Teaching Teachers Open Source

@MatsK, do you maybe know some other people to invite to this workshop?

1 Like

I will investigate and get back.

2 Likes

I think it looks nice :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Great, we have lots of connections to the tech world, but we also want to invite teachers and academics that are not only focused on tech but also pedagogics for example, but using tech and could enrich their students bz teaching well “open source” :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@hugi Skulle du kunna tänka dig lägga upp ett FB event med Blivande som värd/cohost åt denna workshop? Skulle underlätta då vi kan alla dra i våra respektive nätverk…

@MatsK Amazing that you are onboard here! Why don’t we catch up on a short call to see if we can invite more of our common networks? I could PM you my private number if you like.

1 Like

Yes, just need all the graphics!

2 Likes

I can give you the link to the primary text and @MariaEuler has gfx…

Thanx @hugi alot.

1 Like

@hugi Teaching Teachers Open Source - #79 by erik_lonroth

Done, @erik_lonroth and @nadia

2 Likes

@erik_lonroth and @mattiasx @MatsK ++

Letade efter lite OS relaterat material som ni kanske kunde ha användning av inför workshoppen:

1. Unfailing Massive Collaboration: Open Sourcing Everything

2. Open Source beyond the screen

• This story from Cairo of a community that DIYd four exit ramps from the busiest road in a city with a population of 9.5 Million people because the government wouldn’t.

3. A thread on the history of open source communities
4. Closer to the actual pedagogical work/how to make it spread Check out this story on the Viral Academy Georgia: learning open source software to learn how to work together

5 Likes

@nadia This is amazing material. Thank you so much! I’ll definetly read @patrick_andrews and also the “4” below…

2 Likes

@erik_lonroth have you explored those possibilities Nadia described?

2 Likes

I basically copied with some small edits the invitation Erik made in Swedish and have shared with my Stockholm network.

3 Likes

I’ve done the same, about a week ago.

1 Like

If there is any material to be shared afterwards, I’d be happy. Need conversation with a couple of folks from my community and would be happy to show that I am not alone :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey @felix.wolfsteller!

We would love to get some help with producing documentation. Will you be able to be doing this?

#nospectators

No sorry I will not be attending any event and also cannot produce anything streamlined. I thought if you have some slides to share, I’d be very interested. If you have however some 75%-done slides or posters, I can look at them and give somewhat qualified feedback (if you share it on a nextcloud with Collabora Office I can add comments without interfering with your workflow. I guess OnlineOffice has the same feature).

@felix.wolfsteller

Thanx for your feedback. I don’t have any slides yet as I will prepare the material during the week.

Interesting that you mention Nextcloud + Collabora. I have built a Juju bundle that anyone can deploy and use to get their private/open source cloud running.

More about Juju and the Nextcloud bundle here: https://jaas.ai/u/erik-lonroth/nextcloud-collabora-tls/bundle/15

I think @hugi @mattiasx @alberto might be interested in this. Juju simplifies the process of getting complex systems deployed - such as - Nextcloud. Juju is open source and so are all the other components used within the projects. This is my personal exploration also of removing myself as much as possible from the AD-driven economy discussed here: What Is to Be Done About the Ad-Based Internet economy? - #112 by alberto) Its a great feeling and I also reap huge benefits from the flexibility I have.

Even though all this is a bit off topic, you really highlight the principal boundaries between humans being “subscribers” to someone else’s code - vs - empowered community members. This is something we can cover also during the workshop. Exciting times!

1 Like

I do not really understand. You looked at my github - profile? Or because I offered review?