Team Building: scheduling meetings

Hello @reef-building,

I have an action point from the last meeting to come up with a proposal on the meeting schedule.

TL;DR:
Proposal to meet every 15 days on Mondays-Fridays

Detailed proposal:

Being so new I feel a bit uncomfortable about this, but then of course everybody can always object to the proposal and then we’ll amend it.

In a nutshell, I see the following needs related to meetings:

• Having frequent opportunities to discuss things that can’t be solved online

• Making steady progress

• Being ready to present sites at plenary meetings

• Not spending too much time on scheduling meetings

• Gathering at least 60% of the team members

Happy to get your feedback on this.

Looking at all these needs, these are my thoughts:

• I personally wouldn’t focus to much on the plenary meeting schedule, because I think that it is possible to be ready to present sites 1) by assigning clear responsibilities to a couple of people, 2) by discussing last minute issues on Edgeryders or else have a quick phone call with 1-2 people.

• I would like to get organised in a way that having 60% of team members present should be enough to make good progress at a meeting. Ways to make up for absences can include 1) short reports on Edgeryders, 2) assigning back-ups, so one task always has two people knowing what’s going on.

• I personally value predictability of a meeting schedule (so I can plan other things accordingly), and also not having them on the same day every time (because I have other activities)

Equally happy to get your feedback on this.

Bringing all this together, my proposal would be to schedule the meetings every 15 days on Mondays-Fridays (so on a Monday in week 1, on a Tuesday in week 3 etc).

As I said before, this is of course just a proposal that can be objected to and amended as much as needed.

3 Likes

Little remark: make sure they don’t fall on the same dates as the ‘bring in more sociocracy trainings’, (start in the other week, or with another day)

1 Like

Hi TB,
Here are the next dates for our meetings : twice a month for the next 3 months as I understood:

January: wednesday 3rd, tuesday 16th & tuesday 30th
February : wednesday 14th & wednesday 28th
March : thursday 14th & thursday 28th

Seb & I have screened all the new fiches, don’t forget to double check if you have a moment…
A few sites are gorgeous, for sale, and waiting to go further with owners… :star_struck:

Thanks a lot for looking into this @Aline_Jeandenans

I feel annoyed that I need to create some problems, but unfortunately I have activities on Tuesdays and on Wednesdays, so the scheme you are proposing is a bit sub-optimal (probably also for other people with weekly activities).

Could you please consider setting up scheme following the same logic we use for the plenary meetings? This moves forward one day every meeting, so that people who have weekly activities don’t have to miss too many.

It could work like this:

• Week 1: Monday
  • Week 3: Tuesday
  • Week 5: Wednesday
  • Week 7: Thursday
  • Week 9: Friday
  • Week 11: Monday
  • etc

In reality some adjustments will probably be needed because there are plenary meetings etc, but if we could have some variety between the different days that would be really appreciated.

Here are the new propositions for the new dates, I think everybody has activities and will do the best to participate.
For myself, next year, I will work on evenings some mondays, the tuesdays, the thursdays and the fridays! so I won’t otfen join the meetings…

January : thursday 4th, friday 19th
February : monday 5th, tuesday 20th
March : wednesday 6th, thursday 21st

3 Likes

Thanks a million @Aline_Jeandenans. Would you be willing to add these meetings to the Nextcloud calendar?

1 Like

Hey @reef-building, can you work with this meeting schedule from April onwards (timing 7-8.30pm)?

5 April (Friday)
15 April (Monday)
30 April (Tuesday)
15 May (Wednesday)
30 May (Thursday)
14 June (Friday)
24 June (Monday)

Let me know if this collides with any other team meetings! Otherwise I’ll add those dates to Nextcloud shortly :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Hello @reef-building
Just wanted to let you know that I can’t make the next meeting on thursday 21/03. I know that at least Els and Lie also can’t. For the ongoing work, it means that the people responsible for the fiche factory won’t be there at the meeting.
I think I remember we have a rule that we should be 60% of the team present at a meeting? Or did I make that up?
If it is indeed true, should we move this one?

2 Likes

Hey, thanks for bringing that up, @Sarah! I can’t remember a quota (we’re rarely more than four, aren’t we?) but let’s see who would be there or who wants to reschedule:

• Yes, I will be there
  • Move to 18.3
  • Move to 20.3
  • Move to 22.3
  • Move to 25.3
  • Move to 26.3
0 voters
1 Like

Ok so I made that up!

The main thing is the fiche factory problem, but if there are other agenda points to deal with and there are enough people joining, then you should just keep the date and go ahead with it.

2 Likes

@Sebas and @Aline_Jeandenans quick question: will you be at the next TB meeting (21.3) or would you like to reschedule? Thanks for filling in the poll :slight_smile:

Also, if I am not mistaken, the meeting with the architects might happen on the 18th in which case we wouldn’t have a viable replacement date.

1 Like

Hello again @reef-building, let’s keep the meeting on the 21/03 then, it doesn’t seem to make sense to move it around if we can’t get more people together.
@Lee will you be in charge of the agenda and facilitation? I can’t remember what we decided last time (but maybe it wasn’t clear that you were going to be there?)…

2 Likes

Thanks Sophie! I will try to post something on the agenda tomorrow.

@reef-building, second attempt and second poll to find a new date for the next meeting (originally scheduled for tomorrow) with the aim of having fiche factory experts present :slight_smile:

• I can’t make it that week :rabbit:
0 voters
1 Like

@reef-building : shall we fix 27/03 for next Team building meeting? I put a meeting request with opentalk link in the Nextcloud calendar…

1 Like

Thanks @els, I was about to (finally) do that :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi @reef-building ,

In today’s Team Building we focussed on substance, and the suggestion of Lee was warmly accepted to see each other life on another moment, in a more relaxed way to discuss more on organisational and interpersonal issues. (For more details look at the topics in green on the agenda of 27/03)
Could you fill in the poll below, to pick a date for this?

• Sunday 31/03 afternoon (from 12:30)
  • Monday 01/04 afternoon (from 12:00)
  • Friday 05/04 evening (from 18:30)
  • Saturday 06/04 afternoon (from 12:00)
  • Sunday 07/04 afternoon (from 12:30)
  • Friday 12/04 evening (from 18:30)
  • Sunday 14/04 afternoon (from 12:30)
0 voters
3 Likes

I’m sorry but I don’t have a lot of availabilities at all in the next 2 weeks :-/

1 Like

Same for me sorry.

hi @reef-building
A new try with some later data (same purpose as mentioned in the poll above)

• Friday evening 19/04 from 18:30
  • Saturday morning 20/04 from 9:30
  • Saturday afternoon 20/04 from 13:30
  • Saturday evening 20/04 from 17:30
  • Sunday afternoon 21/04 from 12:30
  • Sunday evening 21/04 from 17:30
  • Friday evening 26/04 from 18:30
  • Saturday afternoon 27/04 from 14:00 onwards
  • Saturday evening 27/04 from 18:00 onwards
  • Wednesday morning 1/05 from 9:30
  • Wednesday afternoon 01/05 from 13:30
  • Wednesday evening 01/05 from 17:30