[working out loud] opencareThird Consortium Meeting - nov 29th public event

Ciao, after a lot of work I’m very happy in writing this post.

(see here the three days events on ER - it’ll be updated soon)

(see here the 29 nov event on ER it’ll be updated soon)

(see here the italian save the date on WeMake)

As agreed in the first cons meeting each partner is organizing a public event to involve the local community.

Here we are with more than a preview :wink:

(we’ll soon spread the news on the social network)  :

Taking care  (in a fluid and connected city). A workshop

How openness and collaboration could redefine and support care activities. 

Milan is changing and with the city, citizens’ behaviours are changing accordingly. New needs, problems and unexpected opportunities emerge, In many areas. Especially around the activities of care, probably more than in other contexts: a more fluid, connected and mobile population, expresses new demands and, if properly supported, could provide unusual answers.

In this framework, WeMake and Comune di Milano, within EU-funded project opencare, organize a workshop to investigate two significant cases which are showing us two models of action based on communities, fostering the creation of a new model of care (understood as well-being of citizens): Mare Culturale Urbano and Mercato Lorenteggio.

The workshop is a research session with the aim of understanding how dynamics of co-design and online conversations’ could support and feed communities and specifically the two case studies.

We’ll investigate open models of engagement of local citizens and other actors (offline and online)

As an outcome we’d like to create a work path to allow the understanding the potential of this approach and fostering the growth of similar projects in synergy with Milan and replicable in other contexts.

Agenda:

9:00 Registration and coffee

9.30 Presentation Work program

10:15 Presentation of case studies

mare culturale urbano

dynamoscopio

11.00 Presentation of opencare:

cura in comune

11.30 Incomplete mapping of online tools

Edgeryders WeMake

12.00 Groups Sessions

12:45 Lunch break

14.00 Groups Sessions

17.00 Wrap-up

18.00 Aperitif

18.30 Public presentation

Taking care  (in a fluid and connected city)

How openness and collaboration could redefine and support care activities.

WeMake & Ezio Manzini

21.00 concert

Mare Culturale Urbano

Cascina Torrette

via Giuseppe Gabetti, 15

Milano

The workshop is organized and curated by:

WeMake | Makerspace Fablab

Comune di Milano

opencare consortium

with the scientific direction of Ezio Manzini

The workshop is possibile thanks to the valuable collaboration of:

mare culturale urbano

dynamoscopio

Is all day public or just Ezio-s presentation?

Thanks @Costantino. Asking so we know if and who to invite for the day. Is there any registration procedure or max no. of spots?

invitation + eventbrite

@Noemi

invitation only for the day

public event (with eventbrite) for the night

ps:

what about master of network? as you know we have limited space here @ wemake

MoN is public

As far as I know MoN is public, but we don’t expect more than max 5-8 people outside the OpenCare team, right @Alberto?

@ all, please add a “Registration” section in your events so it’s clear what’s Consortium only and what not. Alternatively, once details become clear next week I can add this info.

We do need a capacity ceiling

@Costantino : Noemi is right, I do not expect more than 10-12 people overall. Can you give us a ceiling? Then I can use the FB event to ask for a confirmation or simply tell people “we have X seats, first come-first served”.

20 ok

20ish ok

25 and more squeezed