Team Finance 2nd meeting coming up!

Hello @reef-finance, tomorrow we have our second meeting. Since the first one, we made progress in three areas, the organization of the confesseur process; the drafting of a convention regulating contributions of members to the ASBL’s fond de roulement; and we organized a meeting with Cohousing Projects. So, I propose we do not discuss the other tasks we assigned at the previous meeting. I have amended the agenda proposed by @Celine_D here. The Zoom link is on the calendar. See you tomorrow!

The minutes for the meeting are here, thank you @Celine_D and @GiuSeb. @Mas please read carefully, we are counting on you to choose the date of the next meeting and create the calendar event. Don’t forget to invite us!

2 Likes

Hello Team Finance,

I know you are fully independent at how you get organised and all that, but can I nevertheless make a suggestion?
Would you be willing to put all your minutes into one document? This makes it easier to catch up on several meetings in one go (Nextcloud can be a bit slow to navigate) and also to use the search function when you need to look for something.

1 Like

Dear @reef-finance

Before the meeting:

Also, I would like to share some thoughts. Based on the document on “estimations and scenarios” of The Reef, I pulled together the numbers for the potential costs of a Reef apartment. I basically did this for myself and my own clarity but I thought I could share this with you.
Cost and Budget - Reef.pdf (86.8 KB)

I then used two “morgage modelling tools” to compare what would be possible from a point of view of loans.

This could be an idea for a ‘kindof’ confesseur process.

If anyone if willing to look at my numbers in the Cost and Budget document, this would be great. I’d be happy to share at the next meeting.

Giulia

2 Likes

Thanks a lot for that @GiuSeb, much appreciated!

I’m not quite sure about the numbers in your “Cost and budget” file, but it’s an interesting exercise nevertheless, especially the column on the right hand side. Did you see Alberto’s post on the architects’ estimations?

The Immotheker website is a useful tool indeed. The question mark for me here is the notary costs. As far as I understand they are included in the architects’ estimation but not in the Immotheker estimation of the value of the thing you can buy. As soon as the thinking on the confesseur is a bit more advanced I’d be happy to volunteer to go for a visit to the Immotheker and see whether they can play around with the variables so that it becomes more useful for us.

Also, @alberto: maybe it could be useful to import slide no 16 from the Ppt from the plenary meeting on 8 December 2021? It has some useful reference numbers in terms of prices. Key ones to be mentioned here:

• Lower end: the cheapest I found (new building in Kuregem) was 2700 euro per m²,
  • Our “peers”: in Coarchi the price used to be 3800-4600 (not sure that’s still true)
  • High end: the new apartments in front of my own apartment are sold for 6000 euro / m².

Dear Lee,

Thank you for replying so quickly. I had not seen the post. I don’t think I was with the group in April, so I must have missed it. It is actually consistent with my numbers - overall, although I may have over-estimated a little as I may have mis-understood the VAT calculation.

In fact I think the ing link is a better representation on the amount one can actually borrow and how much you would need to pay per year.

I hope you are keeping well!

Giulia

1 Like

Giulia: great work!

Just today, I received a response from Mark, which I copy below. I think he did not really answer either of my questions, so I will follow up. I will also read your doc, probably tomorrow.

A Brutopia on avait deux confesseurs : le papa de Serge (l’architecte) qui avait eu une longue carrière dans une banque et une autre personne. Le papa de Serge était utile puisqu’il pouvait aider les membres à avoir une vue correcte sur leur capacité financière. Nous avons fait cette exercice en 2010 et entre-temps il y a d’autres moyens de vérifier les capacités financières des membres.

Le confesseur :

Le but est que chaque membre puisse vérifier et prouver qu’il est capable de payer sa part du projet.
Ceci est important pour deux raisons :

1. chacun vérifie si ses finances sont suffisantes pour sa part dans le projet. Si ce n’est pas le cas, le candidat pourrait par exemple diminuer la surface de son unité .
  2. le groupe a la certitude que chacun des membres a la capacité de payer sa part.

