Team External: getting started

I would change some formulations in French sometimes, to be more “natural” in French.
But @alberto, in this case, it will be less “litteral translation” in some case. Is it OK for you?

1 Like

Yes, perfect Alin do it …I did correct only the main one’s.

1 Like

Yes. This one would be the usual one in Brutopia for joining.

1 Like

Thanks for the estimates, @manuelpueyo . But 400 EUR for the design of a flyer seems excessive, no?

Also, for the graffiti wall: 700 for what? 200 for what? I see that at Brico one can of spray paint goes for 16 EUR, and covers about 4 m2. We have, I think, about 20-30 m2 of wall to cover.

@joannes , shall we enter 100 EUR for organizing the infosession? Other than the flyer, we are going to need to rent a venue. Miro costs 50, Ten Weyngaert 80, 100 should be safe.

@reef-external here is a working spreadsheet for the budget. Can you please have a look? Is that realistic? Anything missing? Also for @ugne .

100 sounds right. Thanks. I’m in touch with Kim and the architects re time and venue for info sessions.

3 Likes

Hi there!

I’m so interested in what this team does, I can’t help myself reading everything!
I would like to be a able to contribute where I can. Is that ok? Could I maybe become a member?? Don’t hesitate to tell me to just f** off!

A few thing:

• Brochure - I’m coming in a bit late on this but I just look at it (wow! It’s amazing btw) and I have a few comments.
    There is a word I dont quite understand: nous chouillerons. Is it maybe the verb choyer? Maybe “nous voulons choyer”?
    Also “appréciatrice de la diversité” I think I would say “pronant la diversité” maybe? But that one doesn’t matter too much
    And “l’accession à la propriété à Bruxelles est inaccessible aux ménages les plus modestes.” to “l’accès à la proprété est impossible pour les ménages…”
    “cohousings” I would change to habitat groupé (maybe abbreviating it to HG?) ou cohabitat
    “Pour la même raison, nous sommes ouverts à construire The Reef sur la base d’un bail à long terme du terrain, plutôt que de sa propriété, dans la logique des fiducies foncières communautaires (emphytéose” → hasn’t that ship sailed?
    “Nous souhaitons atteindre une 20aine de foyers et trois ou quatre investisseurs sociaux.” → une 20aine de foyers dont …

Cheers!

1 Like

i don’t think so, also some context to better understand. collin our graphic designer has been designing our flyers for free since day 1 and we haven’t pay him anything yet. it’s fair we pay him something and 400 is peanuts for what he has done so far

also we need to take into account that there are 2 items to graphically design and print. the flyer and the poster with QR code to put on the wall.

1 Like

i calculated 700 for artist time and 200 for materials. i foresee will be something like this but we are waiting for the budget proposals from the artists. i have requested 2 quotes to 2 different artists.

@manuelpueyo
I can not read .mkd file … I did not find a way to convert it. Any suggestion…(I’m Mac user).

Sorry, I’m lost about this event.
So, what I understood :

• One event is the one I will try to organise in mid/end of August for the neighbourhood on the field in Jette (as discussed during the last meeting of Team External).
  • Another event is the infosession @joannes and you discussed to do in September. But I understood that “this one would be the usual one in Brutopia for joining” → but you said “need to rent a venue” : so the idea is to rent Brutopia? And to merge this infosession with the usual event for joining?

And so, we will have to two events quite close together in time for the neighbourhood (the first in August on the field of Jette and the second in Septembre at Brutopia)?

Hello @reef-external :slight_smile:

We need a name for our stand at Salon de l’habitat groupé in Ciney (the formulaire ask us to give them a name)

I see four options we could have.
Could you vote until this Monday 01/07 6PM and share your thougts?

• The Reef - Cohousing in Brussels
  • The Reef - Cohousing in Jette
  • The Reef - Un habitat groupé à Bruxelles
  • The Reef - Un habitat groupé à Jette
0 voters

There is a misunderstanding here. These two events are the same event.

And I imagine it will take place in September, because people (including many neighbors) will be on holiday in August. @joannes is making the first move: set a date with Kim, and have her recommend a venue. Then the ball moves to the rest of the team: book the venue, have the flyers printed, distribute it in the neighborhood, contact the local associations and ask them to communicate the presentation to their mailing lists etc.

The “usual Brutopia presentation” refers to the section of the website “Join us”:

Also:

I am not comfortable with this way of working. We should neither ask for free labour (unless it’s a close friend who wants to do it, and has offered) nor give compensatory gifts for the free labour we have been given in the past. Manuel, please ask Colin to incluse his own worktime in the dévis. If it is reasonable, we will gladly pay it.

Are you sure about the poster? All it takes is an uncooperative neighbour, and it will get taken down. If we want a QR code, we should find a more robust solution: small stickers, for example. Or a laser-cut negative that we can spray-paint on our wall.

And if we do the poster, we no longer need the graffiti. Which, come to think of it, might be a bit risky before we have had our infosession. What does everyone think? @AlinT ? @manuelpueyo ? @SophieC ? @joannes ?Are we being too arrogant marking “our” territory in “their” neighborhood?

(I liked the graffiti because it could become a fun day at the site with the children etc. But happy to abandon it if it is not helpful.)

1 Like

A Ciney, it should definitely be in french …

1 Like

I do agree that we should wait the info-session and meet different associations/poeple in the neighborhood before marking “our territory”.
I also think that one event in September is better than mid-august !

2 Likes

I got an answer from Farmprod the grafiti artist with a question that I also expected… how do we see the participation on what gets painted in the wall. this has obvious budget implications. i dont have an answer and i dont think we should spend too much time on this. but who decides about the artwork_?

i share office with collin. the initial deal is that he was going to get paid but he never invoiced us. and i reminded him to do so!

ok i will ask him how much he can charge for the brochure to the neighbours

my personal opinion. i think the graffiti is risky and complicated business. we are painting something before we even listened and understood the ecosystem. complicated in the selection of what we paint if we follow sociocratic rules of decission making . happy to hear what others think

1 Like

i am not sure what form it will take but i trust the graphic designer. he is an expert in printing and signalization and he will suggest some options

Hi, this is about the info sessions for the neighbours, in the presence of the architects and some Reeflings:

I was in touch with Kim (neighbour), François (architect) and Maud (Labolobo) through our shared protonmail.

• Best day to do such an event is Saturday, says Kim
  • Kim suggested to use Labolobo
  • François is available on Saturday 7 or 21 September
  • Labolobo is available those days, for the time being
  • The cost of Labolobo would be 150 (€50/h + €50 cleaning cost)

Questions:

• which date would be best. Who is available? (I’m not on 21 Sep, BTW)
  • is €150 OK (we estimated €100)
  • others questions?

@joannes
I was about to suggest you to check C.B.O (different associations) - it’s on the same street - Ch de Jette 407… 3 min walks from our site. Maybe a good option if we want to attract direct neighborhood…
But maybe also wise to follow Kim’s suggestions…