Team Building meetings: debrief and preparing the next one

@reef-building I’ve updated the document.

If I got it right, we are starting our meetings at 7pm now right?

Also, regarding the agenda,. I’m not sure what our next steps are for finishing off the fiche factory, but I think it may be a good idea to gather feedback on what is and what isn’t working? But if nobody else has something to share then that can be done on a phone call between Lie and me also…

1 Like

that’s also my understanding. And in the reef-calendar it is set for 19:00

1 Like

I have some remarks, but not a lot.

1 Like

Hello @reef-building,

I am sorry that it took me so long to prepare the agenda. I am completely overwhelmed and I just couldn’t make it happen.

I have prepared a draft agenda to my best ability, but we can of course look at it tonight and see whether you would like to make any changes.

See you tonight at 7!

3 Likes

Hi Team, sorry but Aline and I can not attend this evening finishing too late. Concerning the architects, I think we should let them finish the 2 studies of MOL-26 and JET-14 + send them the sites ready for a PFS. At the moment, I don’t see any urgency for a meeting with them. They will have to visit MOL-26 again and this could be an opportunity to go with them and ask them a series of questions if necessary. Enjoy the meeting !

3 Likes

hi lee,

as i think 'what i have to report on the ‘online searching’ can be done via the forum, and is maybe less urgent than other topics, i posted a message on the online searching thread yesterday evening: Searching for sites online - #72 by els
but if people have specific questions, maybe better to be tackled in the meeting then via the thread…

1 Like

Hi all ,

The minutes are ready, here are the action points. I am just a bit unclear on the next steps for the scouting proposal: is it for lie to finish? or Caro and Seb to pick up from now? Or both?

Action points

• Lie - gather the post-it from the FM meeting
  • Feasibility studies:
    • Sarah - send an email to architects including more info on time needed for feasibility
    • Sarah - communicate to reeflings on time needed for feasibility
    • Lie - liaise with Ugne and Chris about potential “emergency” online plenaries
  • Sarah – deal with action points in “sites to discuss” and re-distribute to point-persons
  • Point persons: liaise and organise
  • Online scouting:
    • Els - tag Caro on Angelika’s post on regie du batiment
    • Els - prepare a report for next meeting
  • Lie and/or Caro+Seb: proposal for scouting
  • Sarah + Sophie - prepare proposal on a new process for PFS
  • Lie - finish table
  • Sophie - Signal group for general quick communication

For the FS “buddy”: just wanted to note that we said one person per site, but we might want to change that to 2, for the 4-eyes principle…

4 Likes

Thanks @Sarah for the sumup !

About @Lee 's task to finish the table : I said I would help her to create a FS’tab, I m on it this weekend.

2 Likes

Hello @reef-building,

I have prepared a first draft of the agenda for the meeting of next Tuesday (20/02). I don’t have a precise overview on where we are with some items, so I made a list that you can then use or not use, as you see fit.

I won’t be there at the meeting, but @els and I are briefly meeting tomorrow to ensure maximum continuity.

Here’s an overview point by point:

Sites to discuss

4 sites are flagged in the table => @sarah could you prepare the question to the round for each of them?

FS: next steps

The objective of this point would be to list in a couple of bullet points what will need to be done when the FS come in, and who will take care of it.

Where to scout

@anon78992831 and @Caro, would you be willing to start a new thread and (at some point) report on where you are with this? I saw a link to the Google Maps experiment, so it thought it would be nice if this could be retrievable on the forum.

Eventually I would like to get to a point where we have an inventory of the zones, neighbourhoods and/or streets that we need to scout, including the zones that haven’t been scouted well.

Scouting strategy #2

Eventually I would like to get to a point where we can present a fully fledged plan to the plenary meeting, including the inventory of what needs to be scouted, and a proposal on how we can get as much scouting as possible with as little frustration as possible.

I’m not sure even getting started on this is in the cards for this meeting, but if you can, I would propose that you see whether it makes sense to create a little helping circle that can prepare something for the next meeting.

PFS process

@Sophie_B and @Sarah, if you would have something to share, can you please add it to the agenda? If not, feel free to scrap the point, but then let’s try to reach consent at the next Team Building meeting at the latest. Would that work?

Le programme: report on the survey

@Sarah there is a link in the agenda, but it doesn’t work. Could you please have a look?

Also: would you be ok to provide a quick report to the meeting?

Online scouting

@els, many thanks for the short report (linked in the agenda)! Up to you to see whether this needs meeting time, or whether the report is enough for now.

In any case: yay for “plan-do-measure”!

Debriefing from the Coordination Group

The full minutes are quite comprehensive (the link is in the agenda), but here are my key take-aways:

• Team Finance: a loooot of things going on, on statutes and on budget

• Team Governance: voting manual is in the making

• Coordinator, Secretary, Team Community and Team Support: regular reports, no real highlights.

• Coordination Group review: there are meeting notes, but I can’t find them. The executive summary is that we will try to improve the scheduling of the meetings (pre-planned dates), and it won’t be exclusive for Team Coordinators any longer (any Team member who can efficiently report back-and-forth is welcome). We also want to try inviting non-reporting Reeflings (just for the sake of transparency and shared ownership), though setting a maximum number of participants of six per meeting.

Fiche Factory

I listed the following points as things that could be discussed, but up to you of course to see how you want to tackle this:

• Complete the list of people taking responsibility

• Planning how to tidy up tabs 2 and 3a

• Create clarity about tab 3b

• Agree on how to copy information from one tab to another

• Discuss what works well and what could be improved

I regret that I can’t be there, but it can’t be helped. Here are a couple of things that I would like to say about this topic:

• I can see that the current state of the file is sub-optimal to say the least, and I’m open to any suggestion to improve this situation. Personally I think that much of the problems would get solved if we could do the following:

• Delete the columns that can be deleted (grey text)

• Agree on a solution for the copy/pasting from data from one tab to another: abondon the automatic copying, so that the tabs 3a, 3b and 4 don’t need all these rows?

