Text for Video to go with press release

I’m preparing a video to be pushed out with the press release and the twitterstorm - I’ve cut a snappy little 2min montage together (though I think I’ll reduce it to 1min30). In the end I decided not to go with soundbites and the interview material, as it was a bit Georgia-heavy and I wanted things nice and equal, so I combined visual material from all three countries, and I’ll use text to provide context.

I figure this sits alongside the press release - the press release provides details and links to more information, the video shows you ‘the vibe’ - i.e. is this a corporate conference? is this a hippie drum circle? ah, no, this looks like something I could get involved in. It’s fun, energetic, people of different ages, genders, backgrounds. Shit seems to be getting done. I’d like to find out more about this.

The text needs to provide enough context so that people know what the general idea is: who are these people, what are they doing, and why? and of course ending with a call to participate in Tbilisi. So far I’ve based it on the teaser video text, with some additions:

Egypt - Armenia - Georgia

A new world is being built by people far outside the mainstream.

activists

hackers

social innovators

artists

scientists

communicators

Spot the Future is connecting the protagonists to their peers

What we have to offer is our time, knowledge, skills and the determination to help each other.

what are you building?

what are you up against?

how can we work together?

Come tell us.

June 25-26th, Tbilisi, Georgia

A community-organised #NoSpectators event

• website, logos etc.

are there any other keywords or concepts I’m missing? any suggestions? bear in mind we’ve got to keep it short and simple. Once I’ve got an English text that works, we can translate it, and I can slot in the Arabic, Armenian and Georgian text in its place and upload 4 videos, which is a little nicer than just using static subtitles.

Can you upload video into our youtube accounts post a link to it here?

1 Like

It looks good to me, when the text is final, let me know and I’ll translate it for you.

rough cut online

rough cut is here. (not final, DO NOT SHARE)

Some of the cuts need to be adjusted, the speed effects are very rough at the moment, color correction and sound mix still to come, missing the UNDP & ER logos & website.

Input would be useful on:

overall length. too long? too short? just right?

Titles, both content and style. To stop it getting too hectic I went with separate title cards rather than too much text over videos. Is there a particular colour/background I should use to keep it consistent with STF printed & web material? (the font is all Proxima Nova right now, I’ll use a little TheSans in subheadings/credits)

Are there any important aspects of Spot The Future lacking from the video so far?

Any other comments and suggestions welcome. I’m working on another project today but can make changes tomorrow/on Friday and have it ready to go by the weekend.

awesome!

Which text do you want me to have translated?

WOW

I find it perfect, the length is ok because it shows all the people, and that’s always fun to watch. The text is fine imo, I noticed I was too focused to watch the people and missed the questions that show up on the video as opposed to those in separate slide. I don’t know what would an external observer think is more efficient? Maybe reiterate them:

1. What are you building?

2. What are you up against?

3. How can we work together?

before the final slide? “Come tell us. …”

For the color background you can use Edgeryders orange (#f15c32) or STF’s yellow/mustard on the logo (dont know the color code.)

PS Just emailed you the logos.

The link to website can be edgeryders.eu/events to keep it short, unless someone thinks otherwise.

Ok

Yeah, I felt that the questions were a bit lost as well, I’ll try out a couple of things to make them stick. Does anyone have a higher resolution of the spot the future logo? The one I’m using is from Google drive and is only 200ish px, so it’s blown up here. @Inge basically I need all the text in the video (written in the post above) with each translation following the English equivalent so I don’t get confused and write “what are you hackers against Tbilisi?” or similar.

STF logo

Yes, I put it in the google drive but I’d also cropped it from somewhere. @Nadia has the original file…

All in folder and url for UNDP logos

UNDP logos: http://www.ba.undp.org/content/bosnia_and_herzegovina/en/home/test_area/undp-logos-and-branding-guidelines/

All other logos (STF Egypt has difft logo from Armenia and Georgia): http://drive.google.com/?tab=mo&authuser=0#folders/0B81XQfRCH7JmNmhnNFZDVEo2a1U

Really like it

Well done, seriously. You’re the man.

translations

great, then I’ll proceed with this, do the tweaks and polishing, and upload the English version tomorrow, and the Armenian, Georgian and Egyptian versions once I get translations.

@Vahagn, @gazbee sorour, @Hazem, @Inge, @Khatuna, @Ahmed M Rabie or anybody else who has a moment to help out, could I please have line-by-line translation of this text? Actually, maybe some of these lines already have translations in our existing spot the future material and can be copy pasted:

A new world is being built by people far outside the mainstream.

Spot the Future is connecting the protagonists to their peers

Egypt - Armenia - Georgia

activists

hackers

social innovators

artists

scientists

communicators

What we have to offer is our time, knowledge, skills and the determination to help each other.

what are you building?

what are you up against?

how can we work together?

