have been thinking that we shouldn’t be doing that, and that the architects should know this or would be the ones that can work it out easiest (which the person at the service comptable of the commune also thought so…)…

From what I can see, the document you link to is from the region. And the commune didn’t know about it, so I called Bruxelles Fiscalité, but the person had no idea what I was talking about. And didn’t know who I could call about it…
I tried Urban.brussels but their number doesn’t seem to work. I’ve sent an email…

My feeling is that we would pay this tax if our “dossier” has to go to the region and not just the commune. So that would mean that this tax comes on top of the communal tax…
And I’m not sure that we can know in advance whether our dossier will have to go to the region, because it’s somebody from the region who makes a decision about this at some point. I think.
But again, I feel that the architects would be the ones to know this…

Also, side note, in the document they say that 65euros/m2, is only for certain zones (something about the fact that the terrain is in a zone where a “changement d’affectation” was decided in 2013), and that it is 50euros/m2 in others . Maybe a question for the architects to know in which category we would fall…

About the taxe de la batisse “communale”, the person made me aware that it is a price /m3 and not m2! So it would be * 4 for the bottom of obelix and * 2.5 for the rest? From the plans I can see the bottom of obelix is 365m2, but I’m not sure if it’s brut or not, we’ll have to check that with them (unless somebody knows that?). Also not sure about the height in the underground.
But so the taxe would be more or less: 365m2 * 4 * 3,87 + (2732-365) * 2,5* 3,87 =28 550 euros. Right? (again, please double check me…)

The person told me they didn’t think we would be eligible for an exoneration, but that we could send them an email (taxes@jette.brussels), presenting our project and they could decide on that. Maybe an action point for @reef-finance ?

I tried to contact S+F office to ask about the regional tax and about the “aménagements d’abord et raccords au régies” , but didn’t get an answer

4 Likes

i’ll add it to the list of questions to ask them. I agree they should know…

If it was 65 euro/m2 for matexi for the same site, i don’t see why it would be different for us…

I don’t get wy you do *4 for Obelix (because there are 4 floors including underground), and 2.5 for Asterix/Obelix (why not 3, because they are not full floors?).
To have m3 , you still need to multiply with some measurement in m. (the 2732 are expressed in m2). So you still need to multiply with the height of each floor, I guess we can take 2.5 m as an average height? so 28550 * 2.5 = 71 375

As we don’t seem to get a straightforward answer, the architects couldn’t give us much info either. I think it would be great to know ‘soonish’ (for when we need to take the decision about 'can we afford extra elevators, extra common space)=> is it an idea to contact sb of team building/team finance of The Spiegel. They tried to negociate it, i suppose they could give us more clarity? Maybe asked who their contact was at the commune? Or even Marc, it was sth that was discovered ‘en cours de route’ I think, he must be aware of it, but i guess we would be better off with the person at the Spiegel who dealt with it?

1 Like

Sorry, I wasn’t very clear. I took 4m heights for the bottom of Obelix (because of the firebrigade entry), and 2,5m for the rest. So the volume is 365m2 * 4m for the bottom of Obelix, and the volume of the rest of the project (which include the other floors of obelix) is (2732-365)*2,5.
Make sense?

Yes I thought about that. But re spieghel I don’t think we have direct contact.
But @Lee might be able to clarify it with Mark and/or get a contact?

Yes, (i was confused a bit), but makes sense

@Sarah , @els, we are running in circles here. We had this discussion a year ago:

Once again, I see a risk of getting lost in details, which slows down the big picture decisions and actions (for example, the common spaces discussion has been in the pipeline since April; the statutes of the SoSim, since October). With respect, I would suggest to move on.

1 Like

Hi Alberto,

We went into that discussion because in the last estimate, the architects mentionned for taxe de la batisse: “attention, changement de règlement en cours”. And it was in the context of discovering that a lot of little extra costs weren’t included in the FS : for instance the “raccordement aux régies”, which Lucia thought can be as much as 5000 euros per unit; and in the process of working out this taxe sur la batisse, we are discovering that there is actually an extra 30000 communal taxe to be paid as well…

I know these are detail costs on their own , but if you add up several of these kind of amounts, you may well end up at 10000 or more, and that is not marginal for some people. It might be even more important to know what we are up for as there are also in parallel some talks for incresing the budget in other areas…

So thanks for helping us zoom out a little (I know at least for myself that I have the tendency to go into too much detail, so grateful to be reminded that sometimes :slight_smile: ).
But also I think I want to finish this job of gathering the extra costs if we are going ahead with discussing a possibility (or not) of a budget increase. Won’t put too much more effort into it as regards the taxe de la batisse though; if I get a straightforward answer from urban then good, otherwise we probably have a good enough estimate.

3 Likes

Hi @Sarah, just wanted to say thank you for taking this up, because the money aspect is a sensitive topic and we cannot be well informed enough before we start talking about possible budget increases.

1 Like