• Finalise the little manual that I created (internal link)

• I’d also be open to the idea to give up on the different tabs (although I would advise against it), and to go back to an Excel file with about 100 columns.

• What I would like to achieve is that we get to a table that is easy to read and easy to sort, and that will allow us to quickly identify the sites that we could reconsider. Any way to achieve this is fine with me.

3 Likes

I have updated the usual document (internal link).
We decided at the last meeting that these were going to be taken up by the point personns for each step.
@els and @Sophie_B : can you look at the sites under “screening”, and discuss with the screeners to see what the issue was, and whether it needs to be discussed as a team? And then have somebody prepare a briefing for the team meeting with the discussion points?
(very sorry, I should have done this earlier, as you might not have time to move ahead with this now… Mea culpa)
@anon78992831 : I think Mol-21 was put by you? Do you prefer this to be discussed as a team, or is it for the point person(s) for PFS (Caro)?
Ber-09: does anybody know what is up with this one? What is the question? :sweat_smile:

Done! :white_check_mark:

Also done! And yes.

You do sound like you are open to that! :sweat_smile: :stuck_out_tongue: :wink:
With all the work that has been put into it, and the fact that it puts a lot of structure to the process, personaly I think that’s indeed not the best course of action to let go of the new system. We can make it work.

3 Likes

Hi @reef-building , MOL-21 seems to me to expensive (3,5M), BER-09 may be to small (1517m2) ? Bonne journée !

2 Likes

Ok thanks! So you want us to discuss it tomorrow then? Can you make sure we have data to look at (like maps for instance, or whatever could help the discussion)? Thanks!

1 Like

hi @reef-building
concerning the action point ’ prepare a manual on scouting strategy for next plenary (Caro and Seb)’ (discussed on tonights team building meeting)
=> I might have been a bit unclear about that. I meant prepare the strategy, discuss in team building and then go to the plenary. (not go straight away to the next plenary which is next Tuesday).

so next Team building (04/03): proposal with goal to consent on it and then on the plenary of the 19/03, proposal to all reeflings.

4 Likes

hi @reef-building

Prepared the agenda for our meeting on monday 04/03. : https://c301.nl.tabdigital.eu/f/105256
Please indicate if you cannot make it.

ps discovered that Lie’s role as coordinator/facilitator was till 08/02 and then the goal was to startup the selection process. I personally don’t know what that exactly means (if sb can forward me a link to a document explaining this…) I left this for next meeting (21/03)

4 Likes

Thanks so much @els!

It’s my amazing counting skills at work again :sweat_smile:. When we said this, we said “in three months”, which would have been some time in March, but definitely not the beginning of February. So all good: let’s do a review and selection process at the meeting of 21/03.

1 Like

My fault, I remember I was the one making the report. Figures sometimes get mixed up in my head, should have been 08/03 probably…

1 Like

Hi Team Building ! Cannot make it for the meeting tonight, sorry :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Hi @reef-building
The minutes for tonight’s meeting are available in our usual doc. Below the actions points:

• Define next steps for JET-14 (Caro, Lie)
  • Add the margin question (10 vs 15%) to the list of questions for notary (Lie); send questions to Lie if we have more (TB)
  • FM to decide on continuing the process for JET-14 despite potential costs (Lie)
  • Look at sites currently sent to the architects and prioritise (Sarah)
  • Scouting strategy: proposal for review in a week, finalise for plenary 19/3 (Caro, Seb, Lie)
  • Save questions for the review meeting in the “architects’ communication” doc (Sarah)
  • Post about future meetings with architects (online vs IRL) (Lie)
  • Cancel next scouting day (Els)
  • Post on le programme (Sarah) + inform team R and O (Lie)
  • Post on the PFS proposal (Sophie)
  • Finish fiche factory + manual (Els+ Sarah)
  • Add to backlog: common spaces, review of how things are going (Els)

@els : can you confirm that the minimum price would be 4400euros/m2 with 8 extra units? (not including a sponsoring option as we said that is probably unlikely)

A note that I have added the points that we want to discuss with the architects to our usual document. I have put it in a specific section, and I think we will need to go through the current list of questions ahead of the meeting, to select the ones that are still relevant and urgent.

3 Likes

hi sarah,

• yes adding 8 extra units would come down to 4406 euro/m2

This includes:

• 8 extra unites of 90 m2 in average
  • a proportional increase of ‘dégagements et noyau’
  • (a proportional increase of caves and terraces. This later shouldn’t matter as they are options and are not included in the calculation of the average price/m2)

This doesn’t include

• an increase in the common spaces like kitchen,… (the 10% of the total, here the 122m2)
  • an increase of parkings (which shouldn’t matter neither as it is an option). It is not clear though for me what is in the ‘underground part’. If you look at the excel you would think ‘caves’ and ‘parkings’, but that would mean that one parking spot is 66 m2, which cannot be correct. So there might be something common underground (bike sheds,…) which probably should be increased with the number of units.
5 Likes

Wow, thanks for that action points list and sum of the calculations on the extra !!

Quick remark on the parking spots : thought this os an option for us, legally (RRU obligation) we’re obliged to plan 1parking/housing unit, which can be reasonably negotiated woth the Commune to 0,5/housing unit, but I’m afraid they want accept less.

1 Like