Team External: getting started

i dont understand this disadvantage. one of the issue i see with this database, is that all these files are in word documents or similar, this data is not very “readable” or inter_operable for machines. only humans can read this…

i don’t see what we get in exchange from sharing this with wooncop,

I will write the Dutch introduction by Monday evening, and draft a French one- have it checked by @SophieC if she is available.
If we are fine to share the database with Wooncoop (when agreement), I can answer to their email in Dutch and respond to a possible meet-up and sharing the data. If we meet-up it may be good to have senior reefling there for in-depht-info?

@alberto if I build it from brochure, it will differ a bit from the English website lay-out, that is ok right? On another note. I see Marius is already on the site - between Koen and I we have three kids; Ada (2), Filomena (3) and Augusto (4) :0

3 Likes

Yes Tinne, OK for me !

1 Like

hi, I’d love to join. As discussed with Alberto yesterday, I can take it upon me to establish a date for a neighbourhood info session in September. To do (for me):

Can someone give me contact data for Kim? Who is our SPOC at the architect?

3 Likes

Sarah and myself are the spocs with the architects…
fyi all keyholders can be found in the file: Login – Nextcloud

Hi @joannes, welcome aboard! I have already added you to the team.

A hard rule is to never put people’s personal contact information on the public forum. So, I have to make you go through the long route:

1. log in to The Reef’s Proton account (the credentials are in the “Login credentials” folder in Nextcloud: you can either fish it out through the search bar or use this direct link (login required): Login – Nextcloud.
  2. run a search for “Kim” in the inbox.

As for the architects, both François and Serge are on the forum. The agreement with them is that they will not read the forum itself, but will interact via email, which is possible and seamless in Edgeryders. There is a subcategory Architects only to which people in Team Building have access. To write to them while maintaining a transparent record here, create a new topic in that category and @-mention them (françois_s and serge, with the “@” before the username). For something simple like making an appointment, it’s also OK to just email them, maybe email from the common mailbox.

2 Likes

Actually, here’s maybe a better idea.

1. I think I can create a splash page with the colorful sketch of the architects and links to French, Dutch, English,.
  2. Then it would be a matter of duplicating the topic where we keep the text for our website, twice. In one of the copies we replace the English text with French; in the other, with Dutch.

At this point, we have three identical websites, all run from the forum, so very easy to update. The splash page stays the same.

This means that @Tinne and @SophieC would need to translate these two topics. For French, it is here: The Reef – French. For Dutch, it is here: The Reef - Dutch. I have made them both wikis, so you can edit them. To edit, click on the red pencil icon to the top right at the beginning of the post:

Then replace the English text with the French or Dutch. To see how it’s coming along, you can copypaste these URLs into your browser:

• French: https://start.edgeryders.eu/page/20221
  • Dutch: https://start.edgeryders.eu/page/20222

Of course now they are identical to the English one, but they will change as you translate :slight_smile:

Works?

Works !

1 Like

@manuelpueyo what I remember from our conversation is that you would look into:

• Adding information about The Reef on the site, perhaps by redoing the graffiti? This could also become a nice social, invite the children, we saw how well that worked last Saturday. We would need a graffiti artist though…
  • Curating the production of a flyer in French and Dutch (no English) to inform the neighbours and invite them to the infosession.
  • Curating the distribution of the flyers (door-to-door at least in Chaussée de Jette).

Is this correct?

Can you also get quotes? We already have a good idea of the cost of printing flyers, how about the spray paints? Or whatever material we need to put some kind of visual marker on the site?

2 Likes

Translation in Dutch and French edited. @SophieC please have a look at the French version! Maybe all should check whether their ‘bio’ is still acceptable in both languages?

@Alberto: Note the links to other pages were not edited. I am not convinced it’s necessary but could be done if needed.

6 Likes

Tine ! Great job, thanks a lot.
I did some changes…(it easier to come after). But I will continue tomorrow or wensday.
Maybe @AlinT could check it also - I have some doubt sometimes…

1 Like

Unfortunatly, I’m not in Belgium at that date - but I can help to prepare if someone is ready to go.
Also to adapt/update the brochure (I can think about later it this summer) - if someone wants to join.

1 Like

yes! i had a look at this mission and this is what i see as a cronography of actions. let me know what you think

1. get a quote from artist to deliver a team painting day with grafiti on the wall
  2. write and approve a draft text for flyer in french. TEXT only
  3. Translate approved text to NL
  4. Do graphic layout of flyer
  5. print flyers
  6. Write and approve text for the wall. this is separate than painting action (no1)
  7. Graphic layout of text for the wall. with QR code pointing to event registration
  8. Print poster for the wall.
  9. create digital event registration page
  10. Post the poster on the wall.
  11. distribute flyers
2 Likes

i would estimate costs like
300 for printing
400 euros for graphic design
700 + 200 euros for the street artist to organise a team painting day.= 900

2 Likes

Will do it ASAP :wink:

thanks!
I just printed this, I will look at this text and the brochure as the basis for the text of the flyer for the neighbours. my task 2 as listed here

text for the flyer in french. v1, feel free to make changes directly on the doc or suggest changes

1 Like

I can do it. It’s noted in my agenda.
I will complete their formulaire this WE at least.

Just to be aware: I have no car so I will go by train. Which means the quantity of materials I can bring will not be unlimited ^^ But I guess I will can carry enough stuff however to animate our stand.

1 Like

Just to be sure: @alberto this neighbourhood info session in September is a different event from the one we talked about to do at mid-August/at the end of August on the Jette site? Or should we merge them?