On a donc besoin

1. de connaitre la somme à payer par chacun
  2. et une méthode pour vérifier la capacité financière.
  1. La part du projet que chacun devrait payer est aujourd’hui une somme théorique basée
  • sur le programme individuel : ex. 90m2 avec 2 chambres (casco et finitions)
  • sur la part dans le programme commun qui sera en proportion de sa surface individuelle.
    À ce résultat on ajoute 10% de marge de sécurité = montant X.
  1. Pour la vérification de la capacité d’emprunt et des fonds propres on pourrait faire appel à Immotheker : https://www.immothekerfinotheker.be/F/votre-habitation/realisez-vos-projets-dhabitation
    Le résultat de Immotheker devrait être vérifié par quelqu’un et de préférence avec le(s) demandeurs. Ensuite on pourrait communiquer au groupe si un membre est ok, présente un faible risque ou nok. Si le groupe le souhaite je pourrais être le vérificateur avec une autre personne qui speaks english fluently.

Il est clair que cet exercice est théorique et vite daté puisque la situation de chacun peut changer. Au moment d’acheter (= signer le compromis) il faut revérifier, au moins pour ceux dont la situation professionnelle a changé.

La convention :

La décision d’acheter est prise habituellement pendant une AG. Il est important que chacun puisse s’exprimer pour une phase clé du projet.
Ne pas oublier de mettre à l’ordre du jour de cette réunion le % des voix nécessaires pour prendre cette décision si ce n’est pas déjà indiqué dans les statuts.
Signer un document qui donne l’autorisation de signer le compromis n’est donc pas nécessaire puisque c’est une AG qui décide par une majorité définie.

Si la majorité est atteinte l’AG décide qui peut signer le compromis au nom de l’asbl. Généralement c’est le président mais ce n’est pas nécessairement lui.
Les membres qui ne veulent pas acheter vont quitter l’asbl et les autres doivent réunir l’argent pour payer l’acompte (10% ?) au moyen d’ un prêt qu’ils accordent à l’asbl. Dans ce document, que vous avez déjà reçu, sont précisées les conditions de ce prêt. Entre-autre les conditions pour quitter l’asbl après la signature du compromis mais avant l’achat du site doivent être prévues.

Les membres qui se sont engagé doivent maintenant montrer patte blanche : chacun doit réunir l’argent pour payer sa part casco du projet.
Ceux qui n’y arrivent pas doivent quitter le groupe (voir statuts et/ou le document de prêt à l’asbl).

C’est un moment clé dans le projet et c’est important que tous les membres comprennent bien l’engagement que chacun a envers l’asbl une fois qu’on décide d’acheter.

Ta dernière question au sujet de la contribution est pour après la réalisation du projet. Correct ? Là c’est la loi qui règle ce problème : en principe c’est sur base de la valeur de chaque unité mais souvent on se base sur la surface. Ce dernier critère me semble le plus correct mais c’est une décision du groupe.

N’hésitez pas à me contacter si vous en voulez discuter de vive voix.

Calling @reef-finance! I used this thread to create a draft agenda here. Could people have a look and insert or delete as needed? Especially @Mas (facilitator).

I also created a calendar event with a Zoom link.

1 Like

August 11th (not 18th) is confirmed, is it?

I remember 11th. Did I get the date wrong? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

The minutes say (and I remember) “Malaz to choose between Thursday 11th and Thursday 18th August at 19.30”. I saw no choice by Malaz, maybe I missed sth or he sent you a private message…

You are right, @Celine_D, I stand corrected. Malaz has been ill, so the error is mine.

OK, so it comes down to you, Céline, and @GiuSeb. Malaz and I are free tomorrow, and have already accepted the calendar invitation. But, if you prefer, I am also happy to reschedule.

1 Like

Hey @alberto . I can do tomorrow but may not be able to join the full meeting.

Thanks Giulia. Maybe we reschedule to next week then? That also gives us some more time to look into bookkeeping (ping @Mas on this).

I’m still available tomorrow or on August 18th.

I might prefer the 18th.

Ok, let’s reschedule then. I changed the calendar event. @Mas happy to talk before then, as you suggested.

Hi @alberto @GiuSeb @Mas
About the “confesseur” process: I got in touch with Marcel Heymans, Lie’s father, to arrange an online meeting. He says he’s basically available everyday from 11 AM to 11 PM.
I’m sending you (private messages) a Framadate (poll) to find the better timeslot(s) for us. Starting this Friday, so we can discuss the meeting on Thursday evening if necessary. If we don’t find a suitable time, we’ll add timeslots for August 25-28, but that would be without me.
Could you fill in the form by this Thursday at 7 PM?

1 Like

Are you sure you want me in? I’m sort of “family”, and I know him already. The meeting was for someone who is neither Lie nor myself to form an independent view.

1 Like

“Minutes” done :smiley:

1 Like