Come tell us.

Futurespotters International Community Event

June 25-28th, Tbilisi, Georgia

ადამიანები აშენებენ ახალ, მეინსტრიმს მოშორებულ მსოფლიოს

Spot the Future აკავშირებს პროტაგონისტებს თავიანთ თანატოლებთან

ეგვიპტე-სომხეთი-საქართველო

აქტივისტები

ჰაკერები

სოციალური

ინოვატორები

არტისტები

მეცნიერები

კომუნიკატორები

ჩვენ შეგვიძლია შემოგთავაზოთ ჩვენი დრო, ცოდნა, უნარ-ჩვევები და მიზანდასახულობა რომ დავეხმაროთ ერთმანეთს

რას აშენებ შენ?/ /რას ეწინააღმდეგები?

/როგორ ვიმუშაოთ ერთად?

მოდი და მოგვიყევი

Futurespotters საერთაშორისო ღონისძიება

25-28 ივნისი, თბილისი, საქართველო

1 Like

great! thanks Inge!

2 Likes

Armenian Translation

Մի նոր աշխարհ է կերտվում` գերիշխող հասարակությունից դուրս ապրող մարդկանց ձեռքերով

“Նախանշենք Ապագա”-ն միավորում է գլխավոր հերոսներին` իրենց համակիրների հետ

Եգիպտոս - Հայաստան - Վրաստան 

ակտիվիստներ

հաքերներ

սոցիալական նորարարներ

արվեստագետներ

գիտնականներ

կոմունիկատորներ

Մենք բոլորս այստեղ առաջարկում ենք մեր ժամանակը, գիտելիքները, հմտություններն ու միմյանց օգնելու պատրաստակամությունը:

Ինչ եք դուք ստեղծում?

Ինչին եք դուք դեմ?

Ինչպես կարող ենք մենք միասին աշխատել?

Համեցեք, կիսվեք մեզ հետ:

Ապագան Նախանշողների Միջազգային Համայնքային Հանդիպում,

Հունիսի 25-28-ը, Թբիլիսի, Վրաստան

nice work, thank you!

1 Like

arabic translation

يتم حاليا بناء العالم الجديد من قبل الناس التى تعمل خارج التيار السائد

يهدف لربط هولاء الابطال باقرانهم Spot the Future

مصر - ارمينيا - جورجيا

نشطاء

هاكرز

مبتكرين اجتماعيين

فنانين

علماء

اعلاميين

ما نستطيع ان نقدمه هو وقتنا ,معارفنا ,مهارتنا و تصميمنا على ان نساعد بعضنا البعض

ماذا نبنى ؟

ما الذى نواجهه؟

كيف يمكننا العمل معا ؟

اشترك معنا و اخبرنا

futurespottersالملتقى العالمى لمجتمع

25-28 يونيو , تبليسى , جورجيا

@gazbee sorour  can u refine this and make it  a little bit pretty . especially the word communicators

@SamMuirhead   if u can wait for gazbee’s refine it would be better . if there is no time just do it like this

video online

You can share this one! English version: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8HoKMgpBOAI

all languages now online

Thank you for the translations @Inge, @Vahagn, and @Hazem! the videos are online. Please let me know if I have made any mistakes, pasted things backwards or accidentally used the Georgian equivalent of Comic Sans.

Could you please help me out with one last translation request?

I need to put this in the video description box for each video:

Join us for the futurespotters Twitterstorm Monday 12 May at 11am CET:

Find out more about Spot the Future here:

georgian

შემოგვიერთდით #futurespotters თვითერქარიშხალში ორშაბათს 12 მაისს დილის 11 საათზე

გაიგეთ მეტი Spot the future-ის შესახებ აქ:

Editing Georgian Text

Sam, great work! Loved it… just minor requests regarding editing the Georgian text :

ადამიანები აშენებენ ახალ, მეინსტრიმისგან განსხვავებულ მსოფლიოს

Spot the Future აკავშირებს თანამოაზრეებს  თანამოაზრეებთან

ეგვიპტე-სომხეთი-საქართველო

აქტივისტები

ჰაკერები

სოციალური

ინოვატორები

ხელოვანები

მეცნიერები

კომუნიკატორები

ჩვენ შეგვიძლია შემოგთავაზოთ ჩვენი დრო, ცოდნა, უნარ-ჩვევები და მიზანდასახულობა რომ დავეხმაროთ ერთმანეთს

რას აშენებ შენ?/ /რისი შეცვლა გსურს?

/როგორ ვიმუშაოთ ერთად?

მოდი და მოგვიყევი!

Futurespotter-ების საერთაშორისო შეხვედრა

25-28 ივნისი, თბილისი, საქართველო

1 Like