Team Building: getting started

Some questions for you:

• What do you think about asking team finance to work with us at some point about a costing out of desired or potential common spaces?
  • Not sure why the details about the guest rooms concerns team Inclusion??
  • A precise definition of “the programme”?
  • Any details that I should leave out (I know that I have a tendency for over-detailing)? Any things I’ve missed? You own sentiment about how the team is doing? Pretty much any feedback you have!
1 Like

Thanks a lot @Sarah!

I don’t understand the question. Can you elaborate a bit?

What I think we need from Team Inclusion is a bit more details about special needs (e.g. universal design etc). Not sure this is linked to the guest rooms.

“Le programme” is a list of everything we want in The Reef (number of m² private spaces, number of m² common spaces). It is used by the architects to do feasibility studies, i.e. to see whether we can build The Reef on a certain site.

It looks perfect to me.

My feeling is that everybody is going very well. The only thing I can see that is bothering us is that we don’t have sufficient information on the requirements for “le programme” to be able to start working. The meeting with the architects will hopefully remedy this.

1 Like

My thinking is that after we establish our preferences for common spaces, we should get an estimate of what the cost would be for each of the potential main scenarios. Because it will have an impact on what people can hope for with regard to the cost of their individual units. Perhaps this is what everyone already assumes the process will be, but I just wanted to clarify it…

1 Like

Hi all,
Is the meeting of today 6/09/22 suspended?

@matteomeschiari, we are in the Jitsi room that is in the Nextcloud calendar. We hope it will be a short meeting.

A post was split to a new topic: Common spaces

Hi @Sarah,

Would you be willing to pick up the visit to Schoonschip task?

We parked it a while ago because we were unsure about how to handle the cost of the visit, but that issue should get solved shortly.

It won’t be easy to find a date that suits everybody, so I would recommend to see with Schoonschip about the options, and then check in with the architects and their expert? After that we can see who of The Reef would like to join in?

TIA!

Hi Lie!
Sorry, I haven’t been very well and been a bit out if touch…
But no problem for schoonschip. Will get at it!

1 Like

@matteomeschiari : don’t know if you have been following the common spaces chat, but we’ll meet on Wednesday the 18th at 7.30pm, if that works for you :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi there!
A little message on the front of cohousing visits…
I am waiting for schoonship to come back to me on a potential date.
I was thinking we should also chase up other potential visits:

• Brutopia : the architects agreed to organise a visit
  • Spiegel: they also said they would keep us posted about a visit they’re organising with the mayor of Jette
    Shall we chase them up on that?
    Happy to do it although I’m not already in direct contact with them… @Lee let me know if you would prefer to keep all contact with them with the same person…
    Cheers!
1 Like

Thanks @Sarah for taking this up. I’ll send you the email address of the architects in a private message.

Thanks!
I actually got a reply from schoonship so I’ll make a post now!

1 Like

Hi there @reef-building !

I was wondering if we would have a chance to have a little check in before the coordination meeting on Monday? Otherwise, if we have a point to discuss before hand, do we just do it here?
Thanks!

Hi @Sarah,

Unfortunately I’m afraid I have a lot that requires my attention and so I prefer to prioritise other stuff. For the Coordination Group meeting I don’t think we need a lot of preparation though. What matters is to get together and exchange.

Maybe one info point: I contacted the architects about the individual interviews they mentioned, to talk about our individual units, and they said that now would be a good time to do that. I’ll create a more detailed post in the course of next week.

That being said, shall we maybe organise a meeting with the new Reeflings (they are not yet including in our Teams group tag)? If yes, would you be willing to take care of the Doodle?

On yet another topic: is there any news about the Schoonschip visit? I’ve seen the reply from the architects, but that’s about the last thing I’ve seen. Thanks!

Hi @Lee ,

Noted for the coordination meeting.
The good thing is I will be there anyway, so I can add things directly at the meeting.
For info, the thing I wanted to add is I think we could use formal input from team governance about the process of deciding on the common spaces.

Will get on it

Yes, I sent a response earlier this week… will check that it actually did get sent…

1 Like

Hello @reef-building,

Quick heads up that I updated the agenda (internal link). Not much to prepare, but a lot of background documents you may want to have a look at at some point. The first post in this thread also contains a good overview.

See you tomorrow!

3 Likes

Hi @all, thanks for the message. As I was saying in reply to other posts, I’m traveling in these days and unfortunately not able to attend in presence meetings. I will be back on the 9 of January more stable, sorry. Reading the document at least! Please let me know if I can contribute/ help some how

Hello @reef-building,

I’d like to plan the next meeting, which I propose we keep online. The main agenda point I think would be a discussion of the draft proposal on the common spaces.

Can you please fill in your availabilities in the poll that I created?

2 Likes

Hi there @reef-building

Sadly, I have to tell you I’m gonna have to withdraw from team building… Primarily because there is just too much going on at the moment, and I just cannot deal with being in two teams (I am supposed to be Team Gov leader, and I haven’t had time to put any thought into it lately).
I am really sorry about it, but I also feel that team building is now very well staffed and will be working super well :slight_smile:
Sorry, I should have realised that earlier, and flaged it before we decided on the team set up…
I will see with team governance whether that needs to be consented by the group or not…

Unless you would prefer otherwise, I can keep dealing with the cohousing visits (btw, I took the initiative to contact some extra groups, and we have another potential visit with casa nova in Scharbeek !)
Also happy to help with one or the other task should you need extra help!

3 Likes

Hi Sarah, sad to hear that you’ll be withdrawing for now, but I totally understand your situation! No need to feel sorry, it’s important to flag when things are getting too much for someone, and I’m sure we’ll manage with the fresh new team building composition :slight_smile:

1